-- Bottega Veneta Chain Wallet --

englandmj7

So there is no place for this both functional and fashionable piece in anybody but a trucker or biker?

There are some pics on here of people wearing a leather wallet braid, jeans, and ordinary shirt, and I think it is such an easy way to take a generic look to the next level.

Quote: Sorry, Charlie. You've got it all wrong. While some truckers and bikers have a reason for wearing a chain wallet, the idea of it as a fashion item is ridiculous and was a short lived fad (at best). Wearing a chain wallet today is as laughable as a wearing a gas-station attendant jacket with someone else's name sewn on the chest. Trying to look like a mechanic never was a good pose. Before I saw this post, I thought Hot Topic the last place to buy something so foolish.

Converse has been ubiquitous for what, fifty years now? Hardly a good comparison

Dude, it is a fucking chain attached to your wallet you shitbrick, not some crazy "fad" that only bikers and truckers wear. It is a functional piece of fashion/jewelry that serves as both an item of style and function......you must be from some shithole little town where your only knowledge of wallet chains is limited to the kids who wore them with JNCOs, bowlcut hair, and FUCT shirts when you were in 7th grade (which from the sound of it, was not that long ago). Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it is not fashionable. I would love to see your ass go up to a Bandido and tell him his wallet chain looks stupid.......

And just out of curiosity, how does only a trucker/biker have use for it? Are they the only people that carry wallets? If people are only allowed to wear items of clothing for the demographic that has stereotypically worn them throughout history, then you better stop wearing your Levi's unless you are a fucking coal miner or steel worker.........

Quote: fashion item is ridiculous and was a short lived fad (at best).

You clearly know nothing of current trends.........

jesus, what a jackass.........I mean seriously, you are literally regurgitating shit out of your mouth right now, you should have realized it was a stupid comment and given up. Now fuck-off and complain somewhere else, there are people trying to have a civilized conversation about an item here and you aren't contributing shit.........wanker

Edited by englandmj7 on May 25, 2006 at 03:22 PM