Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Guest artistdenim
I did, but which company is it? so i can put the tracking number in.

tracking number will work once package arrived in US, thailand tracking post can't trace it due to stupid system:(

Hey Gun - received the swatch today - Cool Denim - how are you coming with the new cut?

Hi Lance, it's good to hear that you received em:)

I just made some change on pattern, sample should be avaiable once i'm back in thailand, I'll stay in Melbourne for a week I think:rolleyes:

Guest artistdenim

I left Australia since I'm 15, it has been about 9 years, after nine years in bangkok, my sense of weather has changed man, when ever it is less than 20C it's cold for me :)

but as you say, it's sunny out there, today is a G'day :)

Guest artistdenim
I'm so impahient waiting for mines to arrive, also getting a angelos wallet to go with it

hope they arrived soon:D

I am back in Thailand now, straight cut and regular cut won't be out yet, tailor said that I am too picky, they don't want to work for me anymore, stupid stuff.

anyway, I will meet with another tailor soon.

if anybody would like to make a purchase or need a swatch card, please feel free to ask, I hope that I can serve all of you;)

Got mine on Monday. Thanks Gun!

Tag 32.

Pre wash fit pics.

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

Tonnes of space in the waist

DSC02241.jpg>

Slightly altered acruates (I went for the SelfEdge style).

DSC02246.jpg

Delicious green water (which turned blue after a emptied it).

DSC02250.jpg

Pre wash measurements.

waist: 90cm

thigh: 31.5

front rise: 25

back rise: 37.5

knee (33cm down form crotch): 21.5

hem: 19

Measurements post 3 hour hot soak and hot was with 1 hour in the dryer.

waist: 86cm

thigh: 30

front rise: 24

back rise: 36.5

knee (33cm down form crotch): 20

hem: 18

Fit pics after 1 week of wear (decreased contrast and increased brightness so you can see the fit). I wish the waist measurement was 1 inch smaller, but everything else is spot on.

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

The denim on these is simply amazing! It's much more irregular than PBJ, but not as slubby. It has a wonderful colour, like no denim I have ever seen before! Those scared off by the thigh measurements should be settled by what I've posted above, and hence shouldn't um and ah any longer! Cop cop cop!

Guest KoCHiRO1985
hope they arrived soon:D

I am back in Thailand now, straight cut and regular cut won't be out yet, tailor said that I am too picky, they don't want to work for me anymore, stupid stuff.

anyway, I will meet with another tailor soon.

if anybody would like to make a purchase or need a swatch card, please feel free to ask, I hope that I can serve all of you;)

well comeback here Gun:D

Guest artistdenim

There has been many complaint about arcuate stitching so I tried remove them backward from a sample pair.

Now I can undone them for you with little trace behind, you may still see a little bit of it but it won't be notify if you aren't looking closely.

I will get a fit pics tomorrow without the arcuate, it will give a better idea what it will look like.

this service will be offered as well, I will be really pleased to help with anything I can :)

p.s. Sorry for blurry pictures, it's 3.30 in here, I can't get the accurate light exposure

dsc0155e.jpg

dsc0163xu.jpg

Guest artistdenim

I see that you'd made up your mind

They could arrived at any time by now Binh :)

as I said before, if any of you don't like the arcs, I can remove them for you with leaving little trace behind, here's example of one ;)

dsc01672z.jpg

Guest artistdenim

I've got a size exchange from 26 to 28 in my mail box this morning but there is no sender's name on it.

if you've seen this please contact me, verify the shipping address and name that you sent, so that I can ship it back.

thank you

Guest artistdenim
Hey Gun any progress on the straight fit? Found another tailor?

I'm working on pattern again now, the leg opening of true 34-35 should be around to 8.5 on straight and 9.5 on regular when they are raw

hopefully, pattern will be finish by next week so that I can test the sample ;D

package & swatch card shipped :)

dsc0182f.jpg

Here's my 3 months one wash:fu:

dsc0235cm.jpg

Fit pics from alzheimiray, such a nice fit

13506986.jpg59427367.jpg

98336450.jpg70963312.jpg

and my gf is with me today, so i asked her to take a fit pics without arcs, hope this help :)

dsc0220e.jpg

dsc0221version2.jpg

Hey guys...I'm back and just checked on all the latest posts.

I can understand the arcuate discussion, but don't like the altered versions much. No back pocket stitching robs the jeans of an integral part of their identity, there are so many brands who already do that.

The altered versions, with 50% removed in two "modes"-well, for those who prefer it, why not. I'll keep mine in the way they were made for sure.

Still absolutely love the fit on Aong_sk. I propose he should get a prize for the best fit, unless something really "big" happens in the further course of events. Alzheimirays fit is nice as well.

And these jeans are a bitch to fade, no?

Guest artistdenim

thank you lance!

here's what I did today

I got a called a few days ago about a sewing machine that I want, The store found what I'm looking for.

I've seen a lot of new thing today, I brought my camera with me figuring that I should share this exciting experience with all of you!

First thing that I saw when I went in store is a really hugh union machine, about 80cm tall I think, use for leather.

dsc0324s.jpg

dsc0320vf.jpg

dsc0325q.jpg

I asked for the machine that I want, they said that I'd need a drive to pick it up so I keep looking around asking miserable newbie question

the seller got bored of me for keep asking so he showed me "pegasus" serge machine L32-86, 5 stitch only for jean, still in a very nice condition, this is in my wishlist

dsc0284re.jpg

dsc0285v.jpg

dsc0286ri.jpg

and I asked for a single stitch machine, asking him another newbie question whether I should use the old singer machine or what other machine shall I use so he showed me this Juki machine, hmmmm.

dsc0288mf.jpg

It's late and It's hot so we better pick up my future machine

on the way to his car I saw cross-stitch machines, lots of them :D

dsc0300lz.jpg

dsc0301e.jpg

Guest artistdenim

So I'm arrived, look around and asking more newbie question

and I saw this Juki machine, serge I think? there were so many, I kind of forget which is which

dsc0305f.jpg

and really old Union machine, totally forgot what they do, shame on me

dsc0306r.jpg

I keep looking around, being miserable and I found this Durkopp machine, so beautiful, I think I fall in love.

dsc0304c.jpg

dsc0303d.jpg

dsc0302e.jpg

And here come my machine, Union special 43200, chain stitch machine, logo has been a little bit off, original color, original part, work like tank.

the seller at first said to me that he wouldn't sell it, they are in a really good contain, he want to collect it but I give him an offer he can't refuse, most of you know what i just did right? if not, I gave him my best offer ;D

dsc0308d.jpg

dsc0311cu.jpg

there is a sewing machine fixer in Thailand name Tee said that "This union machine is a really old american sewing machine that used to sew American military cloth the time that they fight Nazi solider" he also said this machine is use on "Batman" while Piper sewing catwoman suit. He also said that this machine is first import in Thailand to sew chain-stitch in Wranger jean.

I give credit "Mr.Tee-chopchop", thank you sir

seller is attaching it to a sewing table, there aren't many pictures on this because I was so exciting and asking lots and lots of question.

Sewing was hard as first but after a few tried, I think I'd be fine with it, chugging thread is really hard though.

The paddle is left legged user, I swap them right legged user.

the seller of this machine and his friend also sad that there are many Japanese buyer are looking for this machine.

so I decided to take this, they will double check on the machine.

dsc0315hz.jpg

Guest artistdenim

before I got home I asked them to try Juki single stitch machine, these are really nice, I might pick it up later.

dsc0327s.jpg

dsc0331i.jpg

dsc0326tv.jpg

dsc0330n.jpg

so the machine will arrive to my house tomorrow morning, I'll keep you guys updated!

I took my artists (which is what I call these jeans by now) to Lake Como

in Northern Italy, which I simply find one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places.

The first two pics show me -and the jeans- gazing at the lake, and since you can't see much of it, the third shows you the scenery. The last one gives you the church on a mountain that I climbed up to, not a daring alpinist expedition, but no simple stroll either. Sadly, the view from up there was no good when I finally made it (all haze and mist)- can always happen to you in the mountains.

fzc4ua.jpg

91cr2s.jpg

zv64qf.jpg

11si0zp.jpg

Gun, please what is a "noob" question? You keep using this term-is it some slang I've missed to pick up, is it -perhaps- a persistent typo?