Sign in to follow this  
Kasper

hong kong tokyo shopping opinion

is it me or more than half the brands you guys listed are way more cheaper in the US than both hong kong and tokyo?

Edited by DaBestSpoona on May 11, 2006 at 05:44 AM

asian brands are cheaper. for american brands, in give or take.. most of the times its equivalent. HK got no sales tax tho.

EXIT is dope!they sell stuff like montage,fiberops,GDC,silas,fringer cross,underground,fred perry,madfoot,ubiqand levi's.and the sales people are really nice!

check out double park too at time square.they sale mostly skate brands like emerica,zoo york,carhart,vans,obey,etc....

Going to HK in June. What about finding brands like:

Supreme

Undercover

W(Taps

+ vintage Polo (80's) & Lyle & Scott. Also camogear & varsityjackets.

Also heard that Mongkok is good for sneaker business.. any info on that?

'In a war of revolutionary character, guerrilla operations are a necessary part.'

- Mao Tse-tung

:/ No need to answer on my question above. Info provided already. Thx anyway!

'In a war of revolutionary character, guerrilla operations are a necessary part.'

i was wondering what places you can buy jeans at in hk?

it doesn't have to be expensive brands like evisu, it can just be anything....any brand.

i'm especially looking for faded jeans, or just any stylish jeans that young ppl in hk would wear.

it's also important that i can actually try the jeans on. i wouldn't want to buy jeans without trying them on.

it should also be reasonably priced, like around $150-200 hkd i would say.

i was thinking of Apple Shop in hk, where they sell jeans.

but i'm not familiar with what types of jeans they sell, or if their styles suit hk young ppls' taste.

Edited by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 at 12:41 AM

You would not go far with 150-200 honkie jeans. Apple Shop carries the brand called Texwood, they are like 300-350hkd, made from US denim.

Go to Lai Chi Kok area in Kowloon, look around, there is a lot of cheap jeans there in small shops all over the place.

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

Quote:

i was wondering what places you can buy jeans at in hk?

it doesn't have to be expensive brands like evisu, it can just be anything....any brand.

i'm especially looking for faded jeans, or just any stylish jeans that young ppl in hk would wear.

it's also important that i can actually try the jeans on. i wouldn't want to buy jeans without trying them on.

it should also be reasonably priced, like around $150-200 hkd i would say.

i was thinking of Apple Shop in hk, where they sell jeans.

but i'm not familiar with what types of jeans they sell, or if their styles suit hk young ppls' taste.

Edited by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 at 12:41 AM

--- Original message by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 12:32 AM

aside from apple shop, you could try and hit up giordano. they have moderately priced clothes. they have an arrangement of jeans in different cuts and fades. also bossini and baleno too. you can find those stores everywhere.

Giordano Bossini Baleno - yes, good option for classic basis looking jeans, but they look just what they worth. For cheap jeans "with a twist" I suggest to go to Lai Chi Kok and walk in circles around MTR station

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

i thought jeans in giordano/bossini/baleno are really plain looking?

or are their jean styles better now?

how about department stores? jusco, uno, etc.

maybe it's better to buy jeans in the US instead?

nah they got better washes now. nothin i'd wear tho. just check yourself when you're in HK, it's not like you can't avoid a giordano/bossini/baleno. they're everywhere. dunno bout those dept stores you're talkin bout but most dept stores are pricey. i'd try uniqlo. also the markets like the ladies market and temple street, they got tons of cheap jeans there in a variety of washes. i think on temple street there's one pretty big denim store that's in the 2nd block from where the night market starts.

if you're just lookin for regular jeans, it's cheaper to buy in HK.. but stuff that's imported from europe and america is a bit more pricey.

problem is you can't try on jeans in ladies market and temple street.

but yeah i'll check out giordano/bossini for jeans.