comic book movies

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Jeff Parker isn't on the payroll for X-Men First Class. It will be curious to see how much of his work and effort they mined out. It certainly trumps Tobin's.

Maybe this is the wrong thread. They won't ever do it, but an adaptation of Dan Clowes' Mr Wonderful, would be just that : Wonderful.

Man there's alot. I would love to see The Marquis done well as a film.

fuck me. i'm booking my imax tickets asap.

*okaaay, it's apparently not showing on imax. LAME.

chanting reminds me of lazarus pit --> ra's al ghul in this film or maybe even talia?

i can see nolan bringing it all back to BB.

agree 100%

talia = cotillard?

plus bane has a significant connection to ra's in the books so...

now see, that right there is enough for me - but they're still to show catwoman. still not happy about hathaway being cast - but i think she'll be a sort-of azreal replacement in THE story (without the responsibility). In which case i'd be fine with it.

it'd be awesome if azreal were actually in it, but if they did, the movie would be like 4 hours.

#rambling

wait, wait, wait

real confusion now.

way too much shit going on in this movie.

ok.

marion cotillard is playing Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member

JGL is a some beat cop

apparently, Josh Pence is playing young Ra's

now, most bamboozlingly for me,

**POSSIBLE SPOILERSSSSS**

a new synopsis confirms Hugo Strange is the villian

/SPOILER*******

erm, wtf?

the only way i could see this working is, that him and bane are the same person in the movie. alter ego steez.

I'm kind of worried about this movie now.

way too many characters already surely.

Either it's really fucking long, or a lot of the characters aren't going to get enough screentime.

hope Bats doesn't become a sideshow in his own movie again.

• 3 weeks later...

lets talk about x-men first class. dont read the rest of this post if you dont want SPOILERS or whatever.

would start by saying it clearly wasn't the best movie and seemed to stagger on for a while. It seemed like the movie didn't even need anybody else other than magneto and xavier honestly - it just kinda detracted elsewhere even though you'd expect to see more lasers and shit. Had some good campy comic moments (focusing on darwin when talking about slavery was great), but still far from being as epic of a comic book movie that they wanted.

havok's power looked retarded. I liked the effects they did for darwin, though i wonder if hes gonna be around anymore - even though his choice of character was kinda dumb in the first place.

the scene with emma frost's neck getting crushed kinda looked bad. i think they could've done her diamond form better. beast looks better this iteration i think, haha. his voice was too soft spoken still tho. needs that beast gruff.

I think the looney part was that kevin bacon's cronies didn't say shit the entire part. dude just shows up in a suit throwing tornadoes out of a submarine lol

at least i still hold out hope for a good deadpool movie

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Green Lantern was ok. Not as bad as I had anticipated. I thought Ryan Reynolds played a really good Hal Jordan, but I'm not a diehard fan of the books, so I can't say just how accurate of a performance it was. The special affects were cool and the way in which he dealt with the evil force at the end was cool. Loved the scale of the combat and action.

It's too bad these films have to be treated as such huge blockbuster events. Comics are like anything else. If you're into them, you are probably very discerning within your tastes. Good work in the medium is generally very high quality, whatever the genre or content. Any poor treatment on the big screen will neither go uncriticized nor be appreciated.

My own case in point, I finally took the time to watch True Grit. Now, when someone announces a fucking Jonah Hex film in the works, that is the kind of shit I am going to hope for and, despite the track record, expect.

green lantern currently at 24% on rottentomatoes

i'm still gonna watch it.

:(

It is not that bad. it is a solid movie. I'm guessing what most people are complaining about was how Ryan Reynolds was a bit funny while Hal Jordan is a more serious character. Also, the dialogue between Ryan and Blake went bad at times.

PS: anyone know what song that was that was playing while Ryan and Blake were dancing in at the bar?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...