Blue in Green N-01 jeans

cheapmuthafukr

If you do decide on the 28, don’t worry about suffering too long with a snug top block. My pair stretched back to near pre-soak dimensions in just a couple of days (as opposed to weeks for my Flat Heads).

Whatever size you chose, I think that you’ll appreciate the uniqueness of the material. My only knock is the 4-button fly … my size 31 could easily do with a 5th button.

Awesome, thanks! Would you say that it's reasonable for the thighs to stretch back out to pre-soak numbers too?

• 1 month later...

Blue in Green Hurricane Sandy Red Cross Fundraiser - Discount Week: A good Cause and a Good Deal

From Mailing List Email:

"This is an email from 'Blue in Green . . . a mens store in Soho Nyc'

Last year we held a fundraising event to help with the earthquake and Tsunami relief efforts in Japan and with the help of our customers were able to raise and donate close to $6,000 to the American Red Cross to assist in their efforts. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy which came through the Greater NY region last Monday and is said to have affected an estimated 60 million people along the east coast we've decided to do another fundraising event to assist the American Red Cross in their relief efforts spanning 13 states up and down the eastern seaboard.

Starting today November 8th, we will begin a week long sale in store and online with 25% off on select items and will donate 50% of the net revenue to the American Red Cross in Greater New York. For example, with the purchase of a $200 item, 50% of that amount ($100) will be donated to American Red Cross. This is an authorized and official promotion so you can be assured that 100% of the donation amount will be sent directly to American Red Cross, and since this event was set up for a specific cause, all of the proceeds will go directly to this cause.

The sale will start off with some select items and we'll be adding a few others throughout the week until the end of the sale on November 16th. The direct link to the sale section on our webstore is pasted below. We'd like to thank everyone in advance for their support during this promotion. Please contact us with any questions or concerns by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 212-680-0555. Thank you again. - Blue in Green

Direct Link to Sale items:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=56&Itemid=62

Notice

* Company will donate to the American Red Cross 50% of net revenue generated at Blue in Green, LLC headquarters as well as online through www.blueingreensoho.com

* The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position.

* For more information about the American Red Cross in Greater New York, please visit www.nyredcross.org."

• 2 weeks later...

It was a pleasure, U. We used this cool little knife to cut the thread after the stitching had been done which be picked up at Tsukiji market in Tokyo last week.

IMG_0321.jpg

Had my N-02 Hemmed recently - Fit is now spot on.

I had 1.5" taken off the length. They've had 2 soaks and have now got noticeable leg twist.

Fit pics soon.

I

• 2 weeks later...

Had my N-02 Hemmed recently - Fit is now spot on.

I had 1.5" taken off the length. They've had 2 soaks and have now got noticeable leg twist.

Fit pics soon.

What was the inseam shrinkage on the N-02 like?

From the description of their weave, I thought it would shrink more than usual. Haven't soaked them yet, but would like to know if I need to hem shorter for future reference.

@ PeterParker...

The inseam is now 33"

Original Measurements (By me)

BIG 5th Aniversary Model

BGN-02 Size 33

(B.I.G Measuring Method)

Raw:- / Hot Soak:-

Waist: 17.25"/ 16.75"

Front Rise: 11"/ 10.5"

Back Rise: 14" / 13.5"

Upper Thigh: 12.5" / 11.75"

Knee: 8.5" / 8.25"

Leg Opening: 8.5" / 8.25"

Inseam: 36" / 34.5" (-1.5" Hem = 33.0")

Great Denim. I Think it has shrunk more than I expected - perhaps due to its unusual 6-6 Weave? It has stretched out again. The thighs are back to original 12.5".

Only very slight fading, the denim hasn't softened up too much yet though.

Mine have had approx 1 month solid wear.

Cheers

I see, you hemmed after your initial hot wash. So 1.5" shrinkage on the original inseam, and then you had them hemmed another 1.5" shorter.

I always try to hem while the jeans are raw (so as to get the most pronounced roping at the hem), but it is a real guessing game as to how much room to allow for shrinkage. I had always been afraid of hemming too short and as a result, I have probably left a couple of pairs I have hemmed an inch too long. Suffice to say, I think a 32" raw inseam should give a 30 to 31" final inseam in most cases...

@PeterParker

I gave them a cold soak when new, wore them a few times and then gave them a hot soak. After that was happy I'd got the shrinkage out, so I had the 1.5" taken off.

They're still long enough to cuff or wear with a little stacking. Most notable result is the leg twist. I'm sure they'll rope-up along the hem without any issue in the long term - had them Chainstitched on a Union Special, so in theory, it should be identical in terms of construction & effect.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

picked these up back in Oct '11. got to have at least 5 months wear. no washes, just cold soak when i got them. damn things are tuff as shit to fade. they had this cardboard-y feel to them at first and still have them! just a strange denim...

IMG_0772_zpsda9bab10.jpg

IMG_0778_zps33902534.jpg

my fat ass busted the top cause i couldn't button the top button for awhile

IMG_0773_zps7fa639f7.jpg

IMG_0782_zps06aba604.jpg

IMG_0779_zps8558fcad.jpg

IMG_0787_zpse3014889.jpg

if any of you snatched these up when they were on sale, you did well. i keep to wearing them mostly (i say that loosely) when i'm dressing up to go out. anyone got a good faded pair or thoughts on the denim?

Edited by tvshooter

Looking good so far, tv. That busted button... I did the same on my Denime. Winter months and slowing metabolisms are cruel mothers. Bought a pair on sale and unfortunately haven't broken them in at all. The denim is very unique. I have nothing else to compare them with except that on appearance alone, they reminded me of the Left Field tweed denim. I really dig the color and texture. So they're still crunchy, even after soak and wear? Here's the copy from the BiG blog, just so we can geek out once more.

"We've produced a 5th Anniversary Limited Edition jean using our store original N-01 slim fit silhouette and a newly developed denim from one of our earliest denim suppliers, and offering them at a very special price. This new denim was 10 years in the making and combines everything learned in his 40+ years in the denim industry in Japan and abroad, and one that he's most proud of. It's a 15oz Right Hand Twill unsanforized selvage denim that weighs in at 16oz after washing. The cotton used is a blend of extra long fiber Zimbabwe cotton and extra short fiber USA cotton giving the texture a look of nep fabric with loads of White cotton and Indigo tufts poking through the face and backside of the denim (for those familiar with the earliest Samurai Texas Cotton denim or the Left Field Tweed denim, it has a similar look to those). Typically the warp and weft yarns are spun in the right hand direction prior to weaving but for this denim the warp and weft yarns were spun in reverse creating a tighter weave and giving the denim a stiff and crunchy texture. This also results in the warp yarns being more pronounced, similar to how a Left Hand Twill denim looks but done in a Right Hand Twill weave, and also intensifies the vertical color fading results.

In addition, the warp yarns are deep Indigo dyed with a Green Sulphur topping and interwoven with Beige dyed weft yarns for an overall muted and subtle green cast. The backside of the denim has a plush and soft hand due in large part to the extra long fiber Zimbabwe cotton and will continue to soften and smooth over time, eventually creating a smooth and refined texture on the face as well."

Here are my N0-2s. I think I got them back in September and they've pretty much been my main pair. No wash, just one initial soak. The outsides felt like sandpaper when I first got them. The pictures make them look a little lighter than they actually are.

photo-7.jpg

photo-2-2.jpg

photo-1-6.jpg

Edited by erockisalive

Those look sweet @tvshooter.

I bought my pair in October 2011 as well.

Mine had something similar happen after maybe 5 days of wear. So I put them on hold so they didn't get worse and until I loose some winter weight (mostly microbrews from the West Coast). I'm going to get the unraveling fixed before it worsens & before I wear them again.

@erockisalive - those look great.

These last two sets of photos makes me want to stop being a fat ass but with the long weekend coming and a local Beer Hall having six Deschutes brews on tap, could be a tough weekend to stop being one.

Edited by clayton

I got my pair in October 2011. I've given these jeans a solid ten months of wear with probably five soaks. I do like the unique light / green / gray color cast that their dyeing process achieved, but in the end I'm not that excited about the fade I got.

Barely any honeycombing on the legs for one thing! (to each his or her own; personally I like Warehouse and Flat Head denim and fades the most).

tumblr_miabi6yyAJ1qalscho1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the blue in green measurements jpeg from this pair of jeans? I need to know my pair's original measurements so that I can compare with the next pair of jeans I'm looking to buy.... thanks!

My pair of N-01s are size 33.

Edited by subdivide

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...