Americana

i definitely wouldnt sweat mwr blowing up. the product is dope but theres no item (like a rick owen dunk, for instance) that is recognizable enough to the naked eye for it to become an internet status symbol. it will just be low key, limited quantity shit that the usual suspects will stay up on.

won't be seeing it at urban outfitters anytime soon. (watch me kick myself 1.5 years later when this comes true)

edit: oops, just looked at the inventory blog. game over.

drake just bought a couple of boots

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest White Man's Burden

Drake makes me wanna use words that will get me banned. Fucking bitch ass. Remember when rappers like Black Moon used to have legit careers?

Fuck Drake and fuck Rest Store

I have a simple sounding question, but may result in a not so simple answer. But what is the story behind Rest Store? What is the point of it? What niche is is supposed to fill? I'm slightly confused with the by appointment only mantra.

I agree that the spot is blown with its sudden rush of fame thanks to Inventory etc., however I can't help to think this was planned.

Someone recently wrote an article describing how NYC shopping isn't what it used to be, even from the last few years. This store was apparently a shout out to the past, meant for the adept consumer wishing to have a well made, well designed, minimally run garment that you were proud to own. What else out there is like this?

I really like the Levi's Tincloth Trucker Jacket but it's been hard to get so I think I'm gonna settle for this Wax Cotton Chore Jacket from FSC.

http://afinancialstatement.blogspot.com/2010/10/made-in-usa-freemans-sporting-club.html

and I'm really thinkin' about pickin' up this J.L. Powell Fair Isle Sweater.

http://afinancialstatement.blogspot.com/2010/10/jl-powell-fair-isle-sweater.html

Guest White Man's Burden
I have a simple sounding question, but may result in a not so simple answer. But what is the story behind Rest Store? What is the point of it? What niche is is supposed to fill? I'm slightly confused with the by appointment only mantra.

I agree that the spot is blown with its sudden rush of fame thanks to Inventory etc., however I can't help to think this was planned.

Someone recently wrote an article describing how NYC shopping isn't what it used to be, even from the last few years. This store was apparently a shout out to the past, meant for the adept consumer wishing to have a well made, well designed, minimally run garment that you were proud to own. What else out there is like this?

Seriously just shut the fuck up. Please. No more posts.

BTW - that Fair Isle tossup is extreme frute swag. Holy shit. If it fits your stee then I say go for it, but if you some rumble tumble motherfucker with Quoddy's and raw denim then you might look like a damn fool.

Guest White Man's Burden

Rocking out those new MADE WITH REST FIYA REST STORE BOOTS DEM BOIIIII. So cool, gunna have to get me a pair so I can look like Drizzy.

It gives me joy to see that APC is way out of touch and super late to the game.

I'm so over this Americana design trend.

Went to the Santa Monica mall today. It's about 85 degrees, blaring sun and you see guys walking around dressed up as lumberjacks w/ brand new huge clunker boots and Buffalo plaid jackets and shirts while the smart people are wearing flip flops shorts and beachwear.

Looking through the mens wear stores, every designer offers oil cloth coats, plaid flannel shirts, duck vests, lumberjack sweaters and every other kind of outdoors macho mountain man shit you could think of. Tons of it!!! Over and out! Next trend...too many companies chasing the same $$.

consumer watch! (special report) with Vampyrvargfesten

this was mentioned in another thread before, but this eastland shoe company is so wierd

they've got peasant-priced imitations of sufu-hyped shoes and "heritage" designs and detailing

"mountaineering boot"

"bean boot"

"sperry chukka boat shoe"

"visvim deck shoe. notice the plastic heel stabilizer unit and tread pattern"

"red wing moc toe boot"

"red wing iron ranger"

"another moc toe boot with chunky white sole. with a strap"

other than that, they produce ugly peasant "comfort shoes"

notice how they are all listed under "new arrivals"

looks like someone did their research..

• 3 weeks later...