any hair salon recommended in tokyo?

gamma888

i'll be heading out to tokyo soon this thursday for a week.

earlier i posted a thread about san francisco's hair salons, but i never got around to them and my hair's awfully getting long. i figured that it'll be an once-a-lifetime to get an unique haircut from a trendy salon.

hope to get your words by this thursday.

thanks in advance!

Dresshair in Shinjuku. 4th floor of Sumitomo building just next to the Alda building.

http://www.dresshair.jp/

Ask for Hirayama-san he's my stylist:

staff_pb_frame_hirayama.jpg

Cut/shampoo/blow for 1,800 yen & cut/color/shampoo/blow for under 4,000 yen

If you want a truly crazy all the bells and whistles salon try Taya in Harajuku. The salon looks like a space shuttle with neon lights and floor to ceiling mirrors.

http://www.taya.co.jp/tww/ta/index.html#

Edited by djrajio on Apr 25, 2006 at 04:54 PM

cut/color/shampoo/blow for under 4000 yen? wow, you got me sold!

hope hirayama-san understands english little.

thank you!

• 9 months later...

bump to the top

where should i go:

current options-->

1) bape cuts (apparently the stylists are really good)

2) shima

3) gokan omotesando

you guys can suggest others

Guest jmatsu
i'll be heading out to tokyo soon this thursday for a week.

earlier i posted a thread about san francisco's hair salons, but i never got around to them and my hair's awfully getting long. i figured that it'll be an once-a-lifetime to get an unique haircut from a trendy salon.

hope to get your words by this thursday.

thanks in advance!

i don't know if you already went, but i get my haircut at raiz in minami-aoyama. if coming from omotesando street turn right after prada, then make a left after the 1st outside cafe. you'll see okazaki modelling agency and above it is raiz.

kimura, the prez does alot of european seminars, hair and make for celebs, and recently did the new york collection for neil barret. very very good.

pretty big boutique, smoking section, and free massage.

• 2 weeks later...

came back from shima harajuku today

the best hair cut ive ever gotten

well, i went for a hair cut + coloring. i paid about 11000 yen w/ student discount.

the dude who cut my hair (kusama-san) was amazing. he wears bbc & bape head-to-toe but his fit was great. when i say head-to-toe, im talking about his belt, keychain, socks, and necklace all being BAPE.

the assistants are courteous and fun. the chicks are uber-hot.

the stylists got really good style. i guess that's part of their job to look dope.

rick owens sneakers, dior cape, margiela shirt.. that kind of steez

• 7 months later...

i can't quite figure out why the website is in english.

does it just cater to international folks?

i might try VeLO or akros (sp?) next time

I second shima. I think it's my only haircut in my life I've liked.

But, as for english it depends on the person but as a whole I'd say don't be able to expect to get by using english. Either know specifically what you want and have a friend translate it for you so you can more or less hand it to the staff, or have a picture ready.

http://www.afloat.co.jp

i am going here from now on. they be backed by the tokyo dome.

『女性を必ずきれいにする』

外見だけでなく、内面まできれいにして差し上げる

That's their theme. ARE YOU A GIRL?

『女性を必ずきれいにする』

外見だけでなく、内面まできれいにして差し上げる

That's their theme. ARE YOU A GIRL?

obviously the customers who bring in the most profit for all salons are females as opposed to male customers. that is why they market the website to females. you can keep going to shima and doing that kindergarden shit, that's cool, but when you get older you'll realize that for biz/connections/respect that only "trendies" and people not in the biz-world-know go to places as shima and such.

afloat gives great haircuts, hair-make, etc and you've got more biz encounter opportunities frequenting a salon of their status. i met one of the head stylists and he did a really good job and his list of high profile clientle would baffle your mind. if that place is good enought for so and so, it should be good enough for you...if you get what i'm saying or care. it may not matter too you, but the owner's status far surpasses that of other prominent stylists...you wouldn't even believe it.

anyway i figured somebody would comment on their theme/moto...i'm sure you weren't that serious or really don't care. i def recommend that you give alfoat a chance!

although i do not work in the fashion-entertainment business, i'm willing to give it a try if they can give better cuts...

shit, the cut models on their website look crazy cute

Xel-ha Clients:藤原紀香、黒崎えり子、松居直美、蛯原友里

OYE

that's what i'm saying. ebitan, noriko and shit. i'm trying to get in good with the owner/stylists so they can either help me bang some socially-prominent bitch or to help the company i work at's marketing.