Yo Sufu photogs. I'm moving towards more editorial and studio work, but up to this point I've been working with natural light and a slave set up. Can any of you recommend some good entry level lighting books. I'm interested in both concepts and technique, so pretty much any recommendations you have would be awesome.

ah that sucks, sorry to hear that Protocol. I've become quite paranoid about self-developing important rolls. good thing i found a place in Mong Kok that's pretty cheap including the scanned CD, have scratched quite a few films using the university darkroom/scanners.

yeh i'd had no trouble before that roll so carelessly didn't even think about not risking an important roll. i still don't understand how it fucked up...

i'll actually be in hk in a few months time so would be interested to know how much it costs to develop a roll over there? also is film cheap/easy to buy in hk? if so, i might as well stock up there before i do the whole asia tour.

Sorry to hear Protocol :( I can't say I miss that part of film...

ThinFinn - beautiful colours on that macro. Edit: bokeh with the 85 is fantastic Joelz!

A few from last week...

af5c6742.jpg

b4916d9e.jpg

The "super" moon on March 19:

3275db03.jpg

i'll actually be in hk in a few months time so would be interested to know how much it costs to develop a roll over there? also is film cheap/easy to buy in hk? if so, i might as well stock up there before i do the whole asia tour.

I wouldn't say film is cheap here, a roll of 36 Portra VC400 is $46HKD...

getting it developed with a scanned cd of the negatives (color) at the place I've been getting it done recently is $45 HKD. In Mong Kok I don't know the name of the street, but it's exactly right next to the Wing Shing Photo Supplies store (huge, can't miss it - NOT the one on Sai Yeung Choi Street - this one is about 2 streets below that one. There's a Mahjong Parlor right across from it and a store that sells sneakers attached to it).

02240026.jpg