LFC4ever

1001 Presoak:

PA190254.JPG

PA190255.JPG

PA190256.JPG

Waist: 36.5" (already tight, but ok)

Inseam: 38"

Too tight for a soak?!

I want to manage a real slim fit here - pain included, if necessary!

Note: Reports on up to 3" of stretch in the waist after few days of wear!

Should I remove the arcs before or after the soak? :-)

cause he bought it for the denim not for the arcs.

turb i dont think it matters but if you remove it after, it will leave an imprint from the stitching. and there will be holes. so if you soak it after then the holes will closeup too.

hardly a difference and it would go away eventually.

cause he bought it for the denim not for the arcs.

turb i dont think it matters but if you remove it after, it will leave an imprint from the stitching. and there will be holes. so if you soak it after then the holes will closeup too.

hardly a difference and it would go away eventually.

thanks for that answer khoiphan - i was thinking along the same lines.

i removed the arcs after i soaked on my F380 and it had the effect described by you above. i am wondering what will happen after the first real wash. maybe I should soak again before i wash them ... ?!

i removed the arcs after i soaked on my F380 and it had the effect described by you above. i am wondering what will happen after the first real wash. maybe I should soak again before i wash them ... ?!

I don't think you really have to worry too much about that. Just remove then soak then wear.

The 1001's look good. If you want the waist not to get too small but you want the legs to be a bit slimmer i'd look around the house for some type of childrens wood blocks, plastic tubing, etc that you could push into the waist of the jeans and then button them up. Then soak them with the tubing or whatever still in the waist to prevent shrinkage. You could also use boiling water to try to get the waist to shrink more.

how about that (uncomfortable) idea of mine to get under the shower with the 1001s?

would probably turn the water to sth between 30 and 40 degrees celsius ans wait for 20 minutes.

should do the trick for the waist. just not sure what effect the continuous shower could have to the color?!

it will be gone. i wouldnt mind much about this becasue its barely noticeable

is the waist already really snug?

edit:

ok i just read your post again. i don't think you should worry much about putting them on in the shower. just fill your bath tub with cold water and leave them there for awhile. take them out, hang them. wait till they dry and since you said that pain isnt a problem wear them around the house and they'll gradually stretch. and like the rest of the jeans, the waist will stretch too so just button them up as far as you can. then wear them around then eventually youll be able to button all of the buttons.

i dont think the stretching part is a problem because i just recently had to soak the waist of my 3001s because it was getting too loose.

no bath tub, that i why i considered the shower option!

i will just soak them in my washing machine. it has a special program for that.

not sure whether cold, 30 degrees or 40 degrees. i still want the legs to shrink!

but maybe the cold soak will also shrink the denim everywhere, right?

Waist: 36.5" (already tight, but ok)

Inseam: 38"

Too tight for a soak?!

I want to manage a real slim fit here - pain included, if necessary!

Note: Reports on up to 3" of stretch in the waist after few days of wear!

Should I remove the arcs before or after the soak? :-)

When I got my 1001's, they were a little tight around the waist. It was a struggle to get the top button buttoned, but with a little effort I could. After a 40 minute hot soak, the second to the top was difficult and the top was impossible. After a week of off and on wear, they stretched out to a "comfortable" state. Now at 3 weeks, I have about an inch to spare and they sag a little. Overall, I would say they stretched 2 inches after the soak.

When I got my 1001's, they were a little tight around the waist. It was a struggle to get the top button buttoned, but with a little effort I could. After a 40 minute hot soak, the second to the top was difficult and the top was impossible. After a week of off and on wear, they stretched out to a "comfortable" state. Now at 3 weeks, I have about an inch to spare and they sag a little. Overall, I would say they stretched 2 inches after the soak.

if it is really 2 inches it would be perfect for me. i expect to shrink them down to 35.5 (from 36.5) and than to stretch them back to 37 to 37.5.which seems to be my natural waist size anyways.

so how's everyone doing with their BSPs so far?

mine fit well but ive been losing weight and now theyre a little lose in the waist where they once were comfortable...might be up for a trade in size 33 if someone is looking for a 34...for now ill keep wearing in rotation with my diors

is 2nd willing to ship out flat heads with arcs and tabs to the US. I remember that they wouldnt do it anymore, but i was wondering if this has changed since they are generally shipping to US again. I was interested in the 4001bk they have with the old arcs and tabs, so i was wondering if they will still remove the arcs and tab before shipping to US.

is 2nd willing to ship out flat heads with arcs and tabs to the US. I remember that they wouldnt do it anymore, but i was wondering if this has changed since they are generally shipping to US again. I was interested in the 4001bk they have with the old arcs and tabs, so i was wondering if they will still remove the arcs and tab before shipping to US.

I don't think flathead still produces any pair of jeans with the old stitching, even in japan. I got my 1001's proxied from 2nd and they have the new stitching and no tabs.