Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Thought I'd share Gun's update. Straight cut, #1 denim (SC40400), #1 selvage pocket material, plain back pockets, double stitched selvage coin pocket - in the making. Really fast service, just ordered a couple days ago.

DSC_0031-w8001.jpg?t=1298657234

14 1/2 oz selvage pocket material

DSC_0055-w8001.jpg?t=1298657441

and, here they are - man, that pocket material would make a nice pair of jeans

DSC_0058-w8001.jpg?t=1298658265

Thought I'd share Gun's update. Straight cut, #1 denim (SC40400), #1 selvage pocket material, plain back pockets, double stitched selvage coin pocket - in the making. Really fast service, just ordered a couple days ago.

DSC_0031-w8001.jpg?t=1298657234

14 1/2 oz selvage pocket material

DSC_0055-w8001.jpg?t=1298657441

and, here they are - man, that pocket material would make a nice pair of jeans

DSC_0058-w8001.jpg?t=1298658265

Fitpics?:D

Hey M1stral - I don't think it's a stupid question; maybe cause I was thinking the same thing:) It's Sanforized and I don't do Sanforized but when the jeans arrive, I'll take a look and let you know; or, ask Gun. Hoping it's not too heavy for pocket material - if so, it will show a constant imprint through the denim - will see.

Hey blackmaged - I went with Gun's recommendation of sizing up 1 in the waist and 2 in length. It's a bit confusing - saying #1 and #2 will shrink up to 10% and not knowing if his posted measurements are shrink to or from posted. I have a pair of Rainbow Okis and they stretch 1 - 1 1/2 inches with wear after I wash them so I figure it will work out eventually. I'll post pre and post soak measurements when I receive the jeans in a week in two.

People who have been wearing these for a while:

Does the sugar cane fibers ever stop being pokey? Haha.

Just got mine in and have to wait till Saturday to do a soak, but I've gotta say, these things are pokey as hell.

Will post plenty of pictures of the jeans maybe next week.

This looks fantastic. love what you are doing, gun.

I'm working on a couple of pairs at the moment, but after that, I am sorely, sorely tempted by a pair of Straight Fit in #1 denim with custom arcs, red tab, wreath/union buttons, and a slight taper. That's like my perfect jean right there.

so how exactly does ordering a pair of these work? can they be 100% customized with different denim pocket bags patches rivets and buttons? Do they have just stock pairs? Company seems awesome and the jeans look great id like to get into a pair jw what the deal is.

Thanks

Gonna post about a dozen pics, so get ready.

First, measurements and fit.

Measurements: (presoak / postsoak [after 3 wears])

Waist: (31.5in / 32in)

Inseam: (30.5in / 29.5in)

Front rise: (9.5in / 9in)

Seat: (14in / 14in)

Knee [11in from crotch]: (8in / 7.5in)

_MG_6485.jpg

_MG_6476.jpg

_MG_6540.jpg

Now some process pics. I did a 1 hour soak at the highest temperature my shower could produce. I raised the waistline out of the water at 30 minutes to prevent overshrinkage.

Package contents

_MG_6390.jpg

Extra hardware

_MG_6378.jpg

Tag

_MG_6359.jpg

Top button detail

_MG_6351.jpg

Soaking

_MG_6411.jpg

Raised waistline out of water to prevent overshrinkage

_MG_6428.jpg