hemming diors, etc.

ok

always good to rock different styles. if nothing's going to shrink any further, hem a pair so it falls right at your heel. most tailors will offer the "keep the original hem" service, which isn't perfect, but looks the same until you get real close to it...

Quote:

ive been rocking my tsubis, diors, etc. long. keeping them 34" lenght. but now im not sure if i still like it.

opinions on hemming jeans.

--- Original message by ok on Apr 7, 2006 09:42 AM

your diors came as a 34? haha

well.. it was 2 seasons ago that diors were long on the runway, last season they were hemmed like jackups, but this season its all baggy shite anyway... haha

its always good to have a long and a short pair..

i think generally a shorter pair make you look a bit taller... so perhaps a bit more flattering?

although i do have some jeans with 38 inseams i rock tucked into boots just to have OTT wrinklage.. i think a shorter jean would probly get more birds in down the indie-social. zz

i couldn't disagree more -- I think shorter pairs make u look shorter. It's all a trick on the eyes. Short pants draw the eye up and shorten the length of space below your knees. You look stubby, as if your legs were cut off -- expecially if you wear it with white socks. Longer, flowing pants draw your eyes outward and make you look taller, especially if you have a slight bootleg, gives the illusion of your legs stretching up. I can't be alone in thinking this...