Uniqlo F/W 10

readytoignite

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Shirting: the darting does look bad, I'll be the first to admit it. I would've been fucking THRILLED if they just remade last season's shirts. I only got it because for work it'll be under a blazer at all times. But the sleeves weren't billowy - a little longer than expected - but slim as hell, slim enough for me to notice.

Buttons: didn't notice. I decided against getting a heavy coat so I didn't pay much attention.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the buttons on a bunch of the coats (soutien collar and peacoat) looked really cheap. they were brass rimmed plastic buttons with fake woodgrain patterning. not good for $230 coats

That's disappointing and amusing considering her outspoken dislike of plastic buttons in The Telegraph's article about +J:

And real buttons, not plastic, which we hate.
Shirting: the darting does look bad, I'll be the first to admit it. I would've been fucking THRILLED if they just remade last season's shirts. I only got it because for work it'll be under a blazer at all times. But the sleeves weren't billowy - a little longer than expected - but slim as hell, slim enough for me to notice.

Are the regular fit shirts considerably larger than the slim fit shirts?

^yea i read that article. the chesterfield and suit jackets have horn buttons. i think the shirts have shell buttons but i wasn't sure.

the regular fit shirts are a little larger. slim fit ones don't billow out in the back when tucked in - regular ones do

regular fit shirts have an angular curved chest pocket that threw me off. you can see it in the pictures

what's wierd is that the new oxford slim fit shirts upstairs fit slimmer than the +J ones. those actually fit perfect for me

the chesterfield coats are heavier this season. they feel more substantial this time around. with some layers, they might hold up to nyc winters

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

I haven't tried the new oxfords upstairs because I assumed they'd be too big for me and the collars are way too big for my frame. Weird.

And I agree about the chesterfields. Surprised by how heavy they are. And I guess if anyone needs a cheap(ish) peacoat, the down lined ones are pretty nice.

Now bearing in mind that I haven't tried one on, I quite like the darts. Certainly not something I would wear daily but to mix it up once in a while at the office, they seem to have a more slimming effect than the rest. Now onto the real issue: me begging for a proxy. Anyone cool enough to help out?

pretty much when I went around 3:30-4pm everything not in black in sizes s-m were gone. Only a few down jackets in L and XL were left. Plenty of suits, they fit similar to last seasons suits. Shirts fit the same but longer than last 2 seasons. The women's stuff runs way too big for most asia sized girls. My wife swims in the XS stuff.

Is there a matching pants for the navy Cashmere/Wool tuxedo jacket?

No, they did not. Only the flannel jackets have matching pants. The Cashmere/Wool jackets came in two colors, navy and black. Very nice jacket with cupro lining, better than last year.

what's wierd is that the new oxford slim fit shirts upstairs fit slimmer than the +J ones. those actually fit perfect for me

The oxford with contrasting collars fit very slim in the body and sleeves. The cut is almost like apc "boy" shirts. I like the fit.

the oxford slim fit shirts are priced well at $20. i wish the collars were a bit larger. not a fan of the rounded chest pocket either. the sleeve length on the shirts are perfect but i'm afraid they'll shrink in the wash

do they make slim fit shirts without any back pleats?

a few HOURS??

yo that line wait was a bitch earlier.

No, they did not. Only the flannel jackets have matching pants. The Cashmere/Wool jackets came in two colors, navy and black. Very nice jacket with cupro lining, better than last year.
I thought I saw matching pants but they were just wool and not cashmere mixed. At least that was what the navy trousers I saw said.

Wished I tried on the double-breasted suit jacket but did not notice it till too late.

Stopped by today and picked up the dark-grey wool flannel blazer ($169) and matching pants ($69). I never wear suits, but whatever, that's too good a price to pass up. I really liked how it fit, too.

Also got a pair of the flat-front chino trousers for $59. It's a really thick, sturdy fabric. Slim-straight cut.

There was still a decent-sized line to get in the +J room, but it didn't extend outside the building. I waited about 20-30 minutes.

you can't remove the "darts," which is actually a felled seam where a separate panel of fabric appears to be joined. the regular fit shirts do not have this design feature if it's a problem for you.

btw i tried on four different shirts and each one fit differently.

the puffer jacket isn't out yet - there's going to be another release in november. the flannel waistcoats are donezo for now, as are the military coats and peacoats for women.

the puffer jacket isn't out yet - there's going to be another release in november. the flannel waistcoats are donezo for now, as are the military coats and peacoats for women.

yeah i was there the first day and didn't get a matching waistcoat because they were gone except for a medium. What Justin Timberlake motherfucka still buys waistcoats by itself?