Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

The necks are definitely small but they'll stretch out if you want them to, they even stretch out if you just put a hanger through them... it's just that they won't ever lose their shape, they'll always be flat.

They'll pretty much snap back every wash though.

Picked up my first loop wheeled t-shirt the other day and am loving the weight feel of them. I picked one of these by SDA in XL, was wondering if anyone had recommendations for what to pick up next. I guess would like something a little longer and slightly bigger in the chest and hoping I could get you guys to point me in the right direction. thanks  

Cross post from the Ooe Yofukuten thread as this is applicable to this thread too!

Just wanted to give the guys at Standard & Strange a shout out for hooking me up with one of the new tees from M&O Mfg. Co., the new brand from Ryo and Hiro in collaboration with Mr. Matsuoka Sewing Machine!

Also the shipping was crazy fast, sent mrsmiff the money on Wednesday and it already got here today.

FyXF9b8.jpg
This is a size 44, the fabric is a really nice oatmeal color with some slight irregularity and nep to it. 

The fit is very similar to a Mr. Freedom skivvy tee, high and tight sleeves with a wider neck.

I like how small and minimal the rayon label (assuming it's rayon) is. The fabric is also very lightweight, prefect for the summer.

63Qh3Pz.jpg

Nice branded sticker attached to the shirt.

GXnF8Tx.jpg

The attention to detail in the sewing is what you would expect from a pair of jeans from Ooe Yofukuten.

Shoulder and sleeve stitching:

CoyFDvu.jpg

Really interesting looking stitch along the side seams, this is the inside of the shirt:

3rKLfiN.jpg

Neck opening:

xrbOGYS.jpg

This photo is the true color of the fabric:

JWbg7np.jpg

Never thought I could write this much about a blank white tee, but leave it to Ryo, Hiro and Mr. Matusoka to include so many nice details! I look forward to what the brand has in store.

I like the fit, the shoulders/sleeves and chest were definitely on the smaller side though. Took a little stretching but now I think it fits nicely. I'll try and take some photos of it on at some point.

So I think Lady White Co. really stepped up the quality of their jersey fabric. I just got a two pack of the olive greeen tees and one of the Clark pocket tees in the camel colorway and they feel completely different than my older ones.

So in the help a newbie department :

Bought a Barnes XL and love the feel of the Loopwheeled fabric. Unfortunately it's too tight across the shoulders and chest. Length and sleeve are ok. Can anyone recommend something of that quality but runs a little bigger? I would buy a Marz but I like a thicker neck band....any suggestions welcome

Spellbound?

Edited by kbuzz

So in the help a newbie department :

Bought a Barnes XL and love the feel of the Loopwheeled fabric. Unfortunately it's too tight across the shoulders and chest. Length and sleeve are ok. Can anyone recommend something of that quality but runs a little bigger? I would buy a Marz but I like a thicker neck band....any suggestions welcome

Spellbound?

Dubbleworks. I can't fit in a Barns XL but Dubbleworks fits perfect in XL, almost too big. Edited by mlwdp

So I think Lady White Co. really stepped up the quality of their jersey fabric. I just got a two pack of the olive greeen tees and one of the Clark pocket tees in the camel colorway and they feel completely different than my older ones.

What size did you end up getting? I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on some of their shirts but man, the shoulders are massive and almost seem disproportionate to the rest of the shirt. 

What size did you end up getting? I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on some of their shirts but man, the shoulders are massive and almost seem disproportionate to the rest of the shirt. 

I have some in L and some in XL, the recent purchases were XL and they fit pretty well.

I've found some misleading measurements online, the Independence Chicago (where I bought these recently) measurements seem accurate.

I have some in L and some in XL, the recent purchases were XL and they fit pretty well.

I've found some misleading measurements online, the Independence Chicago (where I bought these recently) measurements seem accurate.

Just checked their measurements and they seem a bit better, so that's good! How's the shrink on them if washed and dried?

I was also interested in the regular 3sixteen heavyweight shirts. Do you have any? If so, how do they compare fit wise to the Lady White shirts?

I haven't washed the new ones but I've washed and dried a couple of my older ones and haven't noticed significant shrinkage.

For me the recently bought ones fit really well, maybe some of the best fitting tees I've found to date.

Yeah, the Lady White tees are fantastic. I thought I'd found a perfect white tee with the pre-2014 Stevenson tees, but the fit and fabric on the Clark tee I got a few months ago has totally blown it out of the water.

Damn, I was about to get a LWC Clark tee in S, but if measurements at Independence Chicago are the most accurate, getting an M and hoping for a bit of shrinkage pit to pit seems like a better move. It says no shrinkage when washing cold - to me cold means 30°C. am I right?

I tried on both when I went to Self Edge Portland a couple of months back—the M was quite roomy all around, while the S fit well through the body and was just a touch wide in the shoulders. (For reference, I am 176cm and 65kg.) The small-sized tee I bought has been through four, maybe five washes since I've bought it, mostly hung-dry but a couple of machine washes/dries in there too (from spilling coffee at work, hahah!). The fit has gotten better over time, actually, having widened a bit in the chest and shrunk a similar amount in the shoulders. I wouldn't expect it to shrink as much as Tezomeya, Stevenson, or 3Sixteen, and in the occasion it does (like after going through the dryer) I've found it will stretch back out pretty quickly.

Alright, that's enough talking about a white t-shirt :rolleyes:

One caveat is I'm not sure whether I have the Clark in the old or new fabric, depending on when the new began to be sold in stores. Perhaps Independence or Self Edge still has some of both in stock!

Edited by chicote

They run small....wish they made a double XL

I bought one earlier, as it was cheapish, but I oversized...got a L when i should have got an M...Need to get round to trying to sell it

Picked up my first loop wheeled t-shirt the other day and am loving the weight feel of them. I picked one of these by SDA in XL, was wondering if anyone had recommendations for what to pick up next. I guess would like something a little longer and slightly bigger in the chest and hoping I could get you guys to point me in the right direction. thanks

Yeah, SDA is really small. I wager an XL for them is really a 42-44 not a 44-46 like other brands.

Any brand that has a shoulder length less than 19 or 18in I personally stay away from. Shoulder length 45cm and above is usually perfect in a XL shirt, IMO. Shoot for 45cm or more in shoulder lengths and 54cm or more in chest length. Side seams make a difference as well.

Edited by mlwdp

Yeah, SDA is really small. I wager an XL for them is really a 42-44 not a 44-46 like other brands.

Any brand that has a shoulder length less than 19 or 18in I personally stay away from. Shoulder length 45cm and above is usually perfect in a XL shirt, IMO. Shoot for 45cm or more in shoulder lengths and 54cm or more in chest length. Side seams make a difference as well.

I learned this the hard way. Lol. Anyone want a NWT Barnes white XL let me know

But more seriously is there a sticky or prior post with some links the plain XL loopwheel tees. I've tried search rakuten but can't fine that elusive combo

Finally are,the lady white ts tube or loop wheels