Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

Well that's good to know at least. I checked my white ones I purchased from SE and they're still good.

It's a shame because that washed out black / grey color was awesome. I still plan on buying the indigo and black pack from you guys soon.

I haven't tried Velva Sheen out yet, but they're on my list.

Can you get velva sheen black in the US?  Haven't found 'em yet...

I think that Velva Sheen is about the best option for US-made vintage style Ts.

I don't doubt this, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with Velva Sheen's standard, two-pack crewneck shirt (can't remember if I posted that here or not). I've handled their henleys though and they feel beautiful, as if they're made by a different company.

still chiming in to continue my flat head love. I just washed all my tee shirts yesterday and I'm still convinced these are the best... imo necessary things in a wardrobe are nice unsanforized raw denim and high quality and/or loopwheeled t shirts.

loopwheeled sweats are overrated...

I'm still trying to get the right FH tee size, I have a grey and black in 46 and they're just a bit too big and long I think.

Might try 44 next time around. They are some of my favorites too!

I recently got a Stanley tee from Mister Freedom which is an awesome lighter weight option.

Get a 44. I had to sell all my 42's because I also realized they were too big... the 40's are pretty much too tight as soon as I get them, but after some manipulation they fit perfectly and even after washes they retain the shape.

I laugh when people say they can't make flat heads tees work... like people that are 6 feet or something. a 46 is huge! Especially after you get the stretch out of it.

I'll also say that I'm a believer in loopwheel IF my gray collab tee is loopwheeled and the "drinks for rockheads" tee isn't. It's easy to tell the difference in feel, and I like my grey one a lot better. Really glad I picked up the grey since other than being an amazing print flat head stopped making light grey and introduced some uglier colors like rust brown and purple or something

The grey one I have is loopwheeled (I believe at least), it's pretty easy to tell the difference between it and the black one.

The fabric is a lot softer and has just a nicer feel to it. Not that the black one I have is bad, but you can tell the difference.

Still wish I could've gotten the Go For Coffee graphic tee...

still chiming in to continue my flat head love. I just washed all my tee shirts yesterday and I'm still convinced these are the best... imo necessary things in a wardrobe are nice unsanforized raw denim and high quality and/or loopwheeled t shirts.

loopwheeled sweats are overrated...

Agreed, I've reached the point now that I don't want to wear any T-shirts that aren't Flat Head. I might as well stock up on them for the rest of my days. Picked up a few new ones, I'll post a pic in the FH thread sometime.

I have a couple of plain white FH THC tees, but were bought at different times. My older ones have a significantly tighter neck hole than the newer one. Do you guys know if this is a permanent change? I have a pretty thick neck and a small head so I like how the tighter neck lessens my "neckface" so I'm not as much of a fan of the recent one I've got. Anyone have input on how the SG tees or any other similar silhouetted tee's necklines are compare the the FH THCs?

I have a couple of plain white FH THC tees, but were bought at different times. My older ones have a significantly tighter neck hole than the newer one. Do you guys know if this is a permanent change? I have a pretty thick neck and a small head so I like how the tighter neck lessens my "neckface" so I'm not as much of a fan of the recent one I've got. Anyone have input on how the SG tees or any other similar silhouetted tee's necklines are compare the the FH THCs?

This is a huge bugbear of mine. I thought I'd cracked it with some Champion Made in USA t-shirts that I got from Japan, which are perfect aside from the neckhole, which is a touch too large.

The 3sixteen ones look like a good option.

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

Maybe Ben can speak more to this, but I haven't noticed a difference; the new THC shirts I've bought had the same tight neck holes, I can't imagine them being tighter! (That's what he said...)

Danny has said that they made a change and made the neck holes slightly bigger... I haven't noticed it since I haven't bought a new Thc In a while. Maybe they changed it because people complained its too tight, which I don't really get since they stretch easy if you work it a little.

Almost every tee shirt I've had from Japanese brands (with the exception of iron Heart) has had great neck holes, I just like flat heads the best because of the decorative stitching.

You can try strike gold since they have he same silhouette but I don't remember how tight the beck is.

well, for me, the specs i covet most (no particular order):

mid-weight fabric, tubular body, "blind" stitching on hem and sleeves, fairly athletic cut (not huge but not skinny)

I don't doubt this, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with Velva Sheen's standard, two-pack crewneck shirt (can't remember if I posted that here or not). I've handled their henleys though and they feel beautiful, as if they're made by a different company.

For almost ten years Flat Head's t-shirts were my favorite, i love the short boxy fix and the tight neck-hole.  Then came along Stevenson's white tees and when i first got a pack i hated the huge neck-hole, i felt it was too sexxxy looking, i was not ready for it.  Then over the period of a few months i made myself wear the Stevenson ones, i got into the idea of the larger neck-hole.  Then about a year ago i got a pack of 3sixteen's tees, the fit was great but not as good as FH's or Strike Gold's for me.  Then i washed the 3sixteen tee and everything changed, the sleeves were snug, the body came in, and as big as a FH fanboy that i am, i can say i like the fit on 3sixteen's better after they've been washed and dried.  I got a pack of Lady White tees but i got them in a size Small and only use them as undershirts, which to me have to fit differently than a t-shirt you'd wear alone.  FH and SG win on fabric, 3sixteen wins on fit, Stevenson wins for when you want to show off your gold chains while they're still tucked under your t-shirt.  Thank you for reading my rambling mess on t-shirts.

Still gotta consider the graphics on the tees too... for someone who's into loud, well-done in your face graphics... flat head is yet again unbeatable. Literally every aspect of their shirts is my favorite out of any shirts I've tried... just took me getting my right size to realize it!

I don't get why there's no love for fh on these boards, at least not like there used to be. And I'm surprised theres never been more love for the tees and shirts and leather... you only see the jeans, but it's all fantastic

I need to try flat head's u neck shirts... i think those might be the ultimate undershirt. Thc is just a little too heavy.

Edited by itsbenhere

short and boxy 

yup,  huge disappointment.  I have the indigo dyed ones and the fabric is awfully rough.  

I gave up on high end t shirts.  I'll take a 6 pack of Kirkland Signature t shirts and call it a day.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space

I've always just left my head in the hole of the THC tees for like a couple seconds when putting them on, stretch out just enough to be comfortable IMO.

And Ben I agree with you, I love Flat Head and just about everything they make. I've been tracking down any size 44 graphic tees I can find the last couple days. I can think of at least half a dozen shirts I'd own from them if they fit me...

Never been a big fan of the fit on FH (regular) tee's but I really like there 3/4 sleeve shirts

20150722_121946_zpstbk2gljm.jpg

They are a nice lightweight fabric that drapes nice a they wash really nice , I've had this about 2 years and the fabric is still in good shape

@Kiya - what size 316 tee do you wear? 

I wear a small, which is quite slim on me, but i like my tees to be slim, especially in the arms.  

Brad, stretch it out... You'll be fine.

Good luck broark, I know the struggle of the search! Luckily I've pretty got every tee shirt I've needed from them :)

Unfortuantely I didn't bother, even if I did I would have to stretch to a point where it would leave it deformed.

Unfortuantely I didn't bother, even if I did I would have to stretch to a point where it would leave it deformed.

What stretched the collar some on my first FH THC was simply running the hanger through the collar when hanging up the shirt. The collar's too small to do this without stretching some. Now I put the hanger through the bottoms of the THCs to avoid this, but it sounds like it could help you out.