Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

Those Full Back T's look great. I'm disappointed they're not longer. Here's a pic of a t-shirt taken at the WWII museum in New Orleans. Long & narrow... 

WWII T shirt museum IMG_7347.jpg

Edited by CSL

9 hours ago, Broark said:

Picked up these tees from Signal Garments via a proxy, Full Back is a seemingly very new brand.
Instagram link and Signal Garments link for additional information, seems as if this was a brand that was around in the 1940s although I haven't seen any vintage examples.
I'm really pleased with the fabric on these, it's very fluffy and the fit is really nice. I'll be looking out for more colors and future releases.
I'll get some fit pics soon, still haven't figured out a good place for them in the new place.

Translated text from Signal Garments:
"FULL BACK", an athletic wear brand that existed in the United States around the 1940s.
Although the original is a minor brand, its construction is similar to the athletic wear that was famous in the United States in the 1940s. I wanted more people to know about the wonderful construction and texture of the fabric, which led to the production. This brand, which was made in the good old days, has been inspected one by one and has become vintage items. It is a product that revives the technology forgotten in the past while imagining the wisdom and production background unique to that time.

these look really nice. how do they fit on you? 

9 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

these look really nice. how do they fit on you? 

Working on the fit pics, will get some posted this weekend.
Here are the measurements, I went for size 42.
They have already been washed according to the Signal Garments postings.
The fit is pretty boxy which I like in a t-shirt, feels similar to my WH tees in size XL.

Shoulders: 21 in.
Chest: 23 in.
Length: 26 in.
Sleeve: 8 in.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry this took me awhile to post (I still haven't figured out where the best place to take fit pics is in our new place).
Here's the Full Back white tee after a wash, really enjoying these and hope they release more varieties.
ktCOWMj.jpg

On 5/18/2023 at 5:34 AM, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Got a t shirt I ordered a while back(EMS sure do take their fucking time) from Dalee today. It’s my first Deluxeware product. I’m pleasantly surprised with the fabric. Very soft and light yet full of texture. The fabric looks like it wasn’t cleaned before turned into yarn and there are small bits of non cotton leftovers. 

28EC63FE-3C7D-4C8F-B523-587F08DD7AAF.jpeg

C7B855D9-103A-4692-AFBA-A8166EDC8C8B.jpeg

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4687.jpeg

nice and soft tee!  which website did u buy from? thanks ~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@BroarkI’ve been reluctant in buying thermals for years because of fear of looking like an encased sausage due to tightness if that makes sense 😂.  I had to compare this thermal to the sizing of a previous long sleeve tshirt I own by the same brand.  I found this to be made oversized like most of the brand’s tops offerings which is great for those who are wider and broader like myself.  I wouldn’t wear a tshirt over it since it’s oversized unless I went down one size.  Might wear it tucked in later on due to length unlike the recent waywtd I posted.  Not a bad offering by Phigvel for bigger guys.  Size 40 fits like a true large tshirt.

@mlwdp Thermals can definitely be difficult, my FW ones fresh out of the wash feel a little tight but stretch very quickly. I’ve been looking for the honeycomb knit ones like these, wanted to avoid RMC and the Stevenson wool ones are too warm. Might grab the grey and natural in size 4.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

@mlwdp Thermals can definitely be difficult, my FW ones fresh out of the wash feel a little tight but stretch very quickly. I’ve been looking for the honeycomb knit ones like these, wanted to avoid RMC and the Stevenson wool ones are too warm. Might grab the grey and natural in size 4.

Curious why you want to avoid RMC? I just got a RMC thermal and I love it. Perfect fit and very comfortable with no itchiness that I've experienced with some other brands. I personally like to wear thermals on the snug side as a winter base layer, in place of a t shirt.

@Vulcan There have been various dubious claims about RMC over the years: from poor quality (especially in relation to the hyper-inflated western pricing), leading vintage dealers on and photographing their pieces without permission / purchase (after they said they would be buying them) and then going on to reproduce said pieces with no attribution.

That’s just a few things I’ve heard over the years, so I’d rather just not support them personally. I still have a Ballpark sweat I like that’s holding up just fine and one of the sea island cotton tees that’s alright. But I’ve sold or donated everything else that I had from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to buy this over the summer.  Kind of hard to find colors that aren’t black, white, or gray from Phigvel.  Seems like they select a small few shops for the more colorful choices of Tshirts.  From Anemoscope.

IMG_4088.jpeg

On 12/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, mlwdp said:

Meant to buy this over the summer.  Kind of hard to find colors that aren’t black, white, or gray from Phigvel.  Seems like they select a small few shops for the more colorful choices of Tshirts.  From Anemoscope.

IMG_4088.jpeg

How do you rate these tees from Phigvel?

I've come close to pulling the trigger several times, but somehow I haven’t bought one yet

Well, none of them have shrunk on me even though I line dry and the added bonus is they arent side seamed, which is great.  Wearing them makes me feel slimmer and I’ve been on the hunt for them lately.  There’s a place called Bitters that sells a similar tshirt but the pockets are smaller.

• 1 month later...