Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

On 7/14/2018 at 9:32 PM, Sensuki said:

If it doesn't say loopwheeled then it probably isn't, and is instead likely using tubular knit sinker needle machines. That doesn't mean that it isn't a good t-shirt though. I have several t-shirts/henleys in non-loopwheeled wakayama fabric and it is still really good to amazing quality

I hear you. I have some good T-Shirts that aren't loop wheeled. I like my Lady White tubular tees. This Japan blue tee is just a regular tee with side seams. While that doesn't mean it isn't any good, I am after loop wheeled tees for once. We can almost say there is good denim out there that isn't selvedge. But that isn't of much interest around these parts. I just wish loop wheeled tees were available in bigger sizes.

1 hour ago, i_denim said:

I hear you. I have some good T-Shirts that aren't loop wheeled. I like my Lady White tubular tees. This Japan blue tee is just a regular tee with side seams. While that doesn't mean it isn't any good, I am after loop wheeled tees for once. We can almost say there is good denim out there that isn't selvedge. But that isn't of much interest around these parts. I just wish loop wheeled tees were available in bigger sizes.

I believe Strike Gold is one of the only companies making a really nice loopwheeled t-shirt in bigger sizes: http://www.selfedge.com/strike-gold?category_id=60

One thing to note is that the biggest size has side seams.

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

flat head's new loopwheeled t-shirts gets up to 47 in the chest now too in the size XXL. 

I know Glad Hand keeps pushing their pack t-shirts their blank tees etc as I own one as well, but every year it's the same design and they only changed their label design once.  Keep in mind, their tshirts are mind in China but use USA cotton.  Sometimes I wonder if the prices really match their offerings in these shirts.  I know that Blue in Green used to sell the brand.  I think they still have some in stock.

Edited by mlwdp

On 7/15/2018 at 9:46 AM, i_denim said:

I recently got the Flat Head in XXL and the rite stuff in XL as well as Merz B. Schwanen in XXL. I found these ones work for me. Also the IH 2017 model is 46-47" in the chest in XXL. All of these are all tubular. I also like the Whitesville pocket T but, I don't know if they are loopwheeled.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:53 PM, kiya said:

I believe Strike Gold is one of the only companies making a really nice loopwheeled t-shirt in bigger sizes: http://www.selfedge.com/strike-gold?category_id=60

One thing to note is that the biggest size has side seams.

Did you mean to post some other link as these tees are listed as 43" for XXL. That's not big at all.

1 hour ago, i_denim said:

Did you mean to post some other link as these tees are listed as 43" for XXL. That's not big at all.

When it comes to true loopwheeeled t-shirts a 43" chest is considering "pretty big".

Are the new Flat Head “the other thc” t-shirts considered true loopwheeled? I have one of the new ones on the way from self edge as well as several other thc tees from various years and I’m curious how the fabric has changed over time. It seems at one point they were loopwheeled and then they were not and now they are again? 

Edited by sgs

15 minutes ago, sgs said:

Are the new Flat Head “the other thc” t-shirts considered true loopwheeled? I have one of the new ones on the way from self edge as well as several other thc tees from various years and I’m curious how the fabric has changed over time. It seems at one point they were loopwheeled and then they were not and now they are again? 

Years ago there was some confusion as to whether or not that series was loopwheeled.  All retailers outside of Japan were told they were loopwheeled and they felt loopwheeled as they actually warped with wear and reacted to washing and wear like a loopwheeled t-shirt.  Then they were told "they're not loopwheeled".  But we never really got a real answer as if they were loopwheeled in the past, I swear I asked 10 times..  They replaced the entire THC line eventually with two other versions of blank tees, but now after retailers requesting the same fit as before and with the contrast stitching at the hems/collar they've reintroduced the THC line and have stated they're made on the same vintage loop wheeling machines in Wakayama as their other loopwheeled items.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought something old and something new.  Vintage HD tee and Glad Hand.  The company that produced this tee for Harley is out of business and making mechanical parts.

FullSizeRender (34).jpg

FullSizeRender (38).jpg

FullSizeRender (37).jpg

FullSizeRender (35).jpg

FullSizeRender (42).jpg

FullSizeRender (43).jpg

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

FullSizeRender (46).jpg

FullSizeRender (44).jpg

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

Edited by mlwdp

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, Broark said:

I’m going to give the PBJ indigo tee sometime soon. I like the faded examples I’ve seen. 

They look pretty good, sizing is so weird though, I haven't really seen a single one that would be a good fit for me - it's either way too small in the shoulder or way too big in the chest

11 hours ago, Andyss said:

Directly from trophy.

It looks like your striped tee shirt is based on Andy Warhol striped shirt he wore that the retailer for Trophy Denim, American-Wannabe (Dragon American) posted on their instagram.

IMG_2919.PNG

Edited by mlwdp

3 hours ago, mlwdp said:

It looks like your striped tee shirt is based on Robert Redford's striped shirt he wore that the retailer for Trophy Denim, American-Wannabe (Dragon American) posted on their instagram.

IMG_2919.PNG

I dunno man , im not really into vintages american style myself.

It just the build quality and uniqueness of the fabric that really pulling me in.

On 10/3/2018 at 2:42 AM, JDelage said:

What is your favorite indigo-dyed t-shirt everyone?

that would be Warehouse - FC also does one every other year if you like things to be less heavy...

Stevenson did a nice one recently, too.

10 hours ago, mlwdp said:

It looks like your striped tee shirt is based on Robert Redford's striped shirt he wore that the retailer for Trophy Denim, American-Wannabe (Dragon American) posted on their instagram.

IMG_2919.PNG

looks more like Andy Warhol - just saying...

I picked up one of the PBJ tees, went with a size 5 instead of the 4 since some of the measurements were conflicting.
If anything I can blast it in the washer and dryer. I'll get some photos up once it comes in.