-- Bottega Veneta Chain Wallet --

englandmj7

The Wallet is somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred dollars. it comes in navy, red, and black. The basket-woven leather is complemented with a preforation detail that covers the outside of the wallet. The inside is the same color as the outside. I've only seen it come in a bifold.

The chain wallet is between $360 - 480 depending on the style and materials.

I've wanted their wallets in the past, but have always worried about how well the leather will hold up in my back pocket. In person, it seems delicate. At the same time, it blows away other fashionable Italian leather wallets. I don't think its overpriced for the luxury market. The woven bifold is much nicer then a plain prada wallet around the same price.

Hmmm, I know it is going to be insanely expensive, and I am actually not very interested in the wallet itself, more so the chain.....but, if I would have to buy the wallet to get the chain, I might.....No one has info. on the chain itself?

I know (N)umber Nine made a black metal wallet chain with multiple chains and skulls hanging from it, but I like the Bottega one much more.......I don't know if you can tell from the pics, but some segments are woven leather, and others are the metal chain......it's so sick..

^^ ehhh, I will make you a bet, you find me a wallet chain that is extremely similar to that one, and I will pay you the price I would have paid for the Bottega Veneta one......yeah, exactly, there are none like it, which is why I like it......not because it is expensive.....if you don't know where to find it, why bother posting?

And just so you know, it isn't "just a chain"...it is a black metal chain that was cast black, which is a very difficult and time-consuming process, not to mention it features premium braided Italian leather attachments handmade by Bottega Veneta.....jerk....

Anyway, for those who care, I actually called the L.A. Bottega Veneta store again and spoke to a guy who was more knowledgeable, he said they just got them in:

$750

Ouch!!!

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 6, 2006 at 02:30 PM

• 3 weeks later...

There are 2 versions, one that is a wallet attached to 1 chain, and the one seen in the most recently posted picture above, which is the coin purse attached to 2 chains. I believe they are both sold out at the BV store in SF. Interestingly, the coin purse cost a bit more b/c of the two chain. IMO, not worth 7-800 bucks. Chains are chains.

Ham sandwich on stale rye bread. Lots of mayo, easy on the ham.

I went by the sf store this week on lunch. they had one left they we're willing to sell. only $800!!! fuck I guess I'll just pay rent for a month instead than buy some overpriced shit that doesn't look as good as the gq picture

• 4 weeks later...

^^ You are an idiot to end all idiots..........

The same can be said for Converse All-Stars and kids in rock bands, or flanneled shirts and lumberjacks, or even combat boots and soldiers......I mean seriously, what a pretentious and unintelligent comment......

Edited by englandmj7 on May 25, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Not to mention, that to the best of my knowledge, this is a bit of an update with the leather idea. I personally would rather a Red Moon for less money. This one is very nice, do not get me wrong, but too refined for the look that I think this would go with. The wallet chain/braid, is, to me, a very work wear kinda look, and this refined peice does not fit with my interpretation of this look.

Sorry, Charlie. You've got it all wrong. While some truckers and bikers have a reason for wearing a chain wallet, the idea of it as a fashion item is ridiculous and was a short lived fad (at best). Wearing a chain wallet today is as laughable as a wearing a gas-station attendant jacket with someone else's name sewn on the chest. Trying to look like a mechanic never was a good pose. Before I saw this post, I thought Hot Topic the last place to buy something so foolish.

Converse has been ubiquitous for what, fifty years now? Hardly a good comparison