Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

Guest artistdenim

501cult : he got size 30 ;)

arcanum : i am working on it, sample should be ready soon:)

nice fit from nattaky:eek:

33777092917644189201.jpg08745454534521762233.jpg

AD Slim Fit W31"

Actual waist 33"

So I received mine, and loved them very much indeed, with one sole, but decisive exception: I sized wrong. I wanted them to fit really snug, and the recommended (by the very master of artistdenim, Gun) W 29 turned out to be too optimistic, or perhaps too much with an Asian physique in mind.

I'm really mad that I have to return them and can't wear them immediately. The fabric is great, just what a hardcore denim freak loves, tough, even somewhat rough/scratchy due to the cane fibre content. Cut and make are excellent and on a level with the very top products of the premium denim range. What I love most perhaps is the hue of the natural indigo. Obviously one has to wait and see for the fading properties, but the promise here is top-notch as well. My hands had some exciting dirty blue on them just from trying the (darn!) too tight pair on.

Incidentally, Gun is most cooperative and forthcoming with the return/exchange, which is much appreciated. If only the wait for the sized up pair would'nt be so long !!! Somebody tell me about some psycho tricks to cope with my impatience, please!

Anyone else thinks that the back pocket stitching looks like a pair of shears? :eek: No hate, just saying. Can't wait for the straight cut to be out!!! 170 is a very reasonable price for what you are getting. My next, albeit unwarranted pair, definitely. :D

Anyone else thinks that the back pocket stitching looks like a pair of shears? :eek: No hate, just saying. Can't wait for the straight cut to be out!!! 170 is a very reasonable price for what you are getting. My next, albeit unwarranted pair, definitely. :D

agreed, plus it's kinda loud, but i'ma plan to unstitch most

of it

My association to the unusual back pocket design is oars, as in rudders for rowing. Makes me think of the Oxford/Cambridge boat race.

They do take quite a bit of getting used to, but alone out of respect for the design of the entire jeans, I sure would not think of of unstitching.

Just got my jeans and they are amazing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up this weekend. My pre-soak fit was about what other people's were. Definitely not too tight, sizing down 2 was good advice.

Really impressed though. The BiG measurements for my pair, size 28, pre-soak were:

waist: 15.75

rise: 9

back 14.5

thigh: 11

knee: 7.75

leg: 7

inseam: 35

I'll post my post-soak measurements tomorrow.

Guest artistdenim

the truth is I never heard of shears before:confused:

and I'm working on straight cut, hope that you will like

My association to the unusual back pocket design is oars, as in rudders for rowing. Makes me think of the Oxford/Cambridge boat race.

They do take quite a bit of getting used to, but alone out of respect for the design of the entire jeans, I sure would not think of of unstitching.

thanks dude, always love reading your comment ;)

Just got my jeans and they are amazing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up this weekend. My pre-soak fit was about what other people's were. Definitely not too tight, sizing down 2 was good advice.

Really impressed though. The BiG measurements for my pair, size 28, pre-soak were:

back 14.5

really glad that you like em :)

p9020003.jpg

p9020002.jpg

p9020004.jpg

:)

Guest artistdenim
sir can you give us some idea when the straight cut will be available ?i cant wait !!!!!

I'm working on straight cut right now, pattern should be finish really soon, then produce the sample pair to see how the pattern look in real life.

Gun, since everybody is asking about your new cuts... :-)

what other crazy fabric have you got in store? or is that confidential

right now, I'm only working on hand dye denim, however, I can get a hand of variety kind of denim, hopefully I could provide variety of denim in the future :)

new cutting is coming soon :D

yeap, working on it;)

post soak measurements were:

waist: 15

back 14

thigh: 10.75

knee: 7.5

leg: 6.75

inseam: 34.5

sorry I can't get pics up right now, bu the jeans are really great.

back 14.5

Guest artistdenim
Hopefully the rise is not too low on your straight leg pair :)

keep us updated!

Hand dyed denim is perfect, don't change! And, I agree ^, hope the rise on the new cut isn't too low. Jeans look great, looking forward to ordering a pair.

I'll make sure about the rise, what do you suggest?:D

completely agree,

i received a denim sample yesterday, and witnessing the denim in real life was amazing.

decided to take a few snapshots, these pictures probably don't even do the denim justice.

thank for sharing man :)

Surprisingly the progression from this hand dyed denim is quite fast. Really tempted now.

:eek:

post soak measurements were:

waist: 15

back 14

thigh: 10.75

knee: 7.5

leg: 6.75

inseam: 34.5

sorry I can't get pics up right now, bu the jeans are really great.

fit pics needed :rolleyes:

Swatch card has been shipped, 1 to NY, 1 to Australia, 3 to Singapore:eek:

dsc0002cc.jpg

dsc0001az.jpg

Guest artistdenim
^ Hey artistdenim - front rise on size 34 waist = 11 inches, vary up and down from there?

Hi Lance, thanks for the idea, 11inch is sure interesting, so it has to be a little longer since it will shrink:)