Appreciated. When I saw this building from across the street I instantly feel in love with

it. So glad I had my camera with me, since as of late I've been too lazy to lug around

my DSLR but hopefully this photo will motivate me to start shooting again (I've been

uninspired for quite some time).

Thanks, appreciated as well. And if you ask, you shall receive. More vertical shots..

IMG_0255.jpg

Is that taken by chance in California? I've got a similar photograph wayyyy back in my archives somewhere (on my ftp) of a skyrider similar to this at Santa Cruz.

Is that taken by chance in California? I've got a similar photograph wayyyy back in my archives somewhere (on my ftp) of a skyrider similar to this at Santa Cruz.

Yeah, it was taken this past summer at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. I was so lazy that

day, there were plenty of great photo opportunities that I did not take advantage of. If

possible, could I please see yours? It'd be greatly appreciated. Anyway, here's some

recent photos I've taken for my MySpace blog.

METER2.jpg

DOOR2.jpg

DRESSINGROOM.jpg

GRAF-TRAIN.jpg

WALL-1.jpg

POLES.jpg

WALL.jpg

Yeah, it was taken this past summer at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. I was so lazy that

day, there were plenty of great photo opportunities that I did not take advantage of. If

possible, could I please see yours? It'd be greatly appreciated. Anyway, here's some

recent photos I've taken for my MySpace blog.

Oh shit I found it. Back in my Canon 300D Rebel days with that shitty 28-105mm lens. Man... this brings back memories of when I was young and innocent, shooting random things and finding it all so interesting... and now to look back on it to ask myself what the fuck was I smoking.

santacruz.jpg

Tried to capture some motion/action this weekend.

487383910_15533db13a.jpg

Basically I tried playing with longer exposures while swinging my camera around (hopefully to sync with the moving object). I wish I had the time to do it all weekend to get just one right. Here's another one:

487383990_133cecca27.jpg

More Cinco De Mayo pics. I tried to shoot all day for practice.

This is at Little Tokyo, I know Japan has a holiday around this time as well:

487345194_ad0d89abd7.jpg

487375079_806ed4935b.jpg

487345130_62c609e238.jpg

and this is totally out of focus... or not...

487302294_8d8974d96e.jpg

I planning on documenting my summer working at a golf course that i've been working at for a few summers and always thought damn i wish i had my camera. I'm gunna shot it all with film and my yashica t4 bc of its size (as much as i'd love to i'm not lugging my 20d around everyday) and if it breaks oh well. Main question what do you guys recommend for color negative film? I want something with vibrant colors (doesn't have to be kodachrome colors) also around iso200. I was thinking kodak uc200 but i'm not positive they make it bc i've only seen 400 in my local shop.

so basically what film??

Umm... if you've used kodak all your life, I suggest trying out fuji film. Fuji 400 is great for everyday film.

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Superia-X-TRA-400-4-Pack/dp/B00004TWLZ/ref=sr_1_25/102-4609533-4433714?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1178693106&sr=1-25

If you like yourself some ISO 100 film since it's so bright out this summer go for velvia 100 from fuji. Kenrockwell.com is orgasmic over the saturated colors it produces. I wouldn't take his site super seriously, but I do agree sympathize with his love for fuji.

Here's another film reccomendation link: http://photo.net/equipment/film

I planning on documenting my summer working at a golf course that i've been working at for a few summers and always thought damn i wish i had my camera. I'm gunna shot it all with film and my yashica t4 bc of its size (as much as i'd love to i'm not lugging my 20d around everyday) and if it breaks oh well. Main question what do you guys recommend for color negative film? I want something with vibrant colors (doesn't have to be kodachrome colors) also around iso200. I was thinking kodak uc200 but i'm not positive they make it bc i've only seen 400 in my local shop.

so basically what film??

If your shooting people and want a film with low contrast good skin tones try Kodak Portra 160 NC.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/portra/160main.jhtml?id=0.2.22.14.7.14.26.3&lc=en

What about B&W?

thanks for the recommendations. I want to do this all in color

i usually shoot black and white during the school year since i have access to a dark room but the summer its kinda tough and i don't want to leave it all till the end of the summer to develop and sort through.

for black and white i'm pretty stuck on ilford hp5 and the occasional roll of tmax

what about the rest of you?

thanks for the recommendations. I want to do this all in color

i usually shoot black and white during the school year since i have access to a dark room but the summer its kinda tough and i don't want to leave it all till the end of the summer to develop and sort through.

for black and white i'm pretty stuck on ilford hp5 and the occasional roll of tmax

what about the rest of you?

T-Max 400/rodinal 1:50 68 deg for 8 minutes bright sun contrasty light. Flat light. open shade, etc 10 min at 68 or even 12 min if the lights real flat 5 inversions every minute constant for the first 60 sec.

T-Max 400/rodinal 1:50 68 deg for 8 minutes bright sun contrasty light. Flat light. open shade, etc 10 min at 68 or even 12 min if the lights real flat 5 inversions every minute constant for the first 60 sec.

ouch my head.... what an awesome post.

just out of curiosity, would you think it's still worthwhile these days to set up a dark room for film development or is it better to just output digitally? i have a basement at home that i'm free to convert.

you're one of those guys. ahaha jk i usually just do the same thing no matter what light and just go with whatever temperature the water is usually in d76

for setting up a darkroom my mom was recently given an enlarger and a bunch of chemicals papers etc. pretty much everything to set up a darkroom. she's supposed to be setting up this summer which would be pretty awesome

you're one of those guys. ahaha jk i usually just do the same thing no matter what light and just go with whatever temperature the water is usually in d76

for setting up a darkroom my mom was recently given an enlarger and a bunch of chemicals papers etc. pretty much everything to set up a darkroom. she's supposed to be setting up this summer which would be pretty awesome

You can get darkroom stuff real cheap now.

The key to really good B&W prints is being VERY consistent in the processing of your negs. It starts there and if you have good negs anything becomes possible. Different will give you different results. I really like rodinal at 1:50 with t-max films and tri X with HC110. Rodinal leans more towards acutance which means its more a detail developer and will show more sharpness than say D76 but with that the grain becomes more apparent. Just changing you temp 2 degrees or changing your agitation can change the contrast of your negs so consistency is VERY IMPORTANT if you want consistent results.

You can get darkroom stuff real cheap now.

The key to really good B&W prints is being VERY consistent in the processing of your negs. It starts there and if you have good negs anything becomes possible. Different will give you different results. I really like rodinal at 1:50 with t-max films and tri X with HC110. Rodinal leans more towards acutance which means its more a detail developer and will show more sharpness than say D76 but with that the grain becomes more apparent. Just changing you temp 2 degrees or changing your agitation can change the contrast of your negs so consistency is VERY IMPORTANT if you want consistent results.

can u recommend any places to get darkroom equipment

^ I reccomend craigslist ^_^. There's been a consistent amount of people unloading their darkroom stuff lately... at least in L.A.