Loopwheeled/Vintage T-Shirts

jstavrin

I'm surprised that this thread doesn't already exist (if it does, then my apologies), as I figure there's enough people on this board who are as particular about their t-shirts as they are about their denim.

Whitesville is my current favorite for t-shirts. They're cut very short, are incredibly soft, and come in 2-packs. Whether or not they're actually loopwheeled I don't know--they're thinner than most loopwheeled t-shirts I've handled. Still, undoubtedly the best t-shirts I own. Very durable.

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

This, I think, is the "offficial" loopwheeled t. Doesn't come in a two-pack, and is very thick and heavy. They also offer more colors, but I find myself wearing the thinner t-shirts more because they're cut shorter.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Velva Sheen?

*pics to come in the OP*

I'm surprised that this thread doesn't already exist (if it does, then my apologies), as I figure there's enough people on this board who are as particular about their t-shirts as they are about their denim.

Whitesville is my current favorite for t-shirts. They're cut very short, are incredibly soft, and come in 2-packs. Whether or not they're actually loopwheeled I don't know--they're thinner than most loopwheeled t-shirts I've handled. Still, undoubtedly the best t-shirts I own. Very durable.

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

This, I think, is the "offficial" loopwheeled t. Doesn't come in a two-pack, and is very thick and heavy. They also offer more colors, but I find myself wearing the thinner t-shirts more because they're cut shorter.

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

Anyone have any experience with Velva Sheen?

*pics to come in the OP*

My favorite these days is Real McCoy's as with the many things they make. My favorite vintage is definitely Champion. Nothing beats this iconic brand, in terms of how they've managed to stick around after so many years.

I'll post some pics soon, which is what this thread needs!

I'll probably grab some Real McCoy's stuff once I feel like buying more T-shirts, which won't be for awhile.

I'll add some pics to the OP soon...

My favorite these days is Real McCoy's as with the many things they make. My favorite vintage is definitely Champion. Nothing beats this iconic brand, in terms of how they've managed to stick around after so many years.

I'll post some pics soon, which is what this thread needs!

I'll probably grab some Real McCoy's stuff once I feel like buying more T-shirts, which won't be for awhile.

I'll add some pics to the OP soon...

Great! This is all I need, a premium t-shirt fetish to go along with my premium denim fetish! Damn you guys. But since H&M is letting me down lately-- their t's are getting pretty inconsistent in sizing and quality of material-- I am officially looking for a new favorite. I was just hoping for a cheapish alternative, but then again, I am a sucker for quality, so I guess i have a new thread to watch...

:D

Great! This is all I need, a premium t-shirt fetish to go along with my premium denim fetish! Damn you guys. But since H&M is letting me down lately-- their t's are getting pretty inconsistent in sizing and quality of material-- I am officially looking for a new favorite. I was just hoping for a cheapish alternative, but then again, I am a sucker for quality, so I guess i have a new thread to watch...

:D

Finally got around to taking some pictures. After looking through my closet I still think that vintage Champion Ts are my favorite. They are not necessary the softest, but I think I truly dig their heritage past. Maybe I just feel nostalgic about them.

A few of my favorites:

champion1.jpg

champion2.jpg

champion3.jpg

champion4.jpg

You can tell by the detail pics of the weave, just how good the quality was.

The most amazing modern repro T I have is from UES. The hand of this shirt is indescribable. The cotton is hairy and soft, almost like cashmere.

ues1.jpg

ues2.jpg

Here are some McCoy's and Flathead detail shots.

realmccoys.jpg

Flathead1.jpg

Fullcount surprisingly makes a better T than McCoy's, Flathead, Whitesville, etc. The fabric is much richer and softer.

Fullcount.jpg

However, you can can't go wrong with any of these brands. Their attention to detail is impeccable. It's difficult to pick out the best.