jstavrin

Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

On 03/10/2018 at 2:42 AM, JDelage said:

What is your favorite indigo-dyed t-shirt everyone?

A quick picture...Stevenson, Fullcount, Samurai, Warehouse and PBJ on top.

76BB4B2E-61EE-4248-9BA6-7529D6D4F9F9.jpeg

Which one do you like best in terms of quality & feel?

On 03/10/2018 at 12:42 AM, JDelage said:

What is your favorite indigo-dyed t-shirt everyone?

I’ve had a PBJ one for a few years, which is probably my favourite, it has a greencast shade. I have 2 Leftfields - one short-sleeve and one long, which are much bluer than the PBJ. Out of those I prefer the long-sleeve, which seems to have a slightly slimmer fit, although both are the same size. I also recently bought an interesting-looking PBJ kasuri t-shirt  but haven’t worn it yet and probably won’t do now until next summer.

to clarify - we are talking yarn-dyed indigo tees here - I also have a garment-dyed tee or two from brands like SDA, etc...

the PBJ's have been around for a while and should be well established - the pattern is a bit more specific and maybe not up to everybody's liking.
the Stevenson is excellent in weight, cut and fit.
my FC's are more in the lightweight category, but IIRC they've done heavier indigo yarn-dyed ones in the past...
The Samurai is more like a lightweight sweat shirt.
Warehouse is my go-to for mid-weight, heavier tees - great knit fabric and cuts (set-in sleeves and raglan, with or w/o pocket) - you can see the colour of the worn one on the right, the new one is underneath.

so, Warehouse & Stevenson are my preferred choices at the moment in regards to specialty tees from my little selection.

obviously, this is all very subjective and the main issue being specific fits and measurements of each brand working for your body type and comfort or not!

Edited by Foxy2

@Foxy2 - great pile of shirts, and great descriptions. 

Personally I like raglan sleeve tees a lot. Since there's no traditional shoulder seam, I think they fit a wide range of body types well. The shape is very flattering in general. I get most people like a regular tee though. But I'm into the baseball raglan tee w/ contrasting color 3/4 sleeves. 

Might be my favorite indigo dyed tee as well. Wish I could try the WH and SOC options, but I think they are too small even with my weight loss. :blink:
YoGGPnF.jpg

How much do TSG loopwheeled tees shrink? 

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

How much do TSG loopwheeled tees shrink? 

They've been rinsed, so shrinkage is fairly minimal if cold washed and line dried.  If you end up warm washing them or drying them you'll get about half a size of shrinkage.

On 9/10/2013 at 6:46 AM, Spawnzer said:

I placed my order with Jon not even a week ago and the wait is already killing me, went with http://www.tezomeya.com/item/gradation_t.html#gr03'>the gradation tee in indigo & http://www.tezomeya.com/item/nocolor_t.html'> the plain tee.

Anyone here has any experience with Entry SG? I've been looking at http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/analog/item/t-301/'> their "Gelato" tee in nuts brown & http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/analog/item/t-161cb-smoky-blue/'> their "Excellent weave" tee in smoke blue, black and grey

They wont ship till the 27th tho, bummer

Sorry I'm replying to an older post but these Loopwheeled tees look very interesting as they have an "undyed" version too.

Any tips on shrinkage in them, should I upsize?