Chicago, Boston, Seattle or maybe somewhere else?

herpsky

I am thinking of taking a 2-3 day vacation in the next few weeks.

I've been to LA, SF, and NYC and I am running out of ideas for places to visit in the US.

I was thinking of Chicago, Boston, or Seattle as my next destination...

Are there other "cool" cities I should visit?

If you were to choose from the three cities I just mentioned, which one would you choose?

Thanks

I personally hate Chicago, it is ghetto, dirty, and ugly.....I lived in Seattle for 4 years and although I love the place, it is not "vacation worthy" if you have other options. It is relatively quiet in comparison to LA or NY, but if you are going to spend the money, I would recommend Miami or Boston (which has more history/culture than any U.S. city in my opinion, save NY). At the end of the day, it depends what you want: Sun/bikinied tan girls, or sights/culture....Let me know and I can give a better answer, cause I have been to just about every big city in the U.S. and consider myself fairly unbiased......

i've had a good time in all three of those cities - chicago, boston, and seattle. i've also been to almost every big city in the u.s., and i think that the above comments on chicago being a "ghetto, dirty, and ugly" are a totally untrue characterization of the city as a whole. diverse neighborhoods, great restaurants, architecture, and the lakefront are just the beginning of what chicago has to offer. if you are looking for a big city with lots of sights and culture, chicago has it.

i've had a good time in all three of those cities - chicago, boston, and seattle. i've also been to almost every big city in the us, and i think that the above comments on chicago being a "ghetto, dirty, and ugly" are a totally untrue characterization of the city as a whole. diverse neighborhoods, great restaurants, architecture, and the lakefront are just the beginning of what chicago has to offer. if you are looking for a big city with lots of sights and culture, chicago has it.

^^ Every city has great attractions/nightlife, etc. and every city has shitty areas; Chicago has alot of shitty areas, there is no arguing that, it has one of the highest crime rates in the U.S., horrible weather, and is overall, an unclean city; I have been there MANY times for business/personal and have been all over the city, it is not very nice compared to many other metropolitan areas....understand that I am not saying it is a bad city, just not as nice as others....

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 12, 2006 at 05:53 PM

hmm if i had to choose between those three i would choose boston...i personally dont like it but i think it is a place everyone should go to at least once...chi is nice enough but not really a vacation destination in my opinion. ive never been to seattle but it seems like a nice enough place. i agree that you should consider canada...montreal is supposed to be a pretty fresh town

• 2 weeks later...