vacation advice superthread

eric2019

Antigua for a weekin june, then in august i usually hit up vegas for a weekend, tradition i guess, been doing it for a while now. Wish i was going someplace further away but funds are not there.

Our Summer vacation in Australia has passed, I spent mine in Singapore x the Philippines.

But I have our mid year holiday season coming up, may go to Singapore x Japan.

Okay, so im planning on quitting my boring job at the end of June to fly to Berlin where my girl will be rounding out the last month of study there. I'll live in her apartment for july and prob take weekend trips in and around Germany. Munich etc etc. THEN in the month of august I'd like to backpack/travel around to as many places as I can. I will have around 6 grand to bring with me and am interested in more off the beaten path maybe outdoorsy stuff to do. I'm not huge into touristy museums or anything so maybe you guys can help me with some suggestions for good places to go considering my budget and time frame. any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

A couple years ago 3 of my friends & I took a week rafting in West Virginia on the New & Gauley river. Cool as shit and we stayed at this really nice 10-person lodge for super cheap. We each had our own room and the place had a kitchen & tv & stuff. That ended up being only like $200 or $300 per person for the week. & it was out in the woods by this ridiculous overlook where you could see all these valleys and shit. It was at about that time of year too, so it would be nice. Although if you don't like rafting, hiking or kayaking don't go.

Lol, I currently live in New York and visit BiG regularly. I've lived in Vegas for over 3 years already.

BTW, my 2 weeks and 2 grand got knocked down to 1 week and 1 grand because of taxes, bills, and work. So, any suggestions on what and where to go?

Like someone mentioned earlier, I don't want to go to a hot place in the dead heat of summer. I'd like to get away from the city, relax, and decompress before going back to the hectic work life.

go to an all inclusive for a week in aruba, doesnt get super hot there because of the trade winds and you can def decompress, but if your looking to party you can find that too. not hot and not very expensive, besides all inclusive = don't need your wallet so you cant lose it!

I heard Amsterdam is awesome; some friends of mine rented bikes and went around the area. Browsing street markets in London are one of my favorite choices. If you decide to head to Brussels, try the chocolate and the mussels and hit some of the surrounding towns (Brugges, Ghent). Italy's awesome for leather goods even in the street markets.

A note: how 'off the beaten path' you want to go might depend upon you language skills. It isn't too big of a problem, though I got some comments for being an ignorant American in the French countryside.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been covered... but I dont check into these parts too often

but..

my friends and I liek taking road trips, but have ran out of locations. We live in LA and so far went to San Fran, Vegas, and Rosarito... flying to NY in december...

During the summer tho id like to go on more roadtrips... Making memories and stuff like that

So where would you guys reccomend a bunch of 19-20 year olds to drive out to?

Just mention anywhere fun... or potentially fun... no matter distance... and mind you, we cant drive on water... yet.

Thanks

My friends and I are going from Boston to Chicago (Pitchfork) to Anacortes Washington (What the Heck Fest). Music festival circuit.

I'll be going on a road trip from Austria to France this summer with some friends, with the highlight being Daft Punk in Paris.

That sounds like a great trip, but gas is soooo expensive here in Euro land. Disel is the only choice that does not kill the pocket. I see people fill up there cars here and it costs like 60E +.... thats like 100$ for a fill up, COME ON!

I'll be going on a road trip from Austria to France this summer with some friends, with the highlight being Daft Punk in Paris.

europe is such an attraction for those of us in North america that we almost forget people just live there...this sounds so much more romantic than "I'll be taking a road trip from Hamilton to Toronto to go see Daft Punk."

I am jack's raging jealousy.

My friends and I are going from Boston to Chicago (Pitchfork) to Anacortes Washington (What the Heck Fest). Music festival circuit.

what the heck fest looks great! jealous. im going to travel round mainland europe by train this summer, but if i was roadtripping in the US then big sur and NY would be must visits.