The Flat Head

LFC4ever

All this talk about true waist, true to size... is getting me a bit confused. First off, how do you measure your true waist? Is it where you normally wear your jeans or somewhere higher/lower? Would like to know because I'm thinking about buying a pair of FH3010. If I measure where I wear my current jeans (APC Cures 31) it measures about a 33.5, so I'm guessing I just get a 33 in FH, do a soak, lose maybe an inch in the waist (so 33) and they'll stretch a bit to about a 34 right?

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the clarity, so I measure a true waist 33, thinking I'm just gonna size up to a 34 seeing these shrink quite a bit and apparently don't stretch that much. I'm going for a Sidneylo fit (probably won't be identical because his are a 29) but he sized up one so yeah. Anyone who has a reason for me to get a 33, I'm all ears.

Also after looking on the selfedge size chart I'm wondering how they measure the thigh, is that supposed to be doubled?

All right last post, could have put it all together in one but whatever. I'll just quickly post my stats; 6' 155-160 pounds and a 33 inch natural waist (measured 2-3 inch below navel). I'm kind of stuck between a 33 and 34. Reading this thread I'm hearing different things, some say true to size, some say size up. Kiya himself says these don't stretch all that much so perhaps a 33 would be a bit tight for my liking post soak. If anyone can chime in on the 33vs34, I know Mr. 3001 says size up ;) but still..

Quick question about the thighs seeing these measure about 24 inches in the thighs (doubling the 12 measurement from selfedge). I measure around 20/21 inches at the thickest so will I be allright after a soak or will the thighs be too wide?

Thanks, and Kiya you can be expecting a new order soon ;)

I'm 6'2" and 185 and I usually wear a 33 but sized up to 34 in these. My thighs are bigger too (probably 11.5-12) so I think you should get 33s. Mine were tight as shit at first but as Mr3001 says, ALL DENIM STRETCHES. Recent fit pics in the FH 3001 thread

FH 1001 size 32/36 which is my true waist size

pre soak

fh1001presoakck0.jpg

post soak (3hrs in the hottest water available from the tap)

fh1001postsoakbm9.jpg

edit: totally speechless about lamb.'s F310, amazing contrast

FH 1001 size 32/36 which is my true waist size

pre soak

fh1001presoakck0.jpg

post soak (3hrs in the hottest water available from the tap)

fh1001postsoakbm9.jpg

edit: totally speechless about lamb.'s F310, amazing contrast

Why haven't these been mentioned on superfuture before? Is this the same cut as the 3001 with a button fly?

Yes they are, and they are made of different denim, 16oz.

I just don't like zip fly's on jeans, so that's the main reason for getting these over the 3001.

sweet... midnight is here too, this is a pretty cool page so far.

kinda rad/rare to have have a single red post on this page!

maybe if everyone cops these we wont ever have to tell anyone about the zipper lock ever again? I'm pro 1001.

I wish my 310's were 16oz :(

As an update..

Looks like the SE05BSP will be out sooner than we thought..

Flat Head's newest model..

Tapered, slim cut, 3XXX denim, button fly, half arcuates in indigo.

Mid-September...

As an update..

Mid-September...

perfect timing. Was gonna wait for a pair of 3001, but I will get these.

I wish my 310's were 16oz :(

Speaking of, does anyone know if this 16oz denim really fades the same way as the 3XXX denim from the 310s? I'm assuming this 1001 denim is the same denim used in the SExFH which is advertised as having the same fading properties as the 3XXX.

I've had this question for bit but didn't know about the 1001 and its too soon to tell with the SExFHs it seems.

As an update..

Mid-September...

Sounds great, do you think they will make these in a 27, and if so will you be carrying them?

Sounds great, do you think they will make these in a 27, and if so will you be carrying them?

28 to 36..

We've never found anybody that needed a 27 3001. Ever.

They shrink like crazy, there's no way you'd need a 27...

^ Is this the same cut as the SExFH, but just with their standard-weight denim, and non-yo yo adornments?

Yes and no..

The waist runs the same as the 3001, so +1" from tagged size.. it has the yoyo themed tag.. it's not the identical pattern, it's a new slim fitting jean with a taper.

Mitch beat me to it :P

i just picked up a pair as well, price was about $300 through proxy. Bought size 32 as well (true to size)

Measurements before/ after hot soak (1 hour)

waist- 17/ 15.5

inseam- 38/ 34.5

rise front- 10/ 9.5

rise back- 14/ 13.5

thigh- 12/ 11.25

knee- 8.5/ 8

hem- 8.5 / 8

seems pretty close to the 3001's but in 16 oz denim and button fly.