Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

I got them second hand from Mpukas and he told me his shrank from L to M after washing and drying, which is perfect for me.

ah great thanks, that should be good for me too

I'm 6'1 and don't find 3sixteen boxy, like I said. Not sure what the Problem is here, I found them to be the less vintage fitting of all brands I tried. I know there are better garments out there and own a few of them, but bashing 3sixteen makes no sense at all looking at my personal experience with them.

There is no problem. B) Im not bashing them.  I just found them to be underwhelming in both fit and fabric.    Personal observation that I am at liberty of having and sharing.   If I had my way, they would be about 2-3 inches longer in length.  Im pleased that you like them and will gladly make you an offer you cant refuse on the pair I have should you be interested.  Off the top of my head I cannot recall the size but I think they are a large?  I will double check this evening

Just felt like registering similar buyer's remorse on the 3sixteen tees: I bought a pair of the first lot of indigo pocket tees (in XL) and they never fit well or really matched the size charts. I've kept one unworn after an initial wash, even with the advertised shrinkage it doesn't correspond to the specs very well at all. With shrinkage, the chest and shoulders measure a full inch over the size chart, while the length shrank the 2" as indicated. So, I've got a shirt with a 22.5" chest and only 27" length (i.e., very boxy). I find them especially uncomfortable in the armpits, where way too many seams and fabric converge:

IMG_0860.JPG

Gnomes when about did you purchase them? I think recent runs have had the fit dialed in and coincidentally 2-3" has been added to length, to the dismay of some. Or so I've come to understand. Might explain milehighevertonian's issues, as it seems his were first run. I have some of the first run too, though I haven't worn them in a year or two.

Speaking of nice indigo tees, I recently copped this:

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/fullcount/products/fullcount-5926-indigo-dyed-pocket-tee

don't think it's loopwheeled, but it is so freaking soft. Probably zim cotton. Fit is one of the best I've had too. Plenty of length.

Edit: BTW, I know others have had questionable experiences with okayamadenim, I got this tee and a pair of 1101's hemmed and to my door in two weeks flat, which isn't too bad. Their size charts were 100% on point as well. I've found that to be true for everything I've purchased from them.

Edited by SuperJackle

I'm not bashing 3/16. I just don't like their tee's I got. At all. Plus they have a poly tag with folded edges. Seriously? Theven first thing I did was cut them out because they scratched.

3sixteen T-Shirt Talk Alert.

They used to not be the best in fit and the neck tag was super annoying.  It was a shame because the fabric is so good, especially for a North American made t-shirt. That was the first two runs or so.. they changed the neck-tag completely and tweaked the fit all around, it's now one of my favorite t-shirts. Anybody saying the 3sixteen tees are boxy definitely has an old t-shirt from an early run, because if anything is boxy it's Flat Head, Real McCoy's heavyweight tees, etc..  I actually prefer 3sixteen's tees over any other t-shirt for daily wear.  If i need something lighter in weight i go for Lady White's tees because i love the pocket design on the Clark tees. 

On that note i believe Strike Gold and Flat Head make the most impressive tees, but maybe not the most versatile tees because of the slim fit coupled with the heavy fabric.  

Edited by kiya

^^ Kiya, I'm confused, are FH t-shirts slim or boxy? You're stating that they are both of these things in your post above.

They're a compact cut in every area.. slim arms, fairly slim body, and cut short.  I consider that boxy because of how short they are, not to mention the fit is different depending on the size.  The grading is what really makes them different between sizes. The 36, 38, and 40 are cut fairly short (and slim), the 42 and 44 are cut wide and short.  

ok, the 3Sixteen indigo T I have, size L measures:

Shoulder:  18.5"

Pit to pit: 22"

Back length:  24"

So basically a square.

The Costco brand white t's I wear daily and fit great measure:

Shoulder:  18.5

P2P: 20"

Length: 27"

Thats the ideal fit for me.  I can comfortably tuck in, or wear out.  

Thanks for the measurements! Will compare as soon as I can, but I'm pretty sure my black Tees, also size L, are way longer as I'm rather tall and couldn't get away with a length of just 24". Might be a different Lot or the Indigo models shrunk way more.

I must be in the minority on the 3Sixteen tees, I have a pair of the indigo ones from the first run and I actually like the short boxy fit. And I also actually like the woven labels, I think they look nicer than the newer ones but understand that people find them uncomfortable. I do agree with gnomes though, the indigo jersey fabric isn't most comfortable, and with subsequent washes they never really got softer...

I think a brand that makes really nice tees that no one has mentioned thus far is Mister Freedom. I have one Stanley and one Skivvy, the fit on them is pretty nice and they don't have any side seams. I plan on getting a few more of the Stanley tees, sized down one they fit spot on for me!

Also I find the two FH THC tees that I have are far too long and I'm a fairly tall guy. Next time I buy some more of them I need to size down.

Could anyone please tell me what the shrink has been like on studio d'artisan loopwheel tees?

I wash all my non-denim on a 40 degree cycle and hang dry inside.

My tezomeya Tetsukon-iro dyed t shirt. Been wearing this heavily for around a year now. It started out considerably darker than it is now. These t's are probably my favorite out of all the higher end stuff I have tried (ih, tfh, samurai etc...)

5amjwE1.jpg

I tried taking some photos of one of my indigo dyed 3Sixteen tees and it made me realize how little they've actually faded.

While the photos don't show it well, they've lightened up quite a bit overall. But I guess since I rotate between two of them they don't fade that much? I tend to wear one at least once a week probably and then it goes into the wash and hang dries.

Guess the hunt for the perfect indigo dyed tee goes on!

sbPZz7q.jpg

eUcFwIf.jpg

n8aNUvW.jpg

love your tezo pudas!

here are mine.

nibi-iro ("neutral grey", in reality maybe something like ash-green) in the "plain colour tee" version.

26840672343_58788e4cb0_c.jpg

haizakura-iro ("grey pink", in reality light pink) also as plain colour tee. both plain colour tees have a lot of texture, almost like horizontal slubs, even a "loom chatter" in the nibi-iro. it doesn't shrink or stretch, at least not that i can notice. i take the 170 cm in all my plain colour tees (i also have a black kenboukuro-iro).

27376400471_d1d51f1b0d_c.jpg

fujinezu-iro ("fuji grey", in reality darker grey than the nibi-iro, with a hint of green when new). this is the shoulder-patch tee version, which is cut slimmer and a bit longer than the plain colour tees. the fabric is smoother/has less texture, but softer with more "bounce" to it. after you wash it it may feel a bit small but it stretches a lot (then shrinks to the original dimension after each wash). i take a 175 cm in this.

26712683703_2e51d0479c_c.jpg

i've worn the plain colour tees for 2+ years, the shoulder patch tee 3+ years. i wash them in the washing machine with normal detergent after each wear. the shoulder patch tee has some almost wabash-like stains/accidental discharge printing on the chest (you can almost see them in this pic) from getting sprayed with lemon juice (the juice seems to take the colour off the tee). 

Edited by oomslokop