Burton Idiom Gear

I'm looking to buy some Idiom gear. I was thinking about buying the steezy '06 2.5 L jacket (purple) and pants (granite or black) for next season. Before I do so has anyone seen what the 2007 line will look like? Can some post some pictures? I'll ask the Burton store in NYC to order me the 07 gear if any of it looks hot. Man, I hope they do something like the '04 Idiom IDot gear again. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ken

2.5: white with black dots, grey with white dots, black with white dots

3: black with white pin-stripe, white with black pin-stripe, grey with white pin-stripe

down: see 3

light insulator jkt: see 2.5

--

The purple 2.5 is much more of a sight as those childish dots will be everywhere in the fall.

Too many people talk too much about too many things they know too little about.

Thanks guys. I somehow managed to find all these pics today online on some Japanese website for the 07 Idiom gear. I personally might get the 2.5L (black with white dots) jacket. Doing the whole polka dots jacket AND pants seems a little too much. Even though it might be played out this coming winter it just reminds me so much of the jacket that got away (04 IDot Idiom jacket).

My friend is hooked up with Burton so he was already rocking the white pin stripe 3L 07 Idiom gear 1 1/2 months ago. Kids on the mountain thought he was Shaun White. It was hilarious.

As for the Idiom purple 06 2.5L jacket it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it. I only know of 2 places to get it and it will both run close to $450-500 for the jacket. Furthermore, one place will require me to start speaking in Japanese. Anyone know of any place I can get this jacket for cheaper?

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

Idiom 2007 was worn by the US Snowboarding Team in the last Olympics.

--- Original message by Roland on Apr 11, 2006 10:53 AM

just to clarify... the outfits worn by the US snowboarding team were custom designs by Burton and not Idiom. the Olympic outfits were baseball inspired and the pinstripes were an alternating red and blue pinstripe (made out of small dots rather than a solid line) with vintage baseball style embroideries and complete with Audex technology.

Thanks a lot Herd. I would say I went all out. I even contacted Burton rider services for a list of dealers who ordered the jacket (surprised they found me a list) and called them all up to no avail. I still think it is an awesome jacket. The first picture ain't that great. Maybe I'll finally cave in pay a premium for it. Enjoy!

22_2.jpeg

34693%3C%3B99%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3237%3E897%3E975%3EWSNRCG%3D323368%3B844539nu0mrj

Edited by big_apple_ken on Apr 27, 2006 at 08:49 PM