Blue in Green N-01 jeans

cheapmuthafukr

All right a question not about the jeans, but the chinos. Anyone have them? If Gordon puts his brand on them they must be top quality, but does anyone have feedback or fitpics?

I still have to redeem my $50 off that I won with the FC contest and thinking of getting it on a pair of chinos, combine the shipping with the 811xxx jeans....

All right a question not about the jeans, but the chinos. Anyone have them? If Gordon puts his brand on them they must be top quality, but does anyone have feedback or fitpics?

I still have to redeem my $50 off that I won with the FC contest and thinking of getting it on a pair of chinos, combine the shipping with the 811xxx jeans....

BiG chino fit pics

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.php?p=3595471&postcount=389

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea the rise is a bit low, but the details are great. someone get them and post pics.

Typically the warp and weft yarns are spun in the right hand direction prior to weaving but for this denim the warp and weft yarns were spun in reverse creating a tighter weave and giving the denim a stiff and crunchy texture. This also results in the warp yarns being more pronounced, similar to how a Left Hand Twill denim looks but done in a Right Hand Twill weave, and also intensifies the vertical color fading results. The backside has a plush and soft hand due in large part to the extra long fiber Zimbabwe cotton and will continue to soften and smooth over time, eventually creating a smooth and refined texture on the face as well.

The warp yarns are deep Indigo dyed with a Green Sulphur topping and interwoven with Beige dyed weft yarns for an overall muted and subtle green cast

4lt5k0.jpg

^Will be in NYC this weekend, no doubt BiG is my main destination (aside from the wedding which brings me to the great city)...These are quite possibly the coolest jeans I've seen in a while, esp. at that price point and quirkiness...damn it theres never enough time or money for me for denim anymore...:(

And also, I would venture to guess that the factory they source the denim from is the very same that makes Warehouse denim...Just my guess but I'll confirm with Gordon...A few clues that point me in that direction...

I've tried these on, and the rise is a bit low, but only for a fat bloke like me. Skinny fellows shouldn't have a problem. The hand is incredibly soft right out of the box so it will entice people who aren't used to stone hard raw denim.

Also like a lot of BiG's store collection, its a great price for a beautiful pair of jeans.

^Will be in NYC this weekend, no doubt BiG is my main destination (aside from the wedding which brings me to the great city)...These are quite possibly the coolest jeans I've seen in a while, esp. at that price point and quirkiness...damn it theres never enough time or money for me for denim anymore...:(

And also, I would venture to guess that the factory they source the denim from is the very same that makes Warehouse denim...Just my guess but I'll confirm with Gordon...A few clues that point me in that direction...

It's Oni. He makes no secret of it.

I haven't posted here in a while. Last time I bought a pair of jeans was two years ago when I got into the Dry Bones/S-E contest. Needless to say after two years the jeans are almost falling apart (in a good way). Looking around Gordon's website I found the anniversary jeans that looks like a nice mix between the Samurai 500 and the old Evisu with the green fade. Last time I bought denim from Blue in Green it was the Warehouse contest jeans. Wasn't disappointed. Will post pictures when my pair shows up in the mail.

Some of what has been said sounds far-fetched, but this is what I know (although I maybe wrong also)

- Hinoya is a store in Japan who carry their own house brand, Burgus Plus

- Hinoya does not manufacture anything nor do they own Oni

- Oni is run by one man who has been in the denim business for many years

- The Oni owner sources fabric for many companies including Hinoya

- BiG works with a factory directly to produce product

- Warehouse only makes Warehouse product (including Lee licensed stuff, sorry aho)

I'm pretty sure these are the facts...

and my one day review

(too lazy for fit pics today, sorry)

I like the color, they're not as dark as most raw denim, they did darken a little post soak, and they do have a subtle green hue. the BiG web pics seem pretty accurate

the denim has quite a rough hand, not unlike the strike gold 11xx denim, but not because of slubbiness or loose weave like the SG's, the BiG's just have a coarse feel to the cotton

quite rigid and crispy, the post soak 16oz weight sounds about right for these

I think the roughness, stiffness, and weight coupled with a nice slim straight fit at true to size should equal a nice fading denim, and I'm interested to see how the denim evolves given the unique cross between LHT and RHT the denim seems to be

wearing them for the next week straight