Are there any Padmore & Barnes Wally's left in Ireland?

P&B Wallabees for the UK market fit either true to size or a half size big, but then you have to go a whole size down for the UK conversion.

I'm US 10.5 in most shoes.

I wear a UK 9 or 9.5 in P&B's.

Padmore & Barnes have an outdoorsy type of store under their own name in Kilkenny Ireland. If you're sister is around Kilkenny she should stop by and inquire for you. I doubt they have any pairs in the store, but they've got a warehouse (also in Kilkenny?) that they probably still have some shoes at...this is where they grab them from if you contact them via email. Anyway maybe your sis could find out where to get a pair or how to grab some for you from the warehouse if she checks their shop. They cost around US $100 a pair.

http://www.padmore-barnes.com/

Quote:

If one was to email what are the chances of them having any plain toes.?

FYI: you can get the P&B wallys on ebay for around $40

Edited by KFC ONE on Apr 12, 2006 at 04:10 PM

--- Original message by KFC ONE on Apr 12, 2006 04:09 PM

probably slim but worth a try on the plaintoes

and yeah if anyone's a US 9.5 they should def grab the 9.5's on ebay, otherwise it's just a few smaller sizes...

Quote: What makes the P&B ones so desirable?

1. better shape w/a more snug, low-profile toebox

2. better quality, hand-made, with a firmer, more classic shoe construction...the asian ones feel like mush in comparison

3. firmer crepe

4. finer leathers and suedes in better colors

5. more styles, like the weaver and plaintoe, which clarks no longer makes

6. they're the OG, with decades of history and legitimacy

some of this is subjective of course but those are some of my reasons.

here are a few more: icon_smile_big.gif

img31623bg.jpg

img31632mk.jpg

Edited by rhythmandsound on Apr 12, 2006 at 05:57 PM

Yo I got a crazy idea how to do Clarks now

Check it out, boom, this how you freak em, boom

You go get you go get the cream joints right? Boom

Now now, all you all you dye, is this shit right here

Boom, and this, yaknowhatI'msayin? Any color you want

But it'd be like, blue and cream, yaknowhatI'msayin?

Shit like that, niggaz don't even know this stuff

Word is bond I'ma rock niggaz this summer, on the real

korn feat. ice cube

Quote: who cares about wallys, we want to see wahts in that pink box!!!

i knew i should've moved that out the way haha!

del sol supreme delta's, my only pink box i swear! icon_smile_big.gif

...the pink's balanced by the OG '93 brown box purple ACG Escape 2 mid's, hollerback BOATS and blanc0!

Edited by rhythmandsound on Apr 12, 2006 at 08:01 PM

damn dude the 10's in those nutbrowns would be perfect for you! that's the size i've got in the nutbrowns (us10 / uk9)...that size is always perfect for me in P&B's, but w/these leather plaintoes they're the right length but really snug...i wear thin socks w/them (goldtoe cotton metropolitans, the best thin socks!). the 10's would be perfect for you. worth springing for them. i think you know who to talk to but if not hit me w/a pm.

those were pretty much brand new when i took the pic but i've worn them a bunch since then and they hold up really well. have a friend who has them in 12 and has been wearing them every day and they still look great. such a buttery shoe.

Quote:

i think i just fukkin creemed my pants... shitson

bowing down.

i wish i could find shit like that on ebay

whats the price range been for em?

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Apr 12, 2006 07:49 PM

haha word showbiz... i got 4 of those pairs straight from P&B a couple years ago for around $115 each (and just got word from a friend today who just contacted them and was informed that their stock of shoes is completely gone now). Apart from the nutbrown Supremes, i've gotten the rest for between like 40 and 100 dollars each...it's been totally variable.

Quote:

nice collection.....i saw a pair of supremes on ebay the other week. do the padmores fit/sized the same as the new clarks or bigger or smaller?

--- Original message by bloden on Apr 12, 2006 08:00 PM

the Supreme's were US sized (as are the Padmore sand wallabee boots on ebay) and more or less fit true to your normal shoe size. It's been a few years since i've worn a pair of the newer made-in-china clarks wallabees, but those fit bigger...I wore US 9.5 in those but wear a US 10 or 10.5 in the Padmores...

Quote: Yeah... Stricks.

I gotta scrape together some cash though. Trying to unload some Nike's I'm not gonna wear, but I'm too lazy to take pics for eBay.

Probably shouldn't have splurged on the Syndicates. Got the Cabs from UBS today. So dope.

u know! and isn't ebay a bitch when it comes to selling, dang. the cabs are worth it man! and you got a deal. both black? navy and green are stunners imo!

• 2 weeks later...

I have more wallabees than rhythm but he has more p&b ones. i have two pairs of sand p&b's that I haven't worn, plus two pair of low sand p&b clarks, the supreme nutbrown plaintoes, black plaintoes and random other p&b clarks, plus tons of clarks wallabees, desert treks and desert boots. I'll take a pic of my wall of shoes when I get home and then post it.

• 3 weeks later...