vacation advice superthread

eric2019

How the hell did this thread become "what are you doing this summer?"

jk... actually u guys give me ideas... thanks

Here's an idea for your road trip - fly to Berlin and drive all the way down through eastern Europe, ending in Istanbul.

im actually going to europe tour in two weeks... i made a thread about that a while back... i should bump it since the trips coming...

Definitely spend some time in Basel if you can, I'm there a lot for work and love the place, it'll also be a nice change in pace to the larger towns you're going to visit... As someone else has mentioned Lausanne is stunning and well worth the trek.

As for London, have a look at the Three Threads (www.thethreethreads.com) for something a bit different. I'd also rate a day trawling round the vintage stores in Notting Hill/Golbourne Road worth a week in the West End but don't miss Dover St. Market...

Forgot to mention, have an amazing time...

If you're into streetwear, defintely check out Patta. They have all the usual streetbrands and a couple others you might not see anywhere else. The staff are friendly and they'll help you find any other sneaker stores around there too.

Here's the address:

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 142

1012 SH Amsterdam

The Netherlands

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for bumping again, but the trip is next week and im really excited/nervous that i might miss something

So basicaly what im looking to do is find the key shops in london and paris and just relax everywhere else... just as some earlier posts suggested

as for Paris, Im staying near the louvre... so whats near by?

also, I want to be sure to hit the 45rpm store, is there anything near by that is a must see?

thanks again all

youve been extremely helpful

There are a lot of spots on your list that i would just skip over. to go most of these places for only 2 days is a waste of your time, as you will only get to tell people you were there, and not really find anything so special, unless you just luck in to it. It seems like your going to be spending a lot of your time travling to get to a new place, and never will have enough time to make it worth while.

You should just choose 3 places your really interested in off your list and go from there... IMO.

Have a great trip no matter what though man... best!

xcountry. thats what me and my cousin are planning to do. from LA to NY.

That's what I'm doing right now. Will report with pics about it later. Hopefully we find some safe dives to chow at down in the southern country.

Umm... red, you have space for another person for your trip? Right now it'd be cheaper to take a train.

In Florence (if you are still stopping there) - go to Il Latini for dinner - it is a tourist trap of a sort now (and most people should be able to direct you) but the food is still darn good. (now embracing myself for possible onslaught of criticism from the italians and the well traveled). enjoy your trip.

• 2 weeks later...
Whats up guys

From June 3rd to the 28th Illl be traveling through Europe on an already established route. I was just hoping you guys can suggest some must see shops, restaurants, or anything else. All the historic stuff will probably be covered as this is a tour, so anything else you think is a must would be appreciated. Heres my schedule:

June

4-5 London

6-8 Paris

9-10 Nice go to Corse instead ....

11-13 Cinque Terre

14-15 Rome

16-17 Florence

18 Venice

19-21 Interlaken

22-24 Munich go to Berlin

25- Bacharach go to Lisboa

26-27 Amsterdam

You really need to see Berlin and Lisboa....

I second that.

9:30 club has concerts.

Other than that, go to King St. in Alexandria, it's quite nice if you're not into the whole "PARTY PARTY PARTY" thing and just want to chill out.

Oh yes, word of advice: wear lots of North Face. It's very fashionable there.