Article in local TO free newspaper on Adidas and racism with Adicolor shoe

triniboy27

Quote: also: "which i find unacceptable here on a FASHION FORUM, not a political forum(right mods?)" = desperate cry for help?

don't post or read the thread if you don't want to discuss.

Ok Mr. Nice Guy....he said that because IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW; mods said that any non-fashion related threads would be locked....he was being sarcastic

Quote:
Quote: also: "which i find unacceptable here on a FASHION FORUM, not a political forum(right mods?)" = desperate cry for help?

don't post or read the thread if you don't want to discuss.

Ok Mr. Nice Guy....he said that because IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW; mods said that any non-fashion related threads would be locked....he was being sarcastic

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Apr 7, 2006 11:16 AM

yes, i know. i watched the "bomb afghanistan" thread you posted in with a fair amount of disgust.

this is a directly fashion-related thread, though, so calling out for mods seemed like a pretty cheap way out of an argument he couldn't win. just IMO. [EDIT]i copy that CMF - disregard the preceding sentence.

Edited by snugglepony on Apr 7, 2006 at 11:24 AM

snugglepony:

i do acknoladge that i reap the benifits. i also acknoladge that i am a target of racisim because of it. just as black, asian, hispanic, etc, are prejudged by thier skin color and features, so am i. it goes back to something that a radical palistinian said 2000 years ago "do unto outhers as you would have them do unto you." all races can be racist, not just whites, and it is wrong for anyone to judge a person just by looking at theier skin.

in response to your second point: i started a petition to create a political and current events discussion forum here, and it was trashed by the mods. i want this kind of discussion, and am activly participating in it.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Quote:
Quote: yes, i know. i watched the "bomb afghanistan" thread you posted in with a fair amount of disgust.

Heh hheh "disgust" huh? Awesome!

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Apr 7, 2006 11:48 AM

yep. disgust.

a different sort of disgust than what i feel when you talk about how you're a) married, and B) love thailand where you can fuck half the female population for $500, but whatever... it's disgust all the same.

oops - we're not in supertrash, are we?

Quote: yep. disgust.

a different sort of disgust than what i feel when you talk about how you're a) married, and B) love thailand where you can fuck half the female population for $500, but whatever... it's disgust all the same.

oops - we're not in supertrash, are we?

Wow, there is a bit of a difference between making political commentary and taking shit to a completely personal level; especially when the said comment was something that was said entirely in jest, but hey, if you have to lash out with insults about my marriage and loyalty to my wife, that is your prerogative. It just doesn't do much for your argument when you lower yourself to that level.

icon_smile.gif

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 7, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:

mr max hit on the spot. you cannot even come back with white people being offended over a white caricature, without understanding the history of racism in the US. most people don't even know much about the history of asian americans in america. the chinese coolies who came to the US in the late 1900's came to help build the railroads, and during the gold rush. they were not given any rights, refused citizenship, and treated like utter shit. this caricature of a short, slanty eyed, yellow buck tooth person has been around for a long long time and pretty much harkens back to those racist days, just as much as someone in blackface harkens back to the early twentith century. look at jerry lewis, the chinese asian character is basically the acted version of this caricature. you CANNOT say that shit is NOT offensive.

having grown up being called a flat face, slant eye, gook, etc...i know that racism still exists. and i think that this caricature just reinforces that, in an overt way, no matter intentions of the artist had.

--- Original message by ddohnggo on Apr 7, 2006 10:52 AM

ok... the artist is asian, right? are you offended when a black person uses the word nigger? im not saying that racisim doesnt exist. i know it exists, ive lived in the south all my life. it exists in more forms than just white people vs the rest of the world. and people throughout time have taken symbols of opression and made them thier own as a resistance to that opression.

also, if you say that white people should not be as offended if they saw a demeaning portrayal of them, thenyou are just as racist as the people(an asian in this instance) who you are accusing of racisim. NO ONE should have to deal with it. it doesnt matter what whites have doen in the past, well it does, but why should I be judged and ridiculed for something someone with my skin tone and features did 50 years ago? that my friend is a racist attitude, which i find unacceptable here on a FASHION FORUM, not a political forum(right mods?)

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 7, 2006 11:04 AM

you should be judged and ridiculed for what someone with your skin tone did 50 years ago because you are hiding behind the fact that you personally never discriminated against asians, and somehow think that excuses you from your responsibility in perpetuating stereotypes by defending these shoes.

doesnt matter that the artist is half asian. doesnt matter if its in jest or supposed to be ironic. adidas should know better than to promote racial discrimination.

and for real, whoever argued taht white people are discriminated against just as much as asians(or any non whites), come the fuck on. whites are rarely discriminated against, even in africa (and i admit i dont know THAT MUCH about the situation), dont mistake a gorup of people retaliating against their opressors as discriination. maybe they are taking land back from whites because the populations of certain countries are dying of starvation and aids, while the white pople who colonized their are living off the fat of the land and the backs of the poor. i wouldnt call that racism, id call that the best form of justice thats available to them.

Guest Montreal

Does this mean that you guys are gonna stop buying Adidas? If so, dope, go cop some Nike's made by the very individual depicted on the Huf Adicolor shoe.

haha

now thats a sterotype i can get behind.

but seriously though, is adidas' production process and less ethically appauling than nikes? i only ever hear about nike sweatshops much like i only ever hear about coke being the fucking devil. i just assume adidas and pepsi are equally as evil but everyone just wants to throw rocks at the giants.

Quote: and for real, whoever argued taht white people are discriminated against just as much as asians(or any non whites), come the fuck on. whites are rarely discriminated against, even in africa (and i admit i dont know THAT MUCH about the situation), dont mistake a gorup of people retaliating against their opressors as discriination. maybe they are taking land back from whites because the populations of certain countries are dying of starvation and aids, while the white pople who colonized their are living off the fat of the land and the backs of the poor. i wouldnt call that racism, id call that the best form of justice thats available to them.

If you don't know much about the situation, don't make uninformed blanket statements regarding white-induced oppression in Africa, because clearly, you don't know jack shit about it......yeah, raping and slaughtering white women and children in South Africa is the "best form of justice;" you, my friend, are an ignorant asshole......