Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

On 03/10/2018 at 2:42 AM, JDelage said:

What is your favorite indigo-dyed t-shirt everyone?

A quick picture...Stevenson, Fullcount, Samurai, Warehouse and PBJ on top.

76BB4B2E-61EE-4248-9BA6-7529D6D4F9F9.jpeg

On 03/10/2018 at 12:42 AM, JDelage said:

What is your favorite indigo-dyed t-shirt everyone?

I’ve had a PBJ one for a few years, which is probably my favourite, it has a greencast shade. I have 2 Leftfields - one short-sleeve and one long, which are much bluer than the PBJ. Out of those I prefer the long-sleeve, which seems to have a slightly slimmer fit, although both are the same size. I also recently bought an interesting-looking PBJ kasuri t-shirt  but haven’t worn it yet and probably won’t do now until next summer.

to clarify - we are talking yarn-dyed indigo tees here - I also have a garment-dyed tee or two from brands like SDA, etc...

the PBJ's have been around for a while and should be well established - the pattern is a bit more specific and maybe not up to everybody's liking.
the Stevenson is excellent in weight, cut and fit.
my FC's are more in the lightweight category, but IIRC they've done heavier indigo yarn-dyed ones in the past...
The Samurai is more like a lightweight sweat shirt.
Warehouse is my go-to for mid-weight, heavier tees - great knit fabric and cuts (set-in sleeves and raglan, with or w/o pocket) - you can see the colour of the worn one on the right, the new one is underneath.

so, Warehouse & Stevenson are my preferred choices at the moment in regards to specialty tees from my little selection.

obviously, this is all very subjective and the main issue being specific fits and measurements of each brand working for your body type and comfort or not!

Edited by Foxy2

@Foxy2 - great pile of shirts, and great descriptions. 

Personally I like raglan sleeve tees a lot. Since there's no traditional shoulder seam, I think they fit a wide range of body types well. The shape is very flattering in general. I get most people like a regular tee though. But I'm into the baseball raglan tee w/ contrasting color 3/4 sleeves. 

2 hours ago, mpukas said:

How much do TSG loopwheeled tees shrink? 

They've been rinsed, so shrinkage is fairly minimal if cold washed and line dried.  If you end up warm washing them or drying them you'll get about half a size of shrinkage.

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2013 at 6:46 AM, Spawnzer said:

I placed my order with Jon not even a week ago and the wait is already killing me, went with http://www.tezomeya.com/item/gradation_t.html#gr03'>the gradation tee in indigo & http://www.tezomeya.com/item/nocolor_t.html'> the plain tee.

Anyone here has any experience with Entry SG? I've been looking at http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/analog/item/t-301/'> their "Gelato" tee in nuts brown & http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/analog/item/t-161cb-smoky-blue/'> their "Excellent weave" tee in smoke blue, black and grey

They wont ship till the 27th tho, bummer

Sorry I'm replying to an older post but these Loopwheeled tees look very interesting as they have an "undyed" version too.

Any tips on shrinkage in them, should I upsize?

• 2 months later...

Bound to be someone on here who knows about vintage band tees ??

bought this ( what I think is a ) vintage 1981/2 Diary of a Madman baseball tee for a what I thought was a decent price from a local vintage shop . I’m not super clued into band tees , used to collect them years ago but was never super knowledgeable 

EA3BBC3C-CBCD-4273-B6B4-4FFDE81696A9_zps

its printed on a fantasy shirt and the tag reads that it is a product of Pakistan , from what I’ve read this seems normal ? Would have thought USA but ??

if anyone has any info I’d appreciate it 

At that time, that's all I wore for several years. What I red-neck rebel was I... all since long gone. I really don't know, and your research has prolly lead to much more informed opinions, but I'd be suspicious of Made in Pakistan from that era... 

I thought that to but from the little info I can find it seems to be correct ? It wouldn’t break my heart or anything if it turned out to be fake as I just bought it to wear in Tokyo / Hong Kong for our summer holiday because it is super lightweight ( definitely feels vintage/old ) . Realised last week that all I have is chambray shirts and sheat shirts in my wardrobe so I definitely need some t shirts for summer 

Edited by Flash

I would also look at the fabric colours and the print itself - if it is from 1981 it would use PVC-based ink for regular screen prints and it should have been washed a fair number of times.

you pic shows the black fabric to be never/hardly washed, the print to be fairly new and the white fabric to be brilliant white - for a +35 years old tee I would expect the print pink to be broken and brittle and the white fabric "yellowing" (if never used/washed) - if used/washed I would expect the black fabric to be washed-out a shade or two and the print to show some age...

@Foxy2 

my pics suck mate so the colour isn’t the pic isn’t a good representation to go on , the print is pvc and is really cracked and quite dry feeling ... as for the fabric itself it has definitely been washed a few times but it doesn’t seem to have had much of any wear , the label seems correct for the era according to the single bit of info I could find online but there isn’t a lot out there 

does it seem to be printed with multiple frames (for each colour) and does it have gaps with the fabric showing - or  - is it single solid patch like a even film/layer?

Definitely a screen print of average/poor quality.

the ink is not broken or cracked which I would expect from a printed tee that age.

must have done an amazing job to preserve the print that well and keep the white fabric from (phenolic) “yellowing”.

@Foxy2 thanks again mate for all the help 

@mlwdp thanks mate , seen this when I was originally looking for info and it reinforced the Pakistan production info I seen on another forum 

seems I done ok then , there was one I seen sell online for $200 and it wasn’t in as good condition as this one ... not bad for £45 but like I said it was just bought for my trip and then maybe I’ll list it on eBay ?? was never a big Ozzy or metal fan I just thought it looked cool , liked a few Sabath tunes but that’s about it 

Edited by Flash

• 2 months later...

Really interested in the Tezomeya tees but NFI about sizing. I'm 6'1" and fairly lean. Judging by the measurements I'm looking at the 185cm but don't want to be swimming in it either. Do they shrink? I'm a Medium in Uniqlo Supima cotton tees which fit perfectly. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Any shrinkage with Whitesville if cold machine washed and line dried? I owned some a while ago and a wash in 40 degrees resulted in significant shrinkage but hoping to get away with none on my new ones.

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Thanks dude.

You might have to wait till the rain stops and the sun comes out, it barely makes it above the horizon at this time of year... fingers crossed for a day in March

I would recommend sizing up on these, they're a sporty fit ie- broad at shoulder and snug at the waist.

I guess my sunny socal self cannot comprehend how much it rains in the UK :D

Do you mind telling me where you got these? You seem to imply there are more available.

We get more than our fair share of rain in Sheffield, the Pennines (Englands backbone) seperates us and Manchester so its often raining either here or there but more often than not... both.

Not at all.. an Etsy seller called 'LegitVintage' based in Ohio had a stock of these baseball/warm up tee's all in DS condition, some are noted as being shop soiled (yellowing fold marks) mine included but i washed them on a 30° and they look brand new, i was planning on soaking then in Vanish but it wasn't necessary.

Ive just checked and they still have plenty left although the sizes are dwindling.

Check the sizing Jake, it sounds odd but i'm pretty sure you would need an XL in these, the hem wrinkles up so don't worry about them being too long.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/legitvintage?campaign_label=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment_010170_414954400368_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1561901280&euid=eeN3AQvpTNC09SFb7-4YGlsGvptG&eaid=551052879738&x_eaid=de1e99cf7c&section_id=11890196&page=2#items

12 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

We get more than our fair share of rain in Sheffield, the Pennines (Englands backbone) seperates us and Manchester so its often raining either here or there but more often than not... both.

Not at all.. an Etsy seller called 'LegitVintage' based in Ohio had a stock of these baseball/warm up tee's all in DS condition, some are noted as being shop soiled (yellowing fold marks) mine included but i washed them on a 30° and they look brand new, i was planning on soaking then in Vanish but it wasn't necessary.

Ive just checked and they still have plenty left although the sizes are dwindling.

Check the sizing Jake, it sounds odd but i'm pretty sure you would need an XL in these, the hem wrinkles up so don't worry about them being too long.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/legitvintage?campaign_label=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=convo_notifications_boe_replyurl_treatment_010170_414954400368_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1561901280&euid=eeN3AQvpTNC09SFb7-4YGlsGvptG&eaid=551052879738&x_eaid=de1e99cf7c&section_id=11890196&page=2#items

Grabbed the last white/purple one that was available in XL. Big thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I've always wanted a baseball t like this and purple is my favorite color.

You weren't kidding about the sizing. It was perplexing. The large was absolutely tiny compared to the XL. I wish the mediums actually fit like mediums. I could have grabbed more.