supershaving

Vitamian

currently using a wilkinson with the same brand shaving cream, seems to work well though i want to try out a tenpack like echoepidemic posted

the importance of beard prep and post shave clean up can't be stressed enough. it really helped me get better/cleaner shaves and less irritated skin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You guys should really consider getting into shaving! Over the last 3 years it's become one of the best parts of my day. I normally use a straight razor, but my college doesn't allow them. This is a Gillette Tech previously owed by my grandfather. I only use Feather blades. They're made in Japan and they're the best. I brought 2 shaving creams with me (Truefitt and Hill and Trumpers) and 1 shaving soap (The Art of Shaving). I also love the Taylor of Old Bond Street line of products. They're cheaper and come in a nice variety of fragrances. My brush is a fairly cheap Vulfix Old Original. I'll probably get a nicer brush eventually, but I do really like it. Anyway, that's all I have to say.

DSC_3465.jpg

DSC_3466.jpg

If anyone has any questions about shaving feel free to ask. I'd like to think I could help.

I dont know what it is but shaving is a painful thing for me. My beard hairs grow out in all different directions. I feel like the only non-painful way for me to shave is in the shower with steaming hot water. I use a mach 3 and just some regular gillete shaving cream. Any suggestions for a fucked up beard?

I dont know what it is but shaving is a painful thing for me. My beard hairs grow out in all different directions. I feel like the only non-painful way for me to shave is in the shower with steaming hot water. I use a mach 3 and just some regular gillete shaving cream. Any suggestions for a fucked up beard?

If you're not interested in upgrading your razor or shaving cream I would recommend making sure you have hot water on your face for at least 5 minutes before you start shaving. This takes the hair from something like a wire to something more like a piece of spaghetti. You can slice instead of tug the hair that way.

You might also try using your regular conditioner instead of shaving cream. I put conditioner on my face in the shower before a shave even though I also use cream/brush. A lot of girls also use conditioner on their legs instead of shaving cream and they're legs have always been soft in my experiences.

I always use witch hazel and an after shave lotion with little to no alcohol post shave. Gets rid of irritation and keeps your face moisturized.

• 2 months later...

Just today I inherited my grandfather's Pre-Gillette takeover 7 O'Clock open-comb DE razor with a pack of vintage Wilkinson blades. Apparently this thing is from the 1940's. Currently soaking it to remove any residual soapscum. Will post pictures in the near future.

• 9 months later...

What do you use?

My wife, my "pokemon," wants to get me a new wet-dry electric.

I keep telling that fucker that I already have a nice one. It's a Remington Sport that is bright yellow, from bitd. Same replacement blades as you can go to Walgreen's and buy right now. You can lather up in the shower and buzz that thing right under the spray. It is second only to another man wrapping your face with towels and then shaving you.

What is your technique.