Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

It looks to be the same denim as the older, more expensive sc40400 (the uber Hawaii's), which had a more expensive fabric and higher natural indigo content (ie. 100%) than the now existing sc40401.

It looks to be the same denim as the older, more expensive sc40400 (the uber Hawaii's), which had a more expensive fabric and higher natural indigo content (ie. 100%) than the now existing sc40401.

yes, i'm comparing with my sc40400

This pic is not mine tho..

sc1kbo.jpg

sc2dd.jpg

The verdict is Artist Denim is offering an incredible item for the price of peanuts

^ Those 100% natural indigo dyed denim Sugar Cane used to use are the stuff of legends!!! (I have the sc40300, the denim on which I prefer to the sc40400 denim, but both are absolutely incredible - like 99.5 vs 99 out of 100).

If any other brand were to make them now, the pricing would be similar to the Oni natural indigo jeans released a while ago.

I congratulate Artist Denim in sourcing this marvellous fabric - but I've always thought Sugar Cane co-developed the fabric, and would likely want it to be a company exclusive?

Guest artistdenim

you guy know the deal, I have nothing else to say :)

size exchange sent!

jean sent!

Swatch card sent!

and corporalclegg, I need your postcode, can't ship your swatch card out :(

img0073ow.jpg

img00744.jpg

Guest artistdenim
good job , artist

thank you platinum;)

Hi

Just got the 'Artist denim' 4 days ago. The denim is produced in Thailand with the 14oz fabric from Nihon Menpu Mill Japan.

Here are details of the jeans.

- 100% natural indigo

- 50% Cotton 50% Sugarcane Fiber blend

- Right hand twilled

- Hand dyed

- Unsanforized / Slim Taper Fit

- 0.4 cm leather patch

- Selvedge pocket bag

- hidden rivet, selvedge coin pocket, rope lined belt loop

The denim is quite scratchy at the beginning and I hope it will be soften after some wears.

Here are some photos of the pre-soak jeans.

dsc2239.jpg

dsc2244.jpg

dsc2246.jpg

dsc2248.jpg

dsc2252.jpg

dsc2253.jpg

dsc2259.jpg

dsc2260.jpg

dsc2266t.jpg

found this post from 619 from sjforum.net

thank you 619

Looks like he sized down one too many
tight and small pockets
Totally disagree. I think the fit looks great. I could only hope for jeans of mine to fit that way. Plus of course there will be stretching during the wear-time. Perhaps even more than someone who likes his jeans tight would like.
haha:)

actually, I like his fit;)

20100102_9dd1c5a65dab3db77af6auVnHZllgCbL.jpg

Thanks for all comments. I know since the bigining that it will be a bit too tight for me, so I am working in progress trying to loose weight around 5kg. Hope I can make it happens soon. :)

Cheers

thanks Gun, got your package and here are some pictures as well as comments..

R1001066.jpg

R1001067.jpg

R1001070.jpg

R1001071.jpg

denim is very nice. and like dawei had said, it is very very similar to sugar cane sc40400 denim, in terms of texture and feel of it. very impressive i must say. other than that, the leather patch is pretty thick as well although i would say i will prefer the ROY patch. but for 170USD, it is price is pretty good for something of this make with such amazing packaging.

Guest artistdenim
wow looks good, whats the measurements for a 30?:)

thank you, you can check the measurement on www.artistdenimonline.com:)

that denim looks so comfortable.....

at first it is a little hard, after a while it is really soft:)

Thanks for all comments. I know since the bigining that it will be a bit too tight for me, so I am working in progress trying to loose weight around 5kg. Hope I can make it happens soon. :)

Cheers

hope so dude:rolleyes:

thanks Gun, got your package and here are some pictures as well as comments..

R1001066.jpg

R1001067.jpg

R1001070.jpg

R1001071.jpg

denim is very nice. and like dawei had said, it is very very similar to sugar cane sc40400 denim, in terms of texture and feel of it. very impressive i must say. other than that, the leather patch is pretty thick as well although i would say i will prefer the ROY patch. but for 170USD, it is price is pretty good for something of this make with such amazing packaging.

thanks man, hope we can work this out:)

Guest artistdenim
Really quick fit pics, I'll post better fit pics during daylight tomorrow. these are post soak, I could've easily gone to a 29 but i love how these fit at 30.

IMG_0028.jpg

that is nice fit, after you shrink the jean, top block will shrink and will fit you perfect!

and is that watermelon and melon? :P

also here is some fit pics from Rob

imagepmg.jpg

imageixl.jpg

imagegh.jpg

Well - how I shall I put this....... You're not suggesting they should pull their heads up and their jeans down, are you? :D

kijkub

how much shrinking did you get?

so far i've done 1 hot soak for 2 hrs with denim inside out, then left in the sun to dry for 4 hrs.

sadly the only shrinking i got was in the waist, front rise and back rise, all about 0.5 inch. thighs knees and hem remain the same =/

pre soak :

waist- 30

front rise - 9.5

back rise - 14.5

thigh - 10

knees - 7.5

leg opening - 6.5

inseam - 33.5

post soak:

waist- 29.5

front rise - 9

back rise - 14

thigh - 10.5 (it got wider!?)

knees - 7.5

leg opening - 6.5

inseam - 31.5

will try another hot soak without flipping the jeans inside out... hope it shrinks more =(

num21lock, Mine is 30" in Sizetag,

Pre soak :

waist - 33" a

inseam i hemmto 34"

other measurement i didn't do it.

Lastest, 3rd hot soak for 1.30hrs (inside out) and put in clothes dryer for about 2 hrs

Waist - 31.5"

inseam - 31"

thigh - 11"

leg opening - 7"

Guest artistdenim
Well - how I shall I put this....... You're not suggesting they should pull their heads up and their jeans down, are you? :D

yeah man, I think we should start a new way of taking fit pic maybe you should go first, I shall follow:p

by the way, Rob and DoitsuJin also wear the same tee:eek:

Great fit!!!

DoitsuJin & Rob , i love this style

show us some of your pics!;)

This is the best i can get after trying to shrink it as i lost some weight after pre-ordered. With 3 hot soaks and 1 Clothes dryer.

image.php?id=0FD8_4C7B3DA0&jpg

image.php?id=D7E7_4C7B3DA0&jpg

great fit dude