jstavrin

Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

Got these in the post today, Studio D'Artisan LTD ED. Loopwheel and Real McCoys Loopwheel.

Loop001.jpg

Loop005.jpg

The McCoys is alot tighter than my other McCoys of the same size, but then again, I seem to remember it stretched a bit.

Loop002.jpg

Stitch on the sleeves

Loop003.jpg

Loop004.jpg

very nice find..one day I make it to Orange land and go thrifting..

Cheap, why is that shirt in this thread?

That looks like a 70's long sleeve shirt.

Thread title loopwheeled/vintage ?

Ah yes, i thought this thread was more for loopwheeled vintage items, not just any vintage t-shirts.

Can anyone comment on the length of RMC Ts?

Can anyone comment on the length of RMC Ts?

Well proportioned across sizes. My 40" chest measure about 26".

Ah yes, i thought this thread was more for loopwheeled vintage items, not just any vintage t-shirts.

could you help enlighten us to the details that clue you to whether or not a fabric is knit with a loopwheeler?

^ Bump. Would like to know too!

Been comparing my various loopwheeled garments with 'regular' cotton ones - I haven't found any definite visual markers...it's more in the hand of the fabric, and how the fabric endures wash and wear.

The only thing I've noticed is 'feel' also, the texture is a little different and they seem to be heavier. Anyone with a definitive way of telling them apart would be most welcome to share.

Cheap, why is that shirt in this thread?

That looks like a 70's long sleeve shirt.

figured out that tee isnt even vintage, its some japanese brand called rna.

Anyone heard of a brand called Camber? I bought a few t-shirts made by them in the early-mid 90s from Interstate. They were very thick, heavy cotton, with contrasting neck and (short-sleeve) cuff and made in USA. I think I still have them somewhere.

I envy all you people, most of those loopwheeled tees just don't come in my size...

I'm selling a new 2-pack of Velva Sheen pocket t-shirts in Oatmeal, size M for 55 shipped. PM me if you're interested!

Sizing:

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/velva-sheen/product/crew-neck-pocket-t-shirt-2-pack-oatmeal-heather

77f611da.jpg

I'm selling them because they don't accomodate my freakishly short torso, by the way.

Yeah, I have a thermal-lined hoodie that I bought 6 or 7 years ago at an NYC Army-Navy. Tough as nails.

http://www.camberusa.com/

Also, if you're into US-made reverse-weave sweats and don't want to go broke, check out Wek:

http://www.sweatshirtsusa.com/

They're ramping up production after a few years off. I have a couple pairs of pants and they are HEAVY, top-quality.

Anyone heard of a brand called Camber? I bought a few t-shirts made by them in the early-mid 90s from Interstate. They were very thick, heavy cotton, with contrasting neck and (short-sleeve) cuff and made in USA. I think I still have them somewhere.

Anyone know of a store in nyc that sells the brand loopwheeler tees???

i'm looking for a good quality t-shirt, but i'm 5' 5" so i need them rather short. from this thread i've understood that Whitesville are really nice, but there doesn't seem to be anyone selling them in Europe (if they are, someone please tell me). so i'm thinking about ordering some Velva Sheen Pacs but i'm afraid that they might be too long. measured my favourite tee and it's 24" but my chest is like 40" so i usually go with sz M. i've also looked at brands like Warehouse, Dubbleworks, Barns etc. what would you guys recommend?

5018738078_e774dda240.jpg

5018130863_1d918fd064.jpg

5018734672_9bfffd9137.jpg

i really wanna check out googies when i'm in jp next year...

icon10.gif

Where the hell can I get the first shirt...I need it?

Where the hell can I get the first shirt...I need it?

That first shirt is almost five years ago, it's long gone.