Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

I definitely like reigning champ, solid construction and there hoodies are a good size imo, thinking of getting another to go with my two I have now. Not sure if their t-shirts are loopwheel though. 

i have a hoody and sweatpant and I really like them as well.  

How do some of yall wash off white/natural white tee shirts? I've had a string of bad luck in the past with this color due to errors in washing such as blotchy discoloring after a wash. Been scared of buying Lady White or SG white tee shirts because of this.

Edited by mlwdp

I wash whites with whites and hang dry. Discolouration in white garments often come from drying to quick, ie near a heat source or too hot a wash.

Wash with like colours and hang dry naturally.

Edited by Geeman

Just got my RC shirts in and they fit pretty great. Definitely pleased. But Broak you weren't kidding, they're a bit on the long side haha. While I don't mind this, they are pretty tight at the hip but if they shrink a little they'd be perfect. Anyone know how much they shrink? I can afford a bit of shrinkage everywhere but a little slim so don't want too much (I always wash and dry on cold/delciate). Sorry to keep asking about RC (not sure if they're allowed or not) but figured this the best place to talk about t-shirts in general.

What's your opinion of the buck Mason's?

Very tough in durability, gets the job done as far as a made in USA shirt is concerned. Slubby. No shrinkage in dryer and construction is ok but could be better be better. A little bit on the long side in length, probably around maybe 73-74cm but don't take my word on that because I'm on the short side of 5'6! A 5'11 or taller person wouldn't be able to tell if they're long . The only thing I don't like is that some shirts have shoulder nipples that come out easy with dryer or fabric releaser. It's due to shirts hanging in the physical store.

• 1 month later...

my barns outfitters LC tee that I bought size too big and I thought it was wasted, has become a nice soft tee to wear under sweaters :)

The Barnes is my favorite of all the tees I've sampled this year. Including Tezo

Just wish their XL was sized larger or they made a XXL.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my First Lady White shirt from Self Edge today and I'm surprised that it's not as fitted as I thought it would be. Actually, it's kind of wide, even wider than my Buck Mason shirts. I'm not complaining but I did think they were going to be slimmer like what I'm accustomed to.

Just got my First Lady White shirt from Self Edge today and I'm surprised that it's not as fitted as I thought it would be. Actually, it's kind of wide, even wider than my Buck Mason shirts. I'm not complaining but I did think they were going to be slimmer like what I'm accustomed to.

What model did you get?

The only one that's wide is the Oarsman.

I bought the Oarsman. The quality is awesome but next time I will go for the pocket tee but probably not in white though.

Yes, the oarsman has a completely different fit/fabric/details from all the other t-shirts they make.

• 4 weeks later...

Tezomeya had a trunk show in San Francisco in Tuesday and Wednesday so I decided to swing by.  Ended up getting another t-shirt (ebizome-iro) and a long sleeve henley (Miru-iro).  Got my wife a Toki-iro scarf/muffler.  Met Jonathan and chatted with Masaaki Aoki who was a really nice guy.  Love what Tezomeya is doing and some of the non shirt stuff like the mountain parka is really cool.  Knowing myself, I will eventually end up with one of each color...

5BB785CF-48AF-472C-923C-6AD8EDD6F7FA_zps

Edited by garden gnomes in space

great haul gnomes. ebizome-iro and poetic yellow are definitely my next tezo colours. already have the fuji grey, mourning grey, toki-iro for the wife tho maybe that should've been mine!, and a kenbou-kuro (black with no kakishibu base). love all of em. they're the only thing i handwash with fancy non-chemical detergent btw, since machine wash with normal detergent did fade the kenbou-kuro pretty fast and rip holes in it after a while (patched em with denim, will post pics sometime).

• 7 months later...

I recently ordered a Tezomeya undyed loopwheeled organic cotton t-shirt after reading through this thread. Shipping was 2000 yen shipped to Australia which is pretty reasonable, and the price of the t-shirt ended up being similar to what I would pay for a t-shirt at Corlection with VIP discount. Shipping time was 5 days from Japan, including a weekend.

I already own loopwheeled t-shits from Stevenson Overall Co, Warehouse, Strike Gold and Jelado and also non-loopwheeled garments from Full Count and Freewheelers.

The Tezomeya is sewn inside-out in comparison to the others, which is what gives the 'unique' texture. Knitted fabrics don't have a weft & warp like woven does but it would be the equivalent of something like 'reverse sateen'. I suppose you could call it reverse jersey or something?

I ordered a 175cm because the listed measurements on the website seemed like that would be the best fit for me. I am 175cm, ~155lbs and I wear a 38 or 40 in most other t-shirts and a 42 in the indigo full count henley.

The fabric is really cool, definitely not quite like anything else I have, the closest being the Stevenson unbleached/undyed natural henley I got earlier this year, but still different again. The tezomeya has much more 'colour' to it, and gives off a peach like hue rather than a natural/off-white that has a bit of a yellow tinge. The fabric is the softest of all the loopwheeled t-shirts I have and probably the second softest t-shirt I have, with the softest being a loose knitted linen t-shirt that I mostly wear to bed.

The construction of the garment is okay, it's not as good/strong as any of the aforementioned brands.

The fit through the shoulders and the body is good, however the sleeve has zero taper to it and looks very weird/boxy in comparison to all the other Japanese t-shirts/henleys I have. I think a slight taper would look a lot better.

I'll see how it goes after a few wears and hand washes. I would definitely consider ordering from Tezomeya again.

May post some pictures of it in the future. 

Edited by Sensuki