Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

jesus christ, if I cant throw my t-shirts in the washer and dryer and count on it coming out the same size I wont bother with it haha.  You guys are getting meta on this t-shirt wash game.  I absolutely love the fit of an old loopwheeled IH t-shirt but the damn thing is way too thick.  The Strike Gold I have is good too, but I sized up one so I didnt have to baby the fucker when it came to washing.  It gets thrown in the washer dryer alongside the socks and boxers;  Biggest pet peeve as of late is the "vintage" boxy cut some t-shirts have.  Im not a lego or minecraft character haha

I wear my t-shirts so often and because where i'm living they get dirty/sweaty after one wear that i've learned to just buy a size up because at the end of the day i want to be able to wash and dry them like a bath towel.  I can't stand babying clothing, let alone babying a blank white t-shirt. 

I wear my t-shirts so often and because where i'm living they get dirty/sweaty after one wear that i've learned to just buy a size up because at the end of the day i want to be able to wash and dry them like a bath towel.  I can't stand babying clothing, let alone babying a blank white t-shirt. 

I'm quite the same way; there goes no day where Im not wearing a clean white t shirt. I've had problems in the past though where I've bought a size up hoping for them to shrink after bombarding them with washing and drying, and they managed to hold up to their original measurements despite being 100% cotton. Don't want to make that mistake again.

well as it turns out, my merz t shirt can cope with a machine wash perfectly well, since I forgot that I was going to hand wash it, and stuck it in with a load of other washing. It probably has shrunk a teeny tiny bit but less than makes any practical or noticable difference in fit, so I'm a happy boy.

yeah. except for jeans of course, too heavy,, i have this insecurity of washing machines. don't trust them

I know that feel; a few weeks ago o decided to throw all my TFH tees into the machine. Lo and behold, it chewed up my white shirts and put holes in them. I guess a laundry washing bag could have helped but, I'll just stick to hand washing.

I wonder, how do you get white Tees clean with handwashes? It always left ugly marks while drying when I did that. I always wash my Tees in the machine, just had problems with "cheap" Carhartts. My 3Sixteen shirt is 3 years old and still going strong, although I often got holes on the belt area with other tees. Plus, i like the fading that occurs over time with frewuent washing. Ordered me the indigo pocket tees for those reasons.

I use the Samurai soap, near boiling hot water, and if it has any stains I rub that area with soap or use bleach as a last resort.

So far it's worked well for me! I do have to boil the water over a wooden stove and then get into my large wooden tub, though. Also, I take a bath once a month, and make all my clothes. 

3sixteen tees are no where near my fhs or even whitesville. In sorry but the most superior tres for me are fh , samurai , ues , whitesville and warehouse

I use the Samurai soap, near boiling hot water, and if it has any stains I rub that area with soap or use bleach as a last resort.

So far it's worked well for me! I do have to boil the water over a wooden stove and then get into my large wooden tub, though. Also, I take a bath once a month, and make all my clothes. 

is the wood selvedge though?

3sixteen tees are no where near my fhs or even whitesville. In sorry but the most superior tres for me are fh , samurai , ues , whitesville and warehouse

i agree.  I have a 2 pack of those 3Sixteen indigo tee's and I am so disappointed with them.   rough and scratchy fabric and a terrible short and boxy cut.  

I visited the loopwheeler store in Tokyo, they had a working loopwheel machine in the front of the store. Absolutey beautiful T's and Sweats, unfortunately none in my size. Not as heavy as a ballpark but still very nice.

The cut of 3sixteen is perfect for me, caqn't find them short nor boxy. That rather applies to FH IMO. Of course FH are awesome constructed and there's better fabric out there, but they've become my most worn tees in the last years. They're a good deal in my book.

Just got a two pack of whitesville's (L) and they are too short for me @ 6'3" and ~175lbs...

I can get away with the FH (42, a little wide), Tezomeya (175), lady white (M), mccoys (L, real long actually), but this whitesville feels too short.  Maybe I will try to wet+stretch but probably will send them to my slightly shorter brother.

Bummmer...was going to go 3sixteen next but that sounds like a bad idea now...perfect black tee still crave thee

Check out Barns loopwheeled tees, weight is perfect and it's long and non boxy. Good price, too

I've been looking at buying Barns loopwheeled tee, really great price. Could you tell me what the shrink is like please? Should I buy size larger or go TTS?

I got them second hand from Mpukas and he told me his shrank from L to M after washing and drying, which is perfect for me.

Thinking about it a bit further... I'm right now wearing AA Hammer tee in M, and those Barnes shirts were definitely smaller after washing. I'd go so far as to say they are even a S. I was a bit thinner when I got those in a L, and when I put some mass back on they were way too tight. I'm 5'11" about 190 +/- and I'd order an XL next time, maybe even XXL if they make them. 

Edited by mpukas

And speaking on AA - check out their Hammer tee

"18 singles carded cotton, double-needle bottom hem and sleeves, and shoulder to shoulder reinforcement tape." 

I got black, navy and grey. They run a little bigger than their standard 2001 fine jersey tee. I first got a L, and thought they were too big, Then I got a M, and after washing they are borderline too small and tight. The grey has a little poly and doesn't stretch as much  as the black and navy when wearing. I'm planning on getting another lot of L in the future. 

In the L lot, the black and navy were tube knit, and the grey had side seams. In the M lot, all three colors are tube knit. I've looked at them in a store, and it seems hit or miss as to which colors in L are tube knit or seamed. 

I wash and dry them after each day or wear, and they are holding up very well. Shrinkage has been very even overall, especially for the grey. Very good cut and fit. I have the 3/16 indigo tee f/ SE, and I can't stand them - worst cut on a tee I've ever seen. AND I give ZERO F***S about them being a vintage cut - the cut is short and boxy and they suck. They don't even have taped shoulder seams. 

Edited by mpukas

The cut on the 3sixteen is perfect for me esp after a wash. I tend to prefer the shorter cut t-shirts so a lot of t-shirts are too long for me. I've had a bunch over the last few years and they've all lasted me the entire time. I have some 3sixteen t-shirts from 4 years ago that I still wear regularly. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

I'm 5'11'' and the 3Sixteen shirts I bought in 2013 fit great - nice and short but not too wide, as I've found Warehouse to be sadly. Have they changed the cut since then?

It's crazy reading that people are scared of putting cotton garments in a washing machine. I'd probably have fungus growing on my clothes if I only handwashed them in this humid stinkhole of a city. Guys need to discover the 30 degree Delicates cycle!

I'm 6'1 and don't find 3sixteen boxy, like I said. Not sure what the Problem is here, I found them to be the less vintage fitting of all brands I tried. I know there are better garments out there and own a few of them, but bashing 3sixteen makes no sense at all looking at my personal experience with them.

Edited by Max Power