Dovo. What's your budget first? I would suggest the t2i (used) and invest in some good lens. If you got the cash, just get the t3i. If you want to go Nikon, get the d7000 or d5100.

I would suggest getting the 50mm 1.8 for your first pickup all-around lens (portrait, street).

Just remember, buying the lens is the expensive part about photography.

Right now, im trying to keep it around 800. id be using it for school/portfolio and hopefully someday work.

I been looking at the t2i and the only thing it seems to lack that the t3 has is the flip out screen. Ive seen the t2i priced brand new at 799 for the body and an 18-55mm lens. So its lookin like the t2i.

Thanks for the help/suggestion, much appreciated.

Right now, im trying to keep it around 800. id be using it for school/portfolio and hopefully someday work.

I been looking at the t2i and the only thing it seems to lack that the t3 has is the flip out screen. Ive seen the t2i priced brand new at 799 for the body and an 18-55mm lens. So its lookin like the t2i.

Thanks for the help/suggestion, much appreciated.

^ also something you might wanna think about is that those cameras iirc have crop sensors.

so a 50mm lens won't actually look like 50mm it'll be a bit more zoomed in.

also if your buying second hand look out for the amount of shutter actuations a camera has already had, they have a limited (albeit long) lifespan.

super pics there on the last few pages...out of rep for the last guys! great shots there though!

so since i'm back in germany again after 2 weeks switzerland, here's a "small" picture overload again :D

hope you'll enjoy it!

bild10339.jpg

bild10377k.jpg

this fucker attacked me 3 times while i was taking pictures...this is a pic i took as he was on his way down to me!...

bild10363k.jpg

bild10386.jpg

bild10434.jpg

bild10444k.jpg

bild10458k.jpg

bild10461.jpg

bild10477k.jpg

Thanks again for all the advice, suggestions, and help guys. I wound up picking up a Rebel T2i. Havent had the chance to go out and shoot but ive been lurkin around the house tryin to get used to it and im lovin it so far.

5649894361_8d350ff865.jpg

5650465978_913b31a959.jpg

5649916519_625157c5f4.jpg

5649908277_f45b4cd583.jpg

a 18-200 would be ultimate. I wish I had the buying power for a 70-200 2.8 lens. The 55-200mm isn't bad..my only complaint is 200mm has noticeable vignette. It's pretty sharp though esp. at f8