Supreme 2010 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gf bought the Leopard Trooper and the thing is huge, looks super cheap, and feels like some shit from the mall. I can't be the only person disappointed in the quality...

I'm totally underwhelmed by the Trooper. Agree with your description - what a waste :mad:

Should have waited for the trail cap..

i'm with rhythm - in same interview jebbia says they're still tied up on the current model. i could see it going inline if supreme launched it all jazzed up and sb just did plainer ones, but otoh i haven't visited this mythical estreet in a while.

btw great that supreme got nike sb to go along with their dumb "ends in 8" price scheme.

unrelatedly, i'm glad that ssur is going to partner with black scale so you can have two brands that people in new york barely care about operating out of the same storefront.

speaking of black scale, i'm kind of amazed that black scale is a thing. i used to talk to mega back when he worked at huf years ago and i'd stop in to buy shoes. he was a nice enough guy, but i can't imagine that the doof who used to sweep the curb on sutter is the same guy who actually founded a viable apparel brand.

is there a streetwear equivalent to sandhill road, full of vc money and business advisors who know what they're doing?

oh, i don't hate black scale - i actually think i have a t-shirt of theirs somewhere. this was obviously before they redesigned their webshop to make it difficult to find anything to buy (i just checked).

i'm totally happy to see whatever untraceable money that keeps funding ssur gets spread around.

as for pauly d - OH YEAH, BLACK SCALE YEAH

I've never taken anything I hear as 100% gospel, but its unprecedented for a brand to make an entirely new shoe with Nike and then have total ownership of the model. Not saying it couldnt happen, just seems unlikely.

Supreme has been the beta-test for new SB models that eventually see a wide release in more basic colorways. I dont see why this would be any different, regardless of James Jebbia's PR story in honeyee about them or the fact that they followed trend and kept it simple out of the gate.