Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

@unders Not sure if you have any experience with Warehouse tees, but they're no tighter than the neck opening on those.
I'd say they're much more forgiving than Flat Head THC tees too, which are about the smallest I've experienced.
Initial impression is that they look snug but are actually pretty forgiving, might have to do with the silk thread.

9 hours ago, unders said:

@MJF9 @Broark how’s the neckline on these? I’ve been eyeing them up for some time (esp. now there are a few more colours) but the pics make them look pretty tight around the neck. 

MIne are 22s t-shirts, noticed these new ones are 23s. 

Noting mine are too big for me, the neck is big - if I had the right size, I think the neck would still be on the bigger side... bigger than Warehouse.

The 23s chart is about 5cm smaller in chest and shoulder than mine, for a size 42. So maybe the neck has been reduced too.

A long way of saying Broark's the best source of info here mate for this new batch :)

@Broark interested in fit pics if you have the time and inclination mate... 

PS the t-shirts seem to go up 21s, 22s, 23s... not sure why, not looked into that

@MJF9 interesting observations, must have been some tweaks to the pattern along the way.
I wore the navy one yesterday, neck opening is a tad bit bigger than WH.
I'll work on some fit pics, likely will have to wait until after we're moved into our new place. Packed a ton of boxes yesterday so the current place is in varying states of disarray.

2 hours ago, unders said:

Cheers @MJF9 the photos are deceiving me then. I’ll keep an eye out for future releases. 

I'm with you in that the photos make the neck look reasonably small for those on sale now.  Austin's will be the acid test for the 23s model mate.  For 22s model I have, it's larger size necks akin to old military t-shirts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seriously need to review here the 3 Masstard heavyweight tshirts I’ve gotten from Anemoscope recently.  Some plus and minuses of the brand.  I’ll edit this later today with pics when I get home.

Masstard heavyweight tshirts from Anemoscope.  Quality is ok.

The green boat neck long sleeve tshirt was sent to me by mistake but I’ll take it (I originally ordered the short sleeve version for the summer).

3BBAA90A-F7F7-4F09-B0EF-4CEA8C7EB9B8.jpeg

F0926F99-38D6-4D28-B140-9C1644A43686.jpeg

A556E01A-21DC-4ED0-86CE-F652914B1E4B.jpeg

Just purchased a few of the Samurai ‘Solid Plain’ tees in a really nice off-white.

Around 7oz, loopwheeled. Claims the top spot of tees for me. Similar fit in the body to a 4601 but slightly longer and more fitted arms. Much much softer. Little to no shrinkage on first washing.

I don’t usually cuff my sleeves but seemed to work here so ran with it.

E5924816-038E-430A-BAB9-5F44B69E9D2A.jpeg

Edited by 81FXR

• 3 weeks later...

Really big fan of the old THC shirts. The fabric is comfortable and holds its shape very well, and overall they’re pretty bullet proof. That said, they don’t breathe great, and it would be nicer aesthetically if they used cotton stitching. Not sure how frequently they make these.

I’ve felt a couple of their newer models and haven’t been blown away by the knits, but I’d bet they’re still built like tanks.

Of the (admittedly limited) other options I’ve tried, I think the Sure Mfg. fabric is the most similar I’ve felt to the THC, if that’s at all useful as a point of reference.

Edited by julian-wolf

7 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Run less marathons like me and you’ll find boxy isn’t so bad :wink:

It's the length not the width! No matter how many miles I put in the middle aged spread marches on regardless! 

i love them. perfect proportion for my asian physique, length that just touches the top of my jeans' back pocket (a lot of western-sized tees are way too long for me), not too narrow in the body, and thin but not bicep-hugging sleeves. perfect all around except for my big head. the neck is indeed very narrow, so much so that the neck band in one of them eventually rips out of the fabric in its entirety (the neck band itself is practically indestructible) pretty sure from having had to be stretched to fit my head too many times. that said, this happened only after more than 10 years of pretty much constant wear so i'm not mad. also, all my t-shirts (i have several) have slightly different measurements (the one where the neck band detached has the narrowest neck ever), the fabrics feel a bit different according to the year i bought them (it got softer through the years? my oldest one from circa 2011 is still so stiff after a wash), and they also use different materials for the graphics (i have some special artist collab editions that use water-based paint (?), and the graphics on those rub out quicker than the graphics on the normal tees, which don't even crack). the new plain turquoise ones on self edge look good!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just had my loopwheel cherry popped with some Tezomeya tees earlier. The fit is great and so is the quality, no complaints there. But the length on the sleeves is too long. Can a tailor shorten it as well as the length of the body and not affect the structural integrity of the shirt?

I can't get into it now, but TFH THC tees are by far the best I've found, for my tastes, as far as fabric, fit, details, construction, and longevity. 

I recently tried a Merz 215 in XXL / 8 and was very disappointed. 

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

I can't get into it now, but TFH THC tees are by far the best I've found, for my tastes, as far as fabric, fit, details, construction, and longevity. 

I recently tried a Merz 215 in XXL / 8 and was very disappointed. 

I've had this discussion with a few people over the last year and it seems like people who are huge fans of the THC shirts dont end up liking the Merz 2-thread tshirts which I think makes sense bc they're quite opposite from each other. The THC fabric is on the stiffer side, barely any stretch to them, and the construction esp at the neck is over engineered and on the tighter side whereas the Merz 2 thread fabric is lighter feeling and def  stretchier and the neck is wider.

I almost exclusively wore THC tshirts for a long time but now I find that while I do appreciate them and wear them still, I dont really gravitate towards them as much these days. I wear my warehouse and merz tshirts way more. I actually didnt like the merz at first when I bought it in 2015/2016 because but then tried it again when they reworked the pattern and fabric to have more predictable shrink and now they're amount my favorite tshirts because they're way more comfortable to me. THC tshirts just feels like wearing super heavy raw jeans...it's really impressive but when it comes down to it, I grab the comfier stuff more....maybe that means soon I'll be wearing only athleisure and yoga pants. 

• 5 weeks later...

Picked up these tees from Signal Garments via a proxy, Full Back is a seemingly very new brand.
Instagram link and Signal Garments link for additional information, seems as if this was a brand that was around in the 1940s although I haven't seen any vintage examples.
I'm really pleased with the fabric on these, it's very fluffy and the fit is really nice. I'll be looking out for more colors and future releases.
I'll get some fit pics soon, still haven't figured out a good place for them in the new place.

Translated text from Signal Garments:
"FULL BACK", an athletic wear brand that existed in the United States around the 1940s.
Although the original is a minor brand, its construction is similar to the athletic wear that was famous in the United States in the 1940s. I wanted more people to know about the wonderful construction and texture of the fabric, which led to the production. This brand, which was made in the good old days, has been inspected one by one and has become vintage items. It is a product that revives the technology forgotten in the past while imagining the wisdom and production background unique to that time.

TKJfTmZ.jpg
m5IbABB.jpg
xvlELTY.jpg
KbEImRz.jpg
aNkOfiq.jpg
TjfhQoq.jpg
fPexJOU.jpg