visvim FW10-11

martynyarrow

my bad, got them switched... still would appreciate an informed opinion whether the the matterhorns are essentially a non folk whymper. not that i have a problem with non folk visvim (still loving my serras) but would help guide any purchasing decisions

If by folk, you mean "hand sewn goodyear welt", yes i think they are. the shoe and sole are sewn together for sure, but i don't know if an adhesive has also been used. There's some pics on my sale post:http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=252411

I've bought the Eiger folk and will receive them in a few days, so hopefully i'll be able to tell you what the differences are!

This might be unrelated but what is size are thom browne shirts if you wear a visvim medium? I got measurements for tb shirts but they are confusing when compared to visvim which im assuming is the difference in cut.

im wearing size s for the shirts and sz 2 for tb. tb fits slimmer and longer tho

Does anybody here own the highwater chino?

I am not sure how these are supposed to fit. Medium fits, but very snug. It looks waay too shrunken for my size. Large fits loose around the waist. I have to cinch up the waist to the max/ wear a belt to make it fit properly. I think the length is perfect as it falls right on top of my ankles. Is it ok to wear this a little baggy?

I am about 5'10, 165 pounds if that matters at all.

Think everyone has a pair of highwaters.

IMO, they are cut for taller folks. I'm closer to 5'9, 140. Have a pair in medium, and they are slim in the thighs (biking) but I have to cinch in the waist. The hem ends up falling a bit above my ankle. In most of the Visvim lookbooks you see the models with pencil thin legs and the highwater's length ending way up the shin. In my mind their build is closer to 6'x, 130, wearing medium.

It's up to you if you want them a bit baggy. Personally, I'd rather they have a bit shorter inseam. (but that's why they sell Higherwater Chinos)

Thanks for the feedback. I guess my question is somewhat rhetorical as I already picked up a size Large. I think I am just a bit nervous about buying chinos for 300+. Haha

To be clear, I am more worried about the fit around the waist. I am just not used to cinching up the back so much. The fit is straight slim, but def not as skinny as the models in visvim's catalogue. The Medium fits tight around the waist and it looks really small on me. I think I made the right decision...

You guys have any pics of it inaction/ being worn?