Chicagoooo

My parents and brother are going to Chicago on thursday (while im still finishing up exams)and wanna know where to shop and what to do... they're gonna be shopping for my brother and me mostly i thinkg (hope)... so the usual superfuture spots would be good... not something that 'parents would like'

Anyone help me out here?

leaders is tight but your parents may not be down for visiting south side chicago just to buy clothes for you...a lot of their stuff is available online too

your best bet is to ask them to look around michigan ave and that other street that intersects it at the north end. you can cop some nice generic or super eurotrashy clothes from those depending on your steez + your parents wont have to see how grimey chicago is

ps chicago sux

Have you heard of Habit yet? Located in the Wicker Park neighborhood on Division at Damen.

It is this super cool boutique that exclusively carries emerging designers. They feature over 75 indie men's & women's clothing and accessories designers. The store is stocked with one-of-a-kind and few-of-a-kind treasures including lots of items by local artists.

Of all the big cities, Chicago is definitely the most conservative. That said, it is a great city, growing at a rapid speed, and loads more room to expand on many fronts >>Fashion/cuisine/music etc. It's not as bad as Scientific mentioned. You just have to know where to look and clearly, create your own unique style. In fact, just today I was at an all day sample sale put on by Billion Dollar Babes. Superb cutting edge, higher end clothing/shoes/jewelry/bags etc. I got a pair of Paper Denim & Cloth jeans for a mere $75!! Again, it's all about where you are looking!! The list above contains some great shops with more one-of-a-kind finds, if that is what you are looking for. Happy shopping!! icon_smile_big.gif

Reckless Records is a great music store. One on N.Broadway and the other N.Milwaukee. I like Penelope's for clothing. Oh, and be sure to stop at the Wiener's Circle for a dog. Its cliche, but so what.

dry or die!

Edited by ryandenim on Apr 29, 2006 at 05:46 PM

Edited by ryandenim on Apr 29, 2006 at 05:47 PM