Your shots seem quite grainy for an apparent 100 iso. PP sharpening?

Yup, I was experimenting with a tutorial in cs5 and it said to bump upturned sharpness... I guess I overdid it though. My computer screen resolution also sucks so it didn't look that bad when I saw it on Flickr.

I think you will wind up having to use a plug-in and if you edit them in CS5 you will have a ton more freedom.

Couple from today. Was homecoming I should have taken more photos of just the football game but it's kind of hard to when you only have 50mm of reach.

6201717604_951a75b168_z.jpg

6202406666_b860abb4f8_z.jpg

6202409260_8da5474707_z.jpg

6202411342_011f91170f_z.jpg

Hey Thin Finn,

Might just be my personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of how much detail you seem to be losing due to the extreme contrast you have, the last two especially. If this was done is post, maybe scale it back just a little, otherwise (if it can be helped) shooting at a different time of day would help immensely.

The shot of the guys in the back of the truck is my favorite, though the woman on the far right staring right at the camera is a bit of a distraction. A square crop would nicely eliminate that and still retain the symmetrical composition, but that could just be my bias for square frames talking. :o

Hey Thin Finn,

Might just be my personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of how much detail you seem to be losing due to the extreme contrast you have, the last two especially. If this was done is post, maybe scale it back just a little, otherwise (if it can be helped) shooting at a different time of day would help immensely.

The shot of the guys in the back of the truck is my favorite, though the woman on the far right staring right at the camera is a bit of a distraction. A square crop would nicely eliminate that and still retain the symmetrical composition, but that could just be my bias for square frames talking. :o

I agree about the last two..reminds me too much of hipstamatic or whatever it's called. I loved the ones of the two men talking just as you said but disagree on the square. Golden rectangle wins every time. It's more visually pleasing overall..square would come next though. (I think it would also create too much tension in the photo being it's closer to the edge.)

I threw a paper crane into a fountain.

These are un-edited, the sepia tone is due to redscale (Lomo XR 50-200) film that was used. They're scans of 4 x 6 prints.

With ISO 50

6192101781_b46f7e0a82_z.jpg

6192101539_d65a29ba2e_z.jpg

With higher ISO (200)

6192102405_d3582dc535_z.jpg

6192101377_dc34e75f15_z.jpg

With medium ISO (100-150):

6192617572_37de155fc7_z.jpg

6192102219_2fe242bd8b_z.jpg

One more; this one isn't redscale film. (Fujicolor ISO 200). I double exposed a blurry photo of my face with one of those public announcement RGB-diode light signs.

6209992283_2afe9080a4_z.jpg

I agree about the last two..reminds me too much of hipstamatic or whatever it's called. I loved the ones of the two men talking just as you said but disagree on the square. Golden rectangle wins every time. It's more visually pleasing overall..square would come next though. (I think it would also create too much tension in the photo being it's closer to the edge.)

Technically, his shot isn't quite the golden mean, but close enough. :P

You're probably right about the tightness of a square crop, but in the case of the shot in question, the wideness seems mostly unnecessary (or in my opinion, detrimental). Maybe a 4x5 crop would work. In either case, that woman on the right just pulls a lot of attention away from what is really, a lovely street photograph.

^i`m with you on that, about the woman (damn, wtf that b... had to look directly into my cam, fuck!) :) and about framing the last shot, i wasn`t quite sure about it, since i thought it would have fucked up a big part of the actual pic.

it`s a great pic (if i have the right to say so?!) but with her looking directly into my cam, it really pisses me of. unfortunetly i saw it, as i already was back home again. otherwise i would have went for a 2nd try...

Hey Thin Finn,

well with the last shot i`m totally with you, but with the 2nd one from the bottom i really can`t do much about it, since you can see how the shadows are falling from the sun...all natural baby :)

and since i only can work with "picasa" atm, i do know that i can`t be d`accord with my pics to a 100%...