Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

I purchased 2 aarch.co t-shirts which became available at Calder Sartoria in Melbourne, and will go up on aarch.co website soon. $80 aud each - these will be a steal for those who have a strong currency (usd, euro, sek, gbp etc)

The shirts are made by Dubbleworks in Japan, and the sizing is very similar to the Warehouse 4601 tee, maybe a touch shorter.

The fabric in the actual run of t-shirts is very uniform and 'normal' compared to the blue sample. It's less slubby than the Warehouse fabric. The construction is exactly the same apart from the collar. Warehouse has a thick row of ribbing sewn on the outside. aarch.co has regular ribbing sewn on the inside with soft seam tape at the back of the inner collar. The tshirt fabric doesn't have heaps of texture but it is very soft. The fabric weight is on the medium-lightweight side - less thick than Warehouse and less dense than Tezomeya but not as thin as some of the Loop&Weft t-shirts that I have. It's definitely one of the softest loopwheel/tubular knit tshirts from Japan that I have tried. 

I wore mine last night to a music event and the t-shirt was very comfortable and very breathable.

I purchased a heather gray and a white t-shirt. The green color is different, but it doesn't really go with a lot of my clothing. 

Aaron (the owner of the aarch.co brand) took some photos of me wearing my t-shirt, but it was raining in Melbourne last night and it was very difficult to get sufficient lighting. If there are any good photos he said he would send them, but I think he wants to re-take them next week.

Sure man. My grey tshirt is in the wash, if it dries tomorrow and I remember I will take a photo.

The fabric for the heather grey is the same fabric that Full Count used last year for their henley

I have two of those henleys in grey and two in indigo (not featured in picture). Good fabric and mine are all over a year old and are holding up strong.

The camera wasn't on the macro setting but here's a slightly better shot of the fabric.

It's actually not quite the same as that Fullcount Henley, it's softer and slightly lighter but it has the same texture and yarn appearance. It would be the second lightest loopwheel & wakayama tubular knit fabric I've encountered behind the Loop&Weft Supima.

20171210_1454101.jpg

The fabric on those looks ok but the ribbing and the way the collar is sewn on looks quite bad to me.  If they paid closer attention to the trim and stitching I'd be all over these.

• 2 weeks later...

D9ecSgk.jpg

Grey and green aarch shirts

On 12/12/2017 at 6:07 PM, kiya said:

The fabric on those looks ok but the ribbing and the way the collar is sewn on looks quite bad to me.  If they paid closer attention to the trim and stitching I'd be all over these.

I forwarded this on to aaron, he said that if he wants to customize the design or fit of the dubbleworks shirts, the minimum order quantity goes up significantly. He's doing mother of pearl buttons for the longsleeve henleys instead of regular urea ones though.

Edited by Sensuki

So who is top of the game now on blank tees vintage cut??

I love the MF Skivvy tees but $75 a piece is a bit more than I'd like to spend. Any better options with similar measurements?

• 1 month later...

After being super impressed with both of my Loop & Weft tees that I bought last year I insta-kopped the two new henleys that just went up on Okayama Denim

https://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/new-restocks/products/loop-weft-lrh1020-egyptian-cotton-swedish-military-knit-s-s-henley-deep-ivory

https://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/new-restocks/products/loop-weft-lrh1018-double-breasted-s-s-henley-oatmeal

Picked up the Egyptian cotton one in Ivory, L and the San Joaquin cotton one in XL

On 5/12/2016 at 6:18 AM, Iron Horse said:

IMG_9349.jpg

Can anyone help me decide which size to get for the Whitesville tee 2 pack? https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clever-id.com%2Fhtm%2Fwhitesville%2Fsst%2F14%2Fwv73544.html

I'm 5 ft 6 (167 cm) and 135 pounds (61 kg). I measured shirts I like and it seems like I should go for a medium to account for shrinkage. But what throws me off are all the Rakuten models wearing M. They're all much taller and heavier than I am. For example: 

wv73544reg.jpg.5c98a751f7f4ae87d2537608e5f41cec.jpg 

How is this guy that much bigger than I am yet he's still wearing a medium (with the shirt looking somewhat loose)?! Granted he's wearing a non-wash shirt but still. Iron Horse hit my ideal t-shirt fit right on the nail-- nice and snug.

Anyone with shrinking horror stories want to persuade me to get a medium? Or should I take that moon shot at the perfect fit and go small?

Self Edge sells Whitesville, give Kiya shout if you're concerned about fit.

I'm your height and own whitesville as well. 

As Japanese bodies are different than Western bodies regarding clothing, I usually use the rule of thumb to go 1-2 size larger than the model wearing the clothes for tops unless I'm familiar with the brand. 

I'm not familiar with that store (EVERYDAY LIFE MARKET CLEVER, per the lovely Google Translate), but it's intriguing to see that they sell 2-packs of Whitesville T's with mixed colors; I haven't seen this elsewhere. Any idea whether they ship internationally (and, if so, how horrible I might expect the fees to be)?

37 minutes ago, LQW said:

Can anyone help me decide which size to get for the Whitesville tee 2 pack? https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clever-id.com%2Fhtm%2Fwhitesville%2Fsst%2F14%2Fwv73544.html

I'm 5 ft 6 (167 cm) and 135 pounds (61 kg). I measured shirts I like and it seems like I should go for a medium to account for shrinkage. But what throws me off are all the Rakuten models wearing M. They're all much taller and heavier than I am. For example: 

wv73544reg.jpg.5c98a751f7f4ae87d2537608e5f41cec.jpg 

How is this guy that much bigger than I am yet he's still wearing a medium (with the shirt looking somewhat loose)?! Granted he's wearing a non-wash shirt but still. Iron Horse hit my ideal t-shirt fit right on the nail-- nice and snug.

Anyone with shrinking horror stories want to persuade me to get a medium? Or should I take that moon shot at the perfect fit and go small?

I'm 5'11", 151 pounds (basically the same as the guy in the Rakuten photo) and the Medium was fairly snug on me. I think you should take S to get a snug fit.

23 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

@mlwdp, yeah, but do any of those stores offer mixed colors? The link above seemed to offer 2-packs in every combination of the usual colors, which I don't think I've seen anywhere else.

I see what you mean now.  Clever webshop has a regular English Rakuten site to order and ships to USA/EMS.  You posted almost exactly the same thing I posted about regarding differences between webshop Rakuten.ne. JP and regular Rakuten JP in the Small Questions thread.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cleverwebshop/item/whitesville-wv73544/

• 3 weeks later...

Whitesville tees came in yesterday. Sized up to medium and glad I did! I think the small would have been much too short. I'm 5'5'' and 140 lbs, would say I have a short but athletic build. 
Measurements for those interested:
Pre-soak

Shoulder 17 
Chest 19.5
Length 27 
Sleeve 7.8

After cold wash and tumble dry

Shoulder 16
Chest 19
Sleeve 7
Length 23

fcl2Ok0.jpg

Fo2BlJw.jpg

I have broad chest/shoulders which makes the shirt drape loosely around the rest of my body since the shape is cut short and boxy.

• 3 weeks later...