hey party pooped - where do you get your film developed and scanned? anyone else in NY feel free to weigh in... places that do 120 film too is a bonus.

For snaps and b-rolls, I just take them to walgreens. negatives are processed in 15min for $4.

I take my projects and medium/large format films to L&I Photo on 22nd between 5th and 6th ave. They are typical pro lab prices, $7 for 35mm, etc. They're great people there.

Or shoot black and white and process at home for free.

For snaps and b-rolls, I just take them to walgreens. negatives are processed in 15min for $4.

I take my projects and medium/large format films to L&I Photo on 22nd between 5th and 6th ave. They are typical pro lab prices, $7 for 35mm, etc. They're great people there.

Or shoot black and white and process at home for free.

(obviously you're in NY, I'm in the middle of nowhere but) I took a few rolls to Walgreen's and I'm sure the processing was fine, but their scans were unusable. I'm copping a scanner soon though.

few more from sf, with various amounts of pressing too many buttons in Lightroom

6147748008_d0c0592bbb_z.jpg

6147747194_35621d8f57_z.jpg

6147192755_a185b30d37_z.jpg

6147745570_a31183b07c_z.jpg

6147744026_654bcce725_z.jpg

the second one has better lighting, though her hair gets cut off. narrow lighting is more flattering for women. make sure there's a defined shadow on one side of her face. make sure the eyes are nicely lit.

some spot removal/retouching obviously.

will the images just be small headers like 1-2" at the top of the article? i'm thinking a solid background would probably be better. white is good because it'll blend with the color of the pages [if they're white] and the only solid visible edge of the photo rests on top of the text that follows.