Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

We got those blank MF tees at all the shops, they're going up in our online store next week.

Iron Heart and Flat Head both do loopwheeled long sleeve tees, just not that many. Of course, you'll have to either wait for the fall or do some quality searching to find shirts from last fall.

Thanks---so far I've only been able to find the graphic tees, though.

Does anyone own both the Strike Gold and Flat Head short-sleeve tees? Wondering how they compare. Also considering the MIU RMC/Champion shirts.

I just received Tezomeya organic loopwheel t-shirts hand dyed with natural ingredients. They are amazing.

http://www.tezomeya.com/index.html

Bandanna Almanac's write up: http://bandanna-almanac.com/2012/07/26/tezomeya-kyoto-organic-craft-dyeing/

Tezomeya source their loopwheel t-shirts from Kanekichi in the Wakayama prefecture: http://kanekichi-turi.com/web/

A lot of good information on loopwheel fabric on both sites.

You can also buy white loopwheel t-shirts from Tezomeya as well for a very good price (3,780 yen   :o ). (http://www.tezomeya.com/item/nocolor_t.html)

Sizing information: http://www.tezomeya.com/item/t_size.html

I am in US and I used a proxy. Tezomeya will ship direct but will not accept Paypal. You have to order thru its online shop and use your credit card. The interface is not geared toward US credit card processing. It did not work for me so I used a proxy.

Keep in mind that once you ordered, it'll take a few weeks to ship. Tezomeya dyes the shirts after the order is made.

I'll post some pics this weekend. The outside of the t-shirt has this horizontal irregular texturea but the inside is smooth, similar to Flat Head's loopwheel t. It's also a lighter weight fabric compare to FH.

After machine wash on gentle cycle with cool water and hang dry, it shrunk about 1cm in length. Shoulder and chest stayed the same.

size: 175cm

shoulder: 47cm ---> 47cm

chest: 101 cm ---> 101 cm

length(top of collar to the hem): 66.5cm ---> 65.5cm

I am in US and I used a proxy. Tezomeya will ship direct but will not accept Paypal. You have to order thru its online shop and use your credit card. The interface is not geared toward US credit card processing. It did not work for me so I used a proxy.

Keep in mind that once you ordered, it'll take a few weeks to ship. Tezomeya dyes the shirts after the order is made.

I'll post some pics this weekend. The outside of the t-shirt has this horizontal irregular texturea but the inside is smooth, similar to Flat Head's loopwheel t. It's also a lighter weight fabric compare to FH.

Glad you enjoyed them. Great feel to that unbleached organic cotton right?! 

Snake and Bandanna thanks for the discover. Just buy two one no color and one Blue/Violet will post pics as well.

Also i'll receive 2 packs tees from Mccoy's Loopwheel in grey.

I doubt it, There is no mention of them being loop-wheeled on the RMC blog and the descriptions of the RMC products stocked by Inventory are littered with mistakes. They dont know the product at all.

Edit- They describe the lining of the RMC N-1 they have in stock as wool when it is quite clearly Alpaca, There is no excuse for making such amateur mistakes.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Yeah SuperDenim fooled me with those 2-pack tees. I sent an email asking if they were really loopwheeled (since they're made in the US), but I didn't get a response.

The tees happen to be really great anyway, and fit me better than a lot of Japanese loopwheeled tees...

Its not like you are buying a £5 Tee from Asda if you are forking out top dollar on a tee you should be made fully aware of what you are buying. If they don't do this its an insult to there customers intelligence. Its not like we dont check?

After my hot date last night with a 65 year old lingerie model the same "trade discriptions" rule should apply to internet dating.

For those who are on the fence about the new Mister Freedom "Skivvy" Tee, here is the fit pic:

MFTee.jpg

My pit to pit is 36"  and size M fits me perfectly. I am very particular about the neckline as some Japanese vintage tees have extremely small neck hole in a way that it becomes sort of a mock turtleneck... those fit like sh*t on me. The neckline, sleeves and back length are all right on point for this Skivvy Tee. One thing to take note: the textile used is not smooth and buttery soft. It is somewhat like a broadcloth and "rigid" but feels like it can last you for the next 5 years of frequent wear.  

I am 5'0" with 39" chest. I wear large in Japanese t-shirts. Tezomeya's 175cm is similar to other Japanese brands' size large. I have FlatHead, Warehouse, Fullcount, Tender, Freewheelers and Cushman t-shirts. Let me know if you need size comparison with any one of those brands.

I am 5'0" with 39" chest. I wear large in Japanese t-shirts. Tezomeya's 175cm is similar to other Japanese brands' size large. I have FlatHead, Warehouse, Fullcount, Tender, Freewheelers and Cushman t-shirts. Let me know if you need size comparison with any one of those brands.

How would you compare those shirts just in terms of fabric and quality? What's your favorite?

How would you compare those shirts just in terms of fabric and quality? What's your favorite?

My top three: Tezomeya, Flat Head and Freewheelers in that order. Tezomeya is very comfortable and very breathable. The fabric feels fluffy. The natural dye put them over the top for me. The irregular fabric and the slightly frayed collar edge IMO match well with the natrual dye. Flat Head's construction wins hands down. The fabric is smooth and thick but does not breath as well as Tezomeya. It traps my sweat more compared to Tezomeya. Freewheelers t-shirts, not loopwheeled nor tubular, feel very comfortable. At least the light and mid weight fabric. FW's heavy weight T can feel a bit rough. However, I like a lot of FW's prints (vintage coporate logos, 60s political slogans and vintage ads prints). I also like the fact that a lot of FW shirt have different collor collar.  Fit wise for me FH wins. I also love the fit of FW t-shirts. Tezomeya's fit is a bit sloppy but I think it matches well with the look of the irregular fabric and the natural dye.

Edited by Snake