Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

1 hour ago, kbuzz said:

Kiya have you hpever handled the Barnes loopwheeled ts?   I found the incredibly well made but they do not have a USA size xl.  So wondering if you know what would be comparable ....thanks

I have..the quality of the tee is fine, but I'm not into the fit.  The sleeves are abnormally wide/baggy for such a slim fitting t-shirt.  

If you're looking for a great quality tee that goes up to larger sizes check out the Strike Gold tees, they're now made up to XXL (with side seam only on the larger sizes).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 7:20 AM, Andyss said:

Bump :D

Anyone have sda suvin gold loopwheel tee? I just order 1 from denimio. Very pricey , i hope its worth.

Let us know how it turns out :)

I have a Japan Blue loop wheeled tee in the mail right now and a few Lady White tees as well. The LW are not loop wheeled though they don't have any side seams.

Edited by i_denim

loop wheeled tees have no side seams. Lady whites tee are tubular knitted hence no side seams

Not all tubular knitted tees are loopwheeled.

Edited by Niro

On 5/31/2018 at 4:50 AM, Andyss said:

Anyone have sda suvin gold loopwheel tee? I just order 1 from denimio. Very pricey , i hope its worth.

got one from their first run and another one from the current run coming - the first run was very heavy but amazing fabric.

3 hours ago, i_denim said:

I have a Japan Blue loop wheeled tee in the mail right now and a few Lady White tees as well. The LW are not loop wheeled though they don't have any side seams.

LW = LoopWheeler? Would be surprising as LW works exclusively with loopwheel factories...

2 hours ago, Niro said:

loop wheeled tees have no side seams. Lady whites tee are tubular knitted hence no side seams

Not all tubular knitted tees are loopwheeled.

most loopwheeled tees have no side seam, but it's always an option to cut the tubes open and produce garments from the "open" fabric with side seams.
actually, this is standard procedure for bigger size tees when the chest measurement exceeds the biggest available tube/cylinder head diameter.

Edited by Foxy2

16 hours ago, i_denim said:

13 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

got one from their first run and another one from the current run coming - the first run was very heavy but amazing fabric

Got an email the day after and they said it was all sold out unfortunately.

I shouldve bought it when its release :(

In the end , my entrysg tees still coming and should be here today or monday. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:50 PM, Andyss said:

I have one. It's pretty darn nice. I love the color personally. The cotton used adds some much needed warmth to the grey tone. It's soft and certainly the most luxurious t shirt I own, but the benefit of the cotton used is not as noticeable as it is with the sweatshirt, which is the most comfortable item of clothing I own.

I've got the entry SG henley, really nice soft material. The fits quite slim but conforms to your torso after a few wears. 

Edited by S21

10 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I have one. It's pretty darn nice. I love the color personally. The cotton used adds some much needed warmth to the grey tone. It's soft and certainly the most luxurious t shirt I own, but the benefit of the cotton used is not as noticeable as it is with the sweatshirt, which is the most comfortable item of clothing I own.

Was it worth the price? I have 1 samurai loopwheel tee for 85$ and in my opinion its not any better than entrysg.

9 hours ago, Geeman said:

@Andyss let us know how the entry sg are, I've been looking at a couple.

Fyi i already have 2 entrysg tees i bought 6 months ago.

For me its very good, high quality tee. They fit pretty nice on me (5'5 70kgs size L) but the collar is really tight , have to stretch it a bit everytime i wear it but its shrink back after wash. Surprisingly after countless washes i have yet found any hole or discoloration (i used it a day everyweek so have to wash everyweek too) meanwhile my barns and samurai got a hole after several washes.

3 hours ago, Andyss said:

Was it worth the price? I have 1 samurai loopwheel tee for 85$ and in my opinion its not any better than entrysg.

For me its very good, high quality tee. They fit pretty nice on me (5'5 70kgs size L) but the collar is really tight , have to stretch it a bit everytime i wear it but its shrink back after wash. Surprisingly after countless washes i have yet found any hole or discoloration (i used it a day everyweek so have to wash everyweek too) meanwhile my barns and samurai got a hole after several washes.

I would say so comparing it to the regular loopwheel SDA t shirt.  The Suvin Gold is very  smooth and has a very soft hand compared to the slubbiness  of the fabric they use for their loopwheeled border t shirt.  Both are closer to sweatshirt thickness than t shirt in my opinion.  They are both much better quality than the kamikaze attack loopwheeled t I had. Also bit thicker than the Merz henley I just got.

14 hours ago, Andyss said:

It really depends on what you think. I would say it was worth it for me to own one of them because of the color and the softness, but I probably would not buy multiples. The only really expensive T shirt I think is worth owning multiple of is the Stevenson Overall one.

I copped an Entry SG tee as a random add-on purchase on Denimio a few months back, loved it so much that I copped 4 more tees. Fabric is feels great & substantial and isn't too heavy or unpractical for daily wear. I actually prefer the tighter neckhole as they work much better layered underneath other pieces - you don't end up with that sloppy loose collar look you'd typically end up getting when you wear some jackets over your average tee. 

Edited by super

@julian-wolf I don’t have experience with the 206 henley but I recently bought the 215 tee and sized up.

I usually wear a M/L and an XL was the perfect fit for me. On Merz’s official site, upon checkout, they recommend the same.

Please note that our sizes are slightly smaller. If in doubt, buy one size larger or order 2 sizes.”

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

How's the sizing on Merz B. Schwanen shirts, specifically the 206 henleys? I seem to wear a large in most Western brands and an XL in most Eastern brands.

We have almost every silhouette they make and we've put up updated size charts for every item:
http://www.selfedge.com/merz-b-schwanen

I believe the only variation would be with the type of fabric the t-shirts are made as the 1-thead and 2-thread tees fit a bit differently.

I've been wearing almost exclusively their 50's cut as my regular, daily tee over the past couple of years. I prefer it over the 60's (army tee) due to neck line - only concerns would be that it could be 1 or 2 cm longer in the body and that the lighter fabric makes it more delicate. my cat loves to rip holes, but he's feisty...

their 215 cut comes in 2-ply fabric vs. the 1-ply used for the 50's and 60's tees - so far, I perceived it as slightly too heavy to be worn in summer or under a shirt.

Edited by Foxy2

I've got the 347 sweat t shirt. Really really comfortable, quite an athletic fit and they do shrink slightly in the wash. What sort of neck line does the 215 have?

Edited by S21

• 3 weeks later...

Just realized i never wear my two tezo loopewheeled tees, in XL,  So if anyone wants to make a deal, feel free to pm me. Im in NYC .  Info is below. Thanks

Un-dyed Loop Wheel Organic Cotton T-shirt Short slv (Size:185cm 250g) 
[ OT-FUJ ] Plain Color Organic T-shirts Fujinezu-iro Short slv (Size:185cm 250g

On 7/13/2018 at 1:53 AM, i_denim said:

If it doesn't say loopwheeled then it probably isn't, and is instead likely using tubular knit sinker needle machines. That doesn't mean that it isn't a good t-shirt though. I have several t-shirts/henleys in non-loopwheeled wakayama fabric and it is still really good to amazing quality