Fat Boy (size 38) world tour?

setterman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too - thanks to Kiya and Setterman. Happy to contribute to the cost to make it fairer on all.

desu

I just spent a day sweating off all my beastman parts in the sweltering heat. Maybe....I will change my non-preference, to a preference of any month except July.

Spring is fine for me, Setterman - I'm still a sub 100 post-er, so I'll get to the back of the cue and let the more established guys go first!

desu

Moving the list to the top of the thread. It's in order first by people who have asked for a specific month, and then secondly by order of joining the tour.

To keep from extending this thread more than needed, anybody who hasn't claimed a month yet (or still wants to join), shoot me a PM and I'll just edit this post to update the list.

Setterman (July/August)

Morse9443 (September)

Spaghetti (October)

Marvelous1200 (November)

PandaXS (December)

superbeveridge (January)

Smittybat (Feb)

Denim Sailor (March)

aso2004 (April)

Raspberries (May)

BLM14

Jyoni

Ethandesu

FACE

FedEx says the jeans were in Oakland at 3AM this morning and should be in my hands before 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. I'm ready to rock!

setterman, have we settled on a tour name? After thinking about it, my vote is to take size matters out of the title and run with 'Real Japan Blues 105BPS World Tour' (setterman's initial idea)....thoughts?

As soon it's settled and the jeans arrive, setterman can kick off a new thread titled with the tour name...

Setterman (July/August)

Morse9443 (September)

Spaghetti (October)

Marvelous1200 (November)

PandaXS (December)

superbeveridge (January)

Smittybat (Feb)

Denim Sailor (March)

aso2004 (April)

BLM14

Raspberries

Jyoni

Ethandesu

Wait a minute- you mean Dr_Heech came around here trying to sell his old jeans and didn't even sign up?

Nice!

Wait a minute- you mean Dr_Heech came around here trying to sell his old jeans and didn't even sign up?

Nice!

I think the Dr is a smaller size, but had some larger size jeans he was willing to part with.

FACE, I've added you to the list, which is now a page back. Raspberries, you're marked down for May (sorry about my fuck up).

Jeans were in Pittsburgh as of midnight, should be here shortly. Will get pre-soak measurements as soon as I get my hands on them. Will take some detail pix and pre-soak fit pix at lunch and then get them wet. Will try to get a tour thread started and those initial photos posted tomorrow.

Jeans are here! Thank you Kiya for getting them here fast, and all your help so far with the tour!

Raw measurements match up exactly with what is on Self Edge's website. I'll just add that the rear rise is 15".

I like everything I'm seeing with them! These are going to make a very nice pair of jeans. Only thing I'd change, and this comes from a guy who wears reproduction cuts (Warehouse, Sugar Cane, LVC), is I'd want to add an 1 1/2" to 2" front and rear rise. I like the waist up at my belly button. With the rise what it is, I'm tempted to wear them raw for my part of the tour, but I think what I'll do is give them a quick dip while wearing them. Pix to follow as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...