hej stockholm!

souljah

i`m going to stockholm early july for 4 days and it´s been ages since i`ve been there the last time. could you hook me up with your advices concerning cool record/clothing shops and bars/restaurants/clubs to hang out at night?

tack sa mycket!

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd bump this topic—I'm visiting Stockholm for a few days in June, staying in Södermalm. I've read through several guides, including the Time Out guide, but I'm interested to hear what others have to say: where are the local designers, under-the-radar galleries, etc.? And where's the best coffee in town?

Best record store for underground dance music is Fade Records at skånegatan in södermalm. Best pop/rock music store is Pet sounds also located at skånegatan. best coffe is served at sosta at jakobsbergsgatan in östermalm. The local designers are at Neu (nytorgsgatan 36 also södermalm) & Tjalla Malla (Bondegatan 46, Södermalm), The Hornstull Street Market is well worth a visit, its kind of like a miniature Camden minus the raver/hippie vibe.

If you´re in to streetwear the best shops are:

Beneath (S:t eriksg. 48 a, Kungsholmen),

Jiv & Boutique Sportif (Renstiernas gata 26, Södermalm),

Nitty Gritty (Krukmakargatan 26, Södermalm)

Best clubs for this summer: (Trädgården, Klara Sjö, City/Kungsholmen) & F12 (Fredsgatan 12, City)

i dont have time to write anymore now, i have to go to work, but see you in stockholm!

I dont stink, but Im quite shure my jeans do.

Edited by lilldavid on May 30, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Ok now Im back to write some more.

For jeans check out SOLO. there are two stores, one at norrmalmstorg which is in city & one in the västermalms galleria in Kungsholmen. Also check out Weekday on Götgatsbacken in Södermalm & at Hötorget. All four of these stores carry brands like Nudie, Cheap Monday, Acne, Levis Vintage, Lee Originals, Wrangler Blue Bell & Edwin.

Another very nice store is Sivletto. They specialize in fifties memorabilia and Rockabilly clothing. the shop is also a café.

My absolute favorite bar is Nada (Åsögatan 140, Södermalm).

The different stores websites:

http://www.sivletto.com

http://www.solo.se

http://www.weekday.se

http://www.tjallamalla.com

http://www.jivsweden.com

http://www.sportif.se

http://www.nittygritty.se

http://www.streetinstockholm.se

http://www.aworldbeneath.com

enjoy!

I dont stink, but Im quite shure my jeans do.

thanks man...

i`m staying at the scandic continental, right opposite of central station...guess it`s not too far from gamla stan and all the cool stores and museums. are there any cool clubs/bars to hang out (guess there are tons of tourist places in GS)...

thx again!

thanks man...

i`m staying at the scandic continental, right opposite of central station...guess it`s not too far from gamla stan and all the cool stores and museums. are there any cool clubs/bars to hang out (guess there are tons of tourist places in GS)...

thx again!

Well, summertime in Stockholms means terrace! I'll list the best ones!

Trädgården - Indie with electronic and hiphop floor! (Flemingsgatan 1)

F12 - Hipsters! Good looking people! My favorite place! (Fredsgatan 12)

Berns - A tad older crowd but still good! (Berzelii Park)

Cafe Opera - Feel like spending cash? This is the place! (The Opera House)

Spy Bar - Super Hipster since they changed ther concept! This one is a must! ( Birger Jarlsgatan 20 )

Just holla here att Supertalk if you need a guide! Whoo!

i dont think anyone mentioned monkeybizz (www.monkeybizz.se) take the subway to skanstull. they have streetwear like mischka, pegleg, bay icon and there own brand.. and a lot of other stuff. also beyond retro (www.beyondretro.se) on åsögatan 144, take the subway to medborgarplatsen. great vintage store.

oh and jus (www.jus.se) which is next to cali on brunnsgatan (www.caliroots.se) which is parallel to kungsgatan.

edit: forgot to mention a new store called fest i stan on bondegatan, just take the subway to medborgarplatsen.. they got some vintage clothing and some levis big E and stuff. really nice people.

oh, you should also visit carin westers own store at rörstrandsgatan 40. take the subway to st. eriksplan to get there.

if you like vintagedenim you should visit damaged goods on birkagatan 14 as well. also at st. eriksplan! there store is only open between 16-19 on weekdays though, and 12-16 on weekends.

theres more.. but its getting late. so some other time maybe!

Colthes: Beneath, Tjallamalla, Nitty Gritty, Adidas store @ brunogallerian, Weekday, Ruby. There's probably another million good places.. but that's atleast a few.

And for food/nightlife it pretty much depends on what you want.. I like Debaser.

thx for your kind help, one thing i forgot to ask you guys: are there any cool vegetarian/vegan restaurants in stockholm (nothing toooooo alternative please :-)

gonna check out most of the stores you mentioned, but my lady is also into the cultural aspect (which I`ve already finsihed during my last stays), so I`ve to spent some time for things like these as well...

thank you very much again, your help is appreciated!

there's one on katarina bangata in södermalm called chutney which is pretty good, other than that I dont know... there's an other one in södermalm whh is called hermans lilla gröna that has a great view but the food is shit

I'll be visiting stockholm at the end of july-begining of august and I was wondering if there are any cool places to do the whole smorgasbord experience. I read that smorgasbords originated in sweden and i want to do one while i'm there.

Also, does anybody know a good but relatively cheap way to visit some of the islands, or just take a general tour of the archipelago, i'd like to be able to get to an island in the morning and spend a day there and then go back in evening, but just a boat ride through the archipelago would be great, any suggestions?

i would,...but i'm going to Stockholm...which is not in Denmark, and I'm going to spend the whole time in Stockholm (again...not in Denmark) so are there any good dietary suggestions as far as where is good to eat, and what is good to eat in Stockholm...especially a good place for a smorgasbord?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm gonna be in Stockholm from Dec 3 to 7. Anything happening then? What is fellow superfuture-folk's recommendation for Stockholm in 72 hours in winter???

go to the new club Teatron on wednesday! its on regeringsgatan and wednesday is going to be mental!

Canadian dj Mathew Jonhson is coming to town to play one of his fantastic djsets... that is if youre into electronic dancemusic...

edit: forgot to mention a new store called fest i stan on bondegatan, just take the subway to medborgarplatsen.. they got some vintage clothing and some levis big E and stuff. really nice people.

!

those big E's are thai fakes by the way...

• 3 months later...

We stayed in the Nordic Light Hotel - absolutely awesome hotel.. couldn't recommend it enough. Right next door to the Arlanda airport express train, amazing lighting :eek:, and great staff.

Stockholm is fantastic for shopping - great to check out some Swedish fashion brands like J Lindeberg, Cheap Monday, Filippa K etc. The Urban Outfitters wins for best store layout - it is in a converted theatre that looks phenomenal. Department store NK is fantastic as well.

Dinner and drinks at Berns is definitely worth it - great asian food in a beautiful building. Hotellet was also worth a visit for dinner or drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Going there with my gf in a about 2 weeks... haven't been in over a year... any new hip stores / restaurants / clubs ?? i like the sodermalm vibe the best..

lildavid, you mentioned mathew jonson... i'm a big minimal tech fan, teatron is the place to go yea?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump....

doing europe mid next year for how ever long i want. Will be staying in Stockholm as a base (depending on if i like it) [a friend said it was really good].

Have started research, nightlife & all other areas.

What are the clubs like Laroy, F12, White Room like etc?

What would be the best area to live? (affordable and comfortable)

Thanks....