Japanese '50s Cut Repros

• 2 weeks later...

^ UEKIS? Great stuff capsicum!

Yep, Gardener by Ichiro Ueki.

Is this your own pair mate ? I allways wanted a pair of gardeners , i look sometimes on yahoo auctions but all i ever see is washed versions

That's right, my current daily wearing pair. So lucky that I wore this pair boarding the aircraft going oversea because the whole luggage is still missing and the HWDC contest jeans in it. ughhhhhhhhhhh :(

• 4 months later...

Slooooooooooooow dude, having firmly decided that a Union Special is far too expensive we've definitely decided on a Kansai, but finding the right one is proving a little tricky.

Price difference..

Union Special  - £2k - £5k

Kansai Special  - £400 - £750

I like the differentiator of hemming Japanese jeans on a Japanese machine anyway, and the KS is so much easier to use and maintain plus their main dealer is about 5 miles from my front door. Vive la Kansai !!

The 55's have now had a proper wash, in the machine at 60 degrees as advised by Yohei Goto of Jelado to ensure all the shrink is out. He also advised throwing them in a hot tumble dryer too but my balls are not that big  :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Can someone compare the samurai s0510xx (15oz) to a pair of lvc 1955s?

I've tried all the different types of cuts: slim straight, tapered, tapered borderline skinny, straight, but the anti-fit seems to work best for me. The only problem is the rise is a bit long for where I wear my jeans. I'm curious to know how the Texas cotton will stretch/shrink but more so if the fit is anything like my 55's. I've read BFs fit guide but the lots were a from a few years back. I'm looking into this years model. Anyone?