Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

Love glory park tees!! Especially their baseball raglans.

If you like light weight tees, should try buzz ricksons loopwheel tees, lightweight and really soft, one of the softest in my collection. Also a bit stretchy too.

This is the one i have

E667DDA7-4971-47FA-99BC-708B58B1B574_zps

0A08FEF1-2296-4285-8BB3-70E2F4DF55EC_zps

Edited by chewie

man that tee looks perfect. I'm searching for the ultimate lightweight white undershirt and buzz might be it, I have one tee and it's really nice, good collar etc etc.

About to ask a shop if the plain white ones they have are the same fabric as that, that looks seriously good!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I liked the overcomer pocket Ts so much that I bought 2 more. I have to say, the quality seems very consistent (and consistently high). I got another white and a grey marl one. I'll only post this comparison of new vs worn white, as Goodrain has already posted some nice pics of the grey. I concur with his comment that the grey is a very different feel, being slightly softer and quite a bit stretchier. It's extremely comfortable though, almost pyjama-esque! The only thing that I've noticed is that the creamy off white colour quickly becomes a bright white. I guess I've worn the first shirt quite a bit now and comparing old to new, I noticed a significant move in colour to a brighter white. It's not really that obvious in the pic, and honestly, I'm not bothered about the change in colour, but anyone buying the overcomer white shirt for it's shade, be warned, it won't be vintage white for all that long. Old in front, new in back in this pic

22132679773_fc5c9c0d42_c.jpg

Strike Hold henley, its more like an off white in person. Quality is on par with all my other sg tees. I think they're super. Not as soft as like like buzz or glory park loopwheeled tees, but these have a very nice feel when worn. doesnt seem stretchy at all. However it does have presence of a side seam, i dont mind it though.

9EB0CC35-C601-400C-A8C7-947824409CC6_zps

Tried to capture the texture

CAE6BC7E-A730-40D1-B4FC-AFB141B245E3_zps

A shot of the collar...

19139DB3-9D6B-4F7B-B846-145528DFB3A4_zps

Here is a picture of the fit. Sorry, I didnt get a chance to get a pic wearing the shirt alone, maybe another time. It fits me perfectly, size L. For reference, i wear size 40 in flathead thc Tees. Got it from klaxon.

9DB2AAF8-34EA-4D58-8F1C-EB9F2C1FB7FD_zps

I also have the 3/4 sleeve henley in black and thats pretty sick too.

Atsu from Stevenson has been working on doing a loopwheeled fabric that is original for two years, something that's a little different in feel than what's already out there.  I think it's coming out in three or four weeks in both t-shirts and sweatshirt form, only one color, natural undyed/unbleached cotton.

I hope you're getting some XL's because I want one of the tees and crew neck sweatshirts.

Wearing my indigo dyed SG sweat today and it made me realize I really want an oatmeal / natural one too. But if Stevenson has one I'll wait for that!

• 2 months later...

I really like the tight neck hole on flathead THC t shirts, and am looking for something a little cheaper this summer/spring. Anyone with experiences on LadyWhiteCo tees and their neck tightness, and if they retain their shape over washes? 

The only t-shirt i've found that has a neck hole as tight as FH's is Strike Gold.  

Lady White's neck holes are tight by normal t-shirt standards, but nothing like FH/SG.  I have a few and have washed them many times and they've stayed the same shape when cold washed and line dried.

I really like the tight neck hole on flathead THC t shirts, and am looking for something a little cheaper this summer/spring. Anyone with experiences on LadyWhiteCo tees and their neck tightness, and if they retain their shape over washes? 

Like Kiya said TSG's neck hole is super, super tight.  To the point that I find it a tad annoying because it messes up my usual shower routine of doing my hair prior to putting on my t-shirt.  When I'm wearing a TSG shirt that day I have to make sure the shirt is on before I style my hair or I'll have to re-do it because the neck hole is smaller than my head.

-edit-

Missed the part about cheapness.  Sorry I'm not sure of inexpensive shirts with a tight neck.

Edited by dwilson123

The RMC two pack tees are a nice quality and certainly lighter in weight than most TFH tees. The cut is a bit slimmer through the trunk and longer than Flat Head's though. I can tuck mine into my waistband and find them a little too long untucked. Really, in the height of Asian summer I think short-sleeve shirts with a looser weave or with linen blend are the way to go over cotton tees.

The RMC two pack tees are a nice quality and certainly lighter in weight than most TFH tees. The cut is a bit slimmer through the trunk and longer than Flat Head's though. I can tuck mine into my waistband and find them a little too long untucked. Really, in the height of Asian summer I think short-sleeve shirts with a looser weave or with linen blend are the way to go over cotton tees.

Yeah, but then I'd have to step up my short-sleeved shirt game up haha. Not many appeal to me, but I might keep my eye out for some.

just confirming that it was indeed the RMC twin pack I was talking about.. they're certainly tight for my big head. For the current Aussie heatwave I'm liking Barns Outfitters pocket T's.. light and fluffy loopwheel construction, close fit but not too close.. not as structured as heavier t-shirts. Most importantly, cheap at about 34,000 yen. Sick of blowing twice that on single shirts.

• 2 weeks later...

The only t-shirt i've found that has a neck hole as tight as FH's is Strike Gold.  

Lady White's neck holes are tight by normal t-shirt standards, but nothing like FH/SG.  I have a few and have washed them many times and they've stayed the same shape when cold washed and line dried.

What's the weight like on those lady white pocket tees?

What's the weight like on those lady white pocket tees?

They're medium weight tees, lighter than SG/FH/3s but heavier than Whitesville.